• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Severely Hit By Once in 50 Years Ponding Again!

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Vivian has lots of strikes against him ....YOG financial fiasco, floods, cleaning of hawker centres, dengue, haze and rats in hawker centres, now flood again. How many more screw-ups before LHL considers him a failure?

He's a jinx, his bagua clashes with the country or the Lee Regime.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since planning will not fully solve the problem, might as well don't plan and spend a cent on the problem? Just blame it on nature will do. Anyway, Sg will not have space for tunnels, etc, underground space is meant to house living as well.

it's a blessing in disguise that hdb blocks have void decks. it shows how much long term planning hdb architects were engaged in. :p

because the inevitable will happen, i.e. sea level will rise by 6.9 yards over the next 69 years, it's better for a home buyer in sg to get a house on a hill or get a condo or flat that is at least 6.9m above ground. and invest in an inflatable rubber dinghy.

there's no point for the pap gov in wasting money to curtail flash floods. it's too short term. rising sea level and erosion and reduction of the coastline will render that planning and funding exercise useless. think and plan for loong loong term, oops i mean, long term. :biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
I will be investing in a sampan with 69 inflatable dolls....will be doing many 69s with them too.

because the inevitable will happen, i.e. sea level will rise by 6.9 yards over the next 69 years, it's better for a home buyer in sg to get a house on a hill or get a condo or flat that is at least 6.9m above ground. and invest in an inflatable rubber dinghy.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Ms Vivian has no statement to issue ah? I was expecting him to say that such 'ponding' comes only once in a century. So, there is nothing we should do.

Im urging LKY or LHL to check Mrs Vivian's bazi!!!! Every ministry he helms sure kana scandals, natural disasters & overblown budget. His fengshu very bad!!!
Ever since he was the Environment Minister, we kana haze now flood. I shudder to think what's going to happen next.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Vivian has lots of strikes against him ....YOG financial fiasco, floods, cleaning of hawker centres, dengue, haze and rats in hawker centres, now flood again. How many more screw-ups before LHL considers him a failure?

You read my mind. Mrs Vivian bazi is shite!!!! She can correct it by having a name change.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
environment is the toughest ministry
it is unpredictable
it is precarious
it is brutally hostile and unforgiving
mother nature is at her worst
more environmental disasters will soon follow - globally
fukushima is just the tip of the ice berg
be prepared.....when it strikes with a vengeance!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is unpredictable
it is precarious

Don't need to prepare lah ...Ms Vivian said that it happens once every 50 years ...so, why bother. Why are you not following your master?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mosquito coil

Haven't used those coils for decades. However sometimes the old ways are the best. Especially if there is no power. A breakdown of our power supply may seem unlikely but with the direction Spore is heading one never knows.:(

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is unpredictable
it is precarious

environment will not be tough to helm if the minister in charge has the foresight to plan for contingencies for mother nature...its not like they dont know that we face the threat of floods, haze, mozzies etc due to our tropical and geographical location. they are just too complacent with their cushy jobs and only think abt advancing their political standing, esp Vivian B.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or use this aussie research to eliminate dengue completely.

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/09/05/247772_local-news.html

Medical entomologist Professor Scott Ritchie, based at JCU in Cairns, was the principal investigator of The Eliminate Dengue project, led by Scott O'Neill from Monash University, which won the Research in Infectious Diseases Award.
Professor Ritchie said the research aimed to stop the spread of the disease, using biotechnology techniques taken from fruit flies. He said dengue was becoming a bigger problem in much of the tropics.
"This innovative project utilises the bacterium Wolbachia to prevent the dengue vector Aedes aegypti from transmitting dengue viruses.
"This partnership has already demonstrated that the parasite can effectively work in the laboratory and in semi-field cages."

Haven't used those coils for decades. However sometimes the old ways are the best. Especially if there is no power. A breakdown of our power supply may seem unlikely but with the direction Spore is heading one never knows.:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am still using the mosquito coils low tech , effective, better than all the so called modern gadgets I have used...only thing is, have to watch for fire hazard. With the mosquito coils... the mozzies STAY AWAY...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From one pondan to another:

yaacob-ibrahim.jpg
969453_10151457003547478_1786980080_n.jpg

And the ponding still persists. :cool: