• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG sub-par imported labour:17 yo inexperienced PRC technician zapped to death

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cable TV technician dies from electrocution
Lianhe Wanbao - 17 hrs 5 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

A technician died after he was electrocuted while installing cable TV for a household.

The technician, a 17-year-old youth, had been installing the Mio TV cable service for a flat at Blk 310, Bukit Batok Street 32.

Mdm Aminah (55, cleaner), the owner of the flat told reporters that the young technician had come to fix the cable TV as her husband had just subscribed to it to watch soccer.

According to Mdm Aminah, the youth was armed with a tool box and had asked about the layout of the wiring in the house.

He then borrowed a small ladder and went outside the house to fix up the cables.

Mdm Aminah, though a little uneasy with the young technician, had left the youth to fix the wiring while she went into the house to watch TV.

A short while later, she heard a loud sound like something heavy falling.

She went outside the house to check and saw the youth lying unconscious on the ground without any visible injuries. An Indian neighbour happened to pass by and the man helped to call the police.

The young technician, Meng Chu Da, died an hour later in the hospital.

The police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 1 September 2011.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

If you are unsure of wiring, don't meddle.

Some years ago, I tried to fix an electrical connection at the top of my porch outside my house. It was raining, I kena electrocuted ..... my hair all stand .... went back inside, look at myself in mirror, hair all like porcupine ....!!!:mad::(

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually electrocuted case has high chance of revival if CPR is given immediately. i think it was not performed on time...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you see the Malay new year lighting, maybe the Malay illegally route electric cable to wrong place for his lighting.

M

Mdm Tang

Agree.

If you are unsure of wiring, don't meddle.

Some years ago, I tried to fix an electrical connection at the top of my porch outside my house. It was raining, I kena electrocuted ..... my hair all stand .... went back inside, look at myself in mirror, hair all like porcupine ....!!!:mad::(

my friend visited Macdonal and was shocked to see a Indian FT / or Blanga

standing behind the cashier taking order from customers .

we observe for about 10 mins , not crowded,

each and every customer got to speak simple english

so that their order can get through. Mnay got to repeat their order.

Macdonal also know how to maximise FT quota from MOM .

Biz philosophy : Earn In S$ then payout cheap $ to FT = Max Profit for Company.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually electrocuted case has high chance of revival if CPR is given immediately. i think it was not performed on time...
actually Mdm Aminah and an Indian neighbour offered to do mouth to mouth and CPR but the boy in his semi conscious state politely declined

he'd rather die :eek:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it possible that the 17 year old was employed by SingTel's contractor and not SingTel? I am doubtful SingTel will employ 17 year old boys. How was he able to get employment here?

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng got 1 question to ask, "why 17 years old youth can work in sg? most sg youths at his age should be either in jc/poly or working part-time at kfc or mac or joining paikia mah.":confused:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very strange, mioTV cabling is just an ethernet cable, it doesnt involve live wiring. Even if for whatever reason he meddles with the power supply wiring, every household are equipped with circuit breaker and any power surge would have tripped the circuit breaker. How he got electrocuted really beats.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is very strange, mioTV cabling is just an ethernet cable, it doesnt involve live wiring. Even if for whatever reason he meddles with the power supply wiring, every household are equipped with circuit breaker and any power surge would have tripped the circuit breaker. How he got electrocuted really beats.

From the picture, he was meddling with wires outside the house. That means no circuit breaker.

Also, I don't think he was suppose to mess with the electrical wires. Maybe he cut the wrong wire by mistake.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the picture, he was meddling with wires outside the house. That means no circuit breaker.

Also, I don't think he was suppose to mess with the electrical wires. Maybe he cut the wrong wire by mistake.

You're probably correct, a fatal error canceled his life. But that raises questions of how could a qualified technician not recognize a live electrical wire let alone cutting it and why and what is he trying to do messing with electrical wires outside the unit if he's just installing mioTV cable which are suppose to be just ethernet cables inside the unit.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And Singaporeans will donate hundreds to thousands after they hear what the family members have to say.

lianbeng disagrees with the word "donate" is more like "pluck" or ""squeeze" from our taxpayers' hard-earned money to pay those damages occurred.:mad:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i fixed up a mio tv box b4.. absolutely no need to meddle with a live electrical ac cable at all..