• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Social workers in Sg suffer depression from overwork and underpay

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be complaining about moslems having to go to the mosques to pray. That's weird.
You have a comprehension and logic problem.
Having the congregation prayers in the evening at the multi purpose hall just a few steps away after a long and tiring day at work, it is convenient.
When it becomes a chore to have to travel and rush for time to go to the masjids, after breaking your fast, it becomes a disincentive to go. In the end more will not do their evening prayers.
That is the whole idea. May Allah reward MUIS for this dumb idea abundantly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Having the congregation prayers in the evening at the multi purpose hall just a few steps away after a long and tiring day at work, it is convenient.

And that's your problem there: the magic word 'convenient'. Time for you all to bear your crosses when you want to act holy before your god.

When it becomes a chore to have to travel and rush for time to go to the masjids, after breaking your fast, it becomes a disincentive to go. In the end more will not do their evening prayers.

It's always takes some effort to travel to the place of worship. I too do not stay near my church and have to travel some distance on a regular basis. I still turn up.

Maybe people should do their evening prayers because they really want to do so, rather than because they are pressured into doing or because it is very convenient.

That is the whole idea. May Allah reward MUIS for this dumb idea abundantly.

Your whole idea is about personal convenience. I'm not sure if your version of god would reward you for such thinking.

Perhaps you should see it from this perspective: Because you put in more effort to travel to the mosque for your prayers, your version of god would be happier with your sincerity.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
And that's your problem there: the magic word 'convenient'. Time for you all to bear your crosses when you want to act holy before your god.

It's always takes some effort to travel to the place of worship. I too do not stay near my church and have to travel some distance on a regular basis. I still turn up.

Maybe people should do their evening prayers because they really want to do so, rather than because they are pressured into doing or because it is very convenient.

Your whole idea is about personal convenience. I'm not sure if your version of god would reward you for such thinking.

Perhaps you should see it from this perspective: Because you put in more effort to travel to the mosque for your prayers, your version of god would be happier with your sincerity.
No doubt, I will go even if it is inconvenient. Currently I have my own personal transport.
Some Muslims prioritize convinience. This is how PAP kills Islam. Grandfather's and parents will now not bring the kids to prayers.
Again, may Allah 'reward' MUIS abundantly.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
SOS share what he heard from hospitals.

A few Social workers have their own problems; family issues, money issues, divorced, pretty much like us.

Lately due to the surge in HDB resale prices, several social workers are blowing the old folks or their unmarried children, eg:
- not all old folks are poor, many are just old and single with a fully paid-up properties. There are reported cases of social workers marrying the people their serve.
- This year, there are a few cases of middle-age social workers dating unmarried children of old folks who will inherit the hdb. In a case that I know of, the social worker went to blow the son of the widower, which is also the co-owner of the HDB.

HDB worth a lot these days, being able to get a fully-paid one from marriage is worth quite a lot.
Just a few with conflict-of-interest, most social workers are still kind souls.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some Muslims prioritize convinience. This is how PAP kills Islam. Grandfather's and parents will now not bring the kids to prayers.

People should make their own choices about their choices in choosing a religion or to do a particular religious tradition. In Singapore, most town districts have a mosque within 5 bus stops from the bus interchange or MRT. That's not a long travelling distance if any mosque would do for the prayers.

Again, may Allah 'reward' MUIS abundantly.

If you have to continuously earn your spiritual rewards, it's a very uncertain life. There's no sincerity in religion if people are doing religious stuff mainly because they are constantly threatened with hell or divine punishment by an angry God or harassment from religious vigilantes.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
People should make their own choices about their choices in choosing a religion or to do a particular religious tradition. In Singapore, most town districts have a mosque within 5 bus stops from the bus interchange or MRT. That's not a long travelling distance if any mosque would do for the prayers.
People who never fasted like Jesus did, will never understand the subtle stresses it puts on the person's time, spirit and psychology.

Upon rushing home to make it in time for break fast, which is a specific time, after the body has endured food nor water the whole day, he wants to shower first, then he has that meal (which suddenly fills him empty stomach) and then has to do his sunset prayers.
You may know how it feels when the tummy is suddenly filled, you tend to be immobile. It's difficult.

Then he has to get ready to go to the masjid, and reach there within 20 mins on the bus. So that he can make it in time for the congregational prayers.
Now if that congregational prayers was just at the next multi purpose hall a few steps away, that would not be a problem. He could have in tow his children and grandchildren with him to the prayers and they will learn the joy and satisfaction of those evening prayers.

Without those neighbourhood congregations, he will probably miss those congregation and his children and grandchildren will never get to experience it. Isn't this is what MUIS wants right? May Allah 'reward' then if it so.

And you can see for yourself how full these neighbourhood congregations are as a testament of how convenient and popular they are.
If you have to continuously earn your spiritual rewards, it's a very uncertain life. There's no sincerity in religion if people are doing religious stuff mainly because they are constantly threatened with hell or divine punishment by an angry God or harassment from religious vigilantes.
Unlike the illogical christian dog-trine of somebody dying and paying for your sins, we Muslims are accountable for each, our own.

Otherwise you end up like the liberal west where they will do any wrong and claim somebody already paid for their wrong doing.