• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - S'porean couple goes to South Korea for 8-day holiday, spends 7 out of 8 days in Covid-19 quarantine

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1658566406556.png

A Singaporean couple flew to South Korea for a free and easy eight-day holiday, but ended up diagnosed with Covid-19 on the first day of arrival.

They ended up spending seven days in the hotel room.

The couple's crushed holiday was reported by Shin Min Daily News.

Tested negative before departure​

The couple, surnamed Huang and Li, both 25 years old, originally planned to travel to Seoul for four days starting from July 13, before going to Jeju Island for four days.

Before embarking on their holiday, the couple's Antigen Rapid Test (ART) results were negative and both of them were fully vaccinated.

But they felt unwell with symptoms during the flight.

Huang said: "We didn't feel very comfortable on the plane, but thought it was the dry cabin that caused the dry and itchy throat. Unexpectedly, when we arrived in South Korea, the test came back positive."

Short-term visitors who test positive for Covid-19 upon arrival in South Korea need to serve a seven-day quarantine at an allocated quarantine facility.

For the next seven days, the couple could only be quarantined in Seoul.

They cancelled all travel plans as a result.

Went out on eighth day​

After the seven-day mandatory quarantine period was up, the couple spent the eighth day out and about.

Huang said: "South Korea's quarantine rule is that you can go out after seven days, so on the last day, we seized the opportunity to eat food and go shopping."

They returned from South Korea on July 20.

Huang said that she had been to South Korea before, so she had no regrets.

Moreover, she was accompanied by her boyfriend during the hotel quarantine, so she was not alone.

Spent S$3,000​

Huang said she bought travel insurance and is still finding out more about the claims procedure.

The whole trip cost S$3,000: S$1,000 for hotel, S$100 for food delivery, S$1,600 for round-trip tickets, and S$200 for testing.

Huang added: "Both my boyfriend and I received three doses of the mRNA vaccine. I developed a loss of voice when I was quarantined and only recovered on July 21. My boyfriend had a fever and a sore throat."

Huang revealed that after returning to Singapore, she was no longer sick, so she did not take the test.

Although her boyfriend was asymptomatic, he still tested positive.

According to the Ministry of Health in Singapore, the quarantine period for those who have completed vaccination is up to seven days.

https://mothership.sg/2022/07/south-korea-covid-19-7-days/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would stay away from the more siao on Great Reset countries.

Hint: those countries which have a high vaccination rate, which were the first ones on the list to implement the first or second booster shot etc.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
They felt unwell and tested +ve. Isn't that accurate? :thumbsdown:
That only test that they are sick, not test that they have covid. Nowadays when one is sick is always covid, what happen to headache, cough, runny nose? All these are covid? Which part of "The test is unreliable" you do not understand.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
That only test that they are sick, not test that they have covid. Nowadays when one is sick is always covid, what happen to headache, cough, runny nose? All these are covid? Which part of "The test is unreliable" you do not understand.
My uncle thought the art kit is to test specificallee for covid onlee?
Last year when my uncle got a verlee bad sore throat and fever at night he tested -ve. Next morning he went clinic test for pcr also -ve so loctor told my uncle he just got normal viral infection. My uncle felt more at ease becas
1. He need not fear of dying from the normal flu becas sg so far noone died from Normal viral infection at his age whereas covid19 killed several patients of his profile.
2. He need not fear of spreading to familee member as normal Flu transmission rate is lower and true enough all his familee members were spared from the flu infection he had.

Hence my uncle think the purpose of art kit is for this purpose. I.e for the patient to know his transmission rate and take the necessarlee precautions .