• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGuniversities admit foreign students from lousy high schools with Free Scholarships

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FAP Has Gone Ballistic in Replacing SGs Before GE 2016!

hazy

• profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Oct 2009 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>72 </DD></DL>

[h=2]Our local universities admit foreign students from lousy high schools[/h]
Source: www.tremeritus.com
January 30th, 2012

I think this is something TRE should investigate and write about. It’s getting out of hands. I’m talking about the tens of thousands of foreigners on scholarships in secondary schools, polys and universities. They are all fully funded, given tuition grants and allowances.

This is what I gathered from one case. One Poly sent a team to Guangzhou to recruit PRC students. The students who passed the Poly exams were given places in whichever courses they chose. Their high school results were not required for their applications. They were given tuition grants which would bind them to stay and work in Singapore for 5 years after graduation.

One of the students who came to Singapore found out that her friends from the same high school used only their high school results to get into NTU, NUS and SMU. She told me she could have applied to university instead.

A lot of her friends are studying in universities for degrees and masters, either on scholarships or given tuition grants. The concern here is that thousands of them from lousy high schools were given places in our local universities and our local born and bred Singaporeans have to compete to get in. Needless to day, with limited places in our three local universities, many Singaporean students can’t get in. Yet, these PRC students from their dubious high schools are given scholarships funded by our taxpayers’ monies and many don’t even have to serve a day of National Service.

When she came to Singapore, she joined a clan that helps foreign students coming from a particular province in China. She found that many of the members after graduations are all given PR straight away. All her graduate friends have PR and best of all, most are given high paying jobs in GLCs!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SGuniversities admit foreign students from lousy high schools with Free Scholarsh

1. Today 08:12 PM #21

1. Wayang

1. profile.png
    View Profile

• user-offline.png

• <DT>Join Date <DD>Apr 2007 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>16 </DD>

My son is now serving NS and with his 2As and 2Bs, he could not get a place in NTU or NUS even though he did not apply for the popular courses like Medicine and Law etc.

I am just sad to hear that our gov is doing this to its people.​

<!-- -->
progress.gif
Reply With Quote <!--
-->

<!-- see bottom of postbit.css for .userinfo .popupmenu styles -->Today 08:15 PM #22
topster

• user-offline.png

• <DT>Join Date <DD>Aug 2009 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>104 </DD>

Must also pass GP hor. No pass GP then got problem hor.​

<!-- -->
progress.gif
Reply With Quote <!--
-->

<!-- see bottom of postbit.css for .userinfo .popupmenu styles -->Today 08:19 PM #23
Abbybaby

• user-offline.png

• <DT>Join Date <DD>Jun 2012 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>62 </DD>

My daughter even got merit for GP can not get a place in NTU or NUS, no choice I have to sell house and send her to study uni in Australia. Nowsaday without uni degree cert you can not survive due to influx of foreigners here.​

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: SGuniversities admit foreign students from lousy high schools with Free Scholarsh

Hooray, more PRC chicks to fuck. Thank you FAP :smile:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Universities are now all run as profit-maximizing businesses, not unlike hospitals.

Why do you think SMU was built? It's all part of the plan to make Singapore an 'education hub', where all the students from all over the world come here for their tertiary education. Huge profits from the tuition fees. Business for hostels.

It's not just the universities. The polytechnics, the private schools, the arts and design institutions, the vocational training schools, the various partnerships with overseas academic institutions.

Academia had already sold out to big business long ago.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal

Instead of giving it to the PRCs, It will be better for everyone else if its given to individuals from ang moh country..

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is very true, i lost count how many idiots from oversea which are on fully funded scholarship did badly in university. of course the good ones are really good, but i seen more idiots here who are wasting the place. many of them on scholarship, FULLY FUNDED. Yet these clowns their results does not even qualified them for honors years. many of them i believe dropout of the system. i remember seeing a lot of china mei mei in my times during the first year, when comes to the 2nd year, many of them are gone. sometimes i really feel for those that did not earn a place here.....

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's new?
Have you do something about it?
I know I had and will be doing it again in 2016.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Universities are now all run as profit-maximizing businesses, not unlike hospitals.

Why do you think SMU was built? It's all part of the plan to make Singapore an 'education hub', where all the students from all over the world come here for their tertiary education. Huge profits from the tuition fees. Business for hostels.

It's not just the universities. The polytechnics, the private schools, the arts and design institutions, the vocational training schools, the various partnerships with overseas academic institutions.

Academia had already sold out to big business long ago.

Yale-NUS springs to mind. :rolleyes: