• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] Taxi driver at Changi Airport gave attitude after finding out customer only wanted to go to Tampines, drove angrily, customer made police report

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cover-image-79.png

https://mothership.sg/2023/06/tampines-woman-accuses-driver-reckless-driving/

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle doesn't understand the logic behind taxi drivers queueing up at changi Airport just for the extra $ and refused to pickup job at comfort app or going to taxi stands. Or even street plying seems to be a thing of yesteryear.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that they work as taxi drivers should be the first clue that their critical thinking skills are not the best
They are Taxi drivers for a reason. Just like Delivery platform workers, most of them are not angel.

On the hindsight, at least they are gainfully employed and we should give them credit. Much better than those who cheat, scam, parasitic etc.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi drivers are the worst complainers in life. Complain about weather la, complain not enough passengers, complain about govt , complain about taxi company, complain about fuck all!

Pervert

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lan lan just take loh, blame all things but why never blame yourself? In the first place, its you yourself wanna place the bet and Q at the Airport, hoping that the next passenger(s) would be heading to Jurong right? :biggrin:

Pervert

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just paste the entire article. No one wants to give mothershit any clicks
done.

A 34-year-old woman had lodged a police report after her taxi driver allegedly drove recklessly from Changi Airport to her home in Tampines after knowing she lived there.

What happened​

Speaking to Shin Min Daily News, the woman, surnamed Wu (transliteration from Mandarin), said she arrived in Singapore on the evening of Jun. 23 after returning from a business trip in the Philippines.

She subsequently hailed a taxi at the airport's taxi stand, and a black Prime Taxi vehicle arrived.

According to Wu, at first, the taxi driver was very friendly and even helped her to move her luggage into the vehicle.

However, his attitude quickly took a downturn after Wu told him that she lived in Tampines.

"He told me that, unlike other taxis, his taxi costs a lot. When I said I was willing to pay more, he replied that I should not complain about the taxi fares. He also said Singaporeans like to complain," the 34-year-old recounted.

Wu also shared that she had only gotten into the vehicle after confirming with the driver multiple times that he was willing to take on the job.

Driver subsequently slammed gas pedal on purpose: Wu​

However, shortly after Wu got into the taxi, the driver began slamming the gas pedal, making her journey home very uncomfortable.

"When he slammed the gas pedal, he would cast a glance at me using the rare-view mirror, which made me feel like he was doing it on purpose," the 34-year-old theorised.

According to a video provided by Wu seen by Shin Min, the driver appeared to be in his fifties.

Throughout the trip, Wu could be heard reminding him repeatedly to drive carefully.

She could also be heard appeasing the driver, saying, "Don't be mad, uncle. It would be dangerous for you to drive while you are angry."

However, the taxi driver only retorted, "Do not teach me how to do [my job]. [I have done my job] as long as I drop you off at your destination."

Wu felt unwell after the ride & lodged police report​

According to Wu, shortly after the 8-km trip, which cost her S$22.80, she began to feel dizzy and started to throw up.

As a result, she had to visit a clinic to seek medical attention on Friday.

Wu also revealed that she had since lodged a police report on the matter.

"Even if you are unhappy at work, you should not be driving so recklessly. This behaviour is really too dangerous. What would have happened if the passenger was an elder or someone with heart issues instead of me?" the 34-year-old asked.

Wu also shared that she would always give her taxi drivers a S$10 tip because she knows her home lies in close proximity to the airport, and she understands the difficulties faced by taxi drivers as her father is one too.

In response to Mothership's queries, the Singapore Police Force confirmed that a report was lodged, and they are looking into the matter.

Mothership has also reached out to Prime Taxi for comments and will update this article if the company replies.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle doesn't understand the logic behind taxi drivers queueing up at changi Airport just for the extra $ and refused to pickup job at comfort app or going to taxi stands. Or even street plying seems to be a thing of yesteryear.
Leksee Unker ish last time 大贵人,now dun know why drop into Hardland to drive Leksee, 大仙下凡历幼

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would his reaction be if the customer wanted to go to Tanah Merah MRT station, or Xilin Ave? :unsure:

Cabbies camp at Changi Airport in the hopes of 'catching big fish'. The palpable disappointment is understandable. :wink:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple. one queue for 8km and below, one queue for 8km and above.....all happy
another queue for drivers and passengers willing to have a muay tai match if the distance not agreeable

Last edited: