• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Youths Sick of FAP's Brainwashing

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>wenjin0304

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:22 pm Post subject: FALL OF PAYANDPAY JUST BEGIN-Youth Letter to PAP</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>this article is from TEMASEKREVIEW dd14/5

http://./2011/05/14/youth-letter-to-pap/

This year, I am twenty. I would not be able to vote till I’m twenty-four, but this is the very first election I have paid attention to. Before, it was always a taken for me that the PAP will win outstandingly, regardless of the opposition as they are weak and powerless (financially and authority wise).

Ever since late secondary, the inkling that the PAP is not what they seem to be has steadily grown, but the real shocker for me was this year’s GE2011. The PAP’s behavior, the speeches, the representatives and the unraveling truths has left a disgusted taste on my tongue.

Our education system is heavily programmed in teaching young minds about the good side of PAP. As a history fanatic, back when I was Primary school, I have always known that Governments would always portray a better image of themselves. After all, that was what the Communists and propaganda in our textbooks was about. But I have never realized just how deeply ingrained the thought of supporting and being loyal to PAP was till the past few years.

I had earnestly, honestly believed in them. That they were a beacon and an example to other countries on what transparency, lack of corruption and good governance is like.

But they fell from grace. The white light was there simply to hide the shadows. Their speeches were contradicting and threatening. Their actions – election campaigning and hand-overs – ugly. How, how can they stand, betraying all that they had stood for? All that their people had supported them for?

Then I recalled.

Of the time after WWII – when the British fell and abandoned us. The people were disillusioned. The fair, almighty British, had lied, taken advantage of them, proven themselves weak and the people obeyed them no more!

We shall fend for ourselves! We shall rely on no one but our own!

I paused. I realize then, that I am likening them to the past British. It is history repeating itself… but worse.

Why?… They had everything. They could rebuild a country… a whole new world… from scratch. And they built this.

My last thought is… that I will work hard, and plan to migrate with my parents. I will try to find a way to get back our CPF before we migrate. If I am unable to migrate, I will at least ensure my children in the future, will be able to attend international schools, free from programming. I will teach them to think for themselves and work towards a better life.

.Lucide (Law of Unintended Consequences)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HulkSmash

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already transported my parents. They are are happy away from Sinkapore. My daughters - 2 of them - will give it a try. I await with unabated breath!