• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG second most militarised country in the world

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
A highly mililtarised country and yet allowed a middle aged lame man to swim across the Johore straits undetected when the security appratus of the whole nation had been mobilised to track him down.

And Wong Kan Seng still has a job. Even today.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course.... even the maids here contribute to total defence (not to mention wash, iron, clean combat attire and boots every weekend)

Maid+Army+Floating+Platform.jpg

Good one bro. Very creative.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This writing is meant to twist the arms of Singapore, basically by USA and lackey Japan. They cannot stand a strong CHina and cannot stand being No. 2 and No. 3. though one of them heading for No. 5.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine SG spending more than $12b a year on military.
Malaysia spending only 1/3 of SG budget.

Springtime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think when the war come, all will pack up and run away given our kiasu mentality. Starting with those who openly say "you die your business" multi million dollar paid ministers.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think when the war come, all will pack up and run away given our kiasu mentality. Starting with those who openly say "you die your business" multi million dollar paid ministers.

Only poor cannot afford to run away will stay. Those can afford sure run including me. No point fighting. The world so big ...........

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the quality of our untested Paper Generals, Wayang Admirals and wet behind the ears spectacle wearing NS boys, I have no doubt the enemies will defeat us easily in an event of a war..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only poor cannot afford to run away will stay. Those can afford sure run including me. No point fighting. The world so big ...........

As long as you are hard working, there's always a place for you in this world.
Wars have always been started by politicians with an agenda. They will always try to manipulate people by using fear or some kind of historical grievance.

We have never had any real problems with our neighbours. We are actually held in high regard, by Malaysians & Indonesians. Or rather our wealth :smile:
The only real friction I can remember was in the 60's with the Indonesians.
I'm too young to remember the details of the "Confrontation" so I asked an older Indonesian Chinese friend about it. According to him Sukarno didn't have anything against Sporeans. It was directed against the British & that they were trying to help.

LKY is always using Malaysia as some kind of boogie man to scare Sporeans:rolleyes: Why would Malaysia want to invade Spore since it was they who kicked Spore out:confused:
According to James Minshin, the author of the banned book "No Man is an Island", he speculated that the real reason NS was started was because LKY was afraid that the Malaysian would kick him out of office:biggrin:
So NS men were needed to guard his position.

Some may think that it is noble to die for our country. I disagree because we just pawns or according to the PAP we are "Lesser mortals". This is why I am not willing to put my life on the line to defend Spore Inc. I've worked too damn hard to accumulate my nest egg. I intend to enjoy the fruits of my labour :smile:.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny333 my thinking same as you.
Why Malaysia/Indon want to invade SG. land less than 1000kmsq??
No natural resources only human that is a burden for any country leader.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny333 my thinking same as you.
Why Malaysia/Indon want to invade SG. land less than 1000kmsq??
No natural resources only human that is a burden for any country leader.

The only reason they will invade is if it becomes too much an irritant.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
..Some may think that it is noble to die for our country. I disagree because we just pawns or according to the PAP we are "Lesser mortals". This is why I am not willing to put my life on the line to defend Spore Inc. I've worked too damn hard to accumulate my nest egg. I intend to enjoy the fruits of my labour :smile:.

What if there's a change of Gahmen & political party, would more Singaporeans then stand up & be counted & be patriotic enough to die for country, what do you think? What i'm asking is do you think Singaporeans pay allegiance to country or money/life?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if there's a change of Gahmen & political party, would more Singaporeans then stand up & be counted & be patriotic enough to die for country, what do you think? What i'm asking is do you think Singaporeans pay allegiance to country or money/life?

When I was younger people felt that they had a stake in Spore. Even though not everyone agreed with all the policies, there was a sense that it was for the good of the country. Maybe it was all just PAP propaganda but that's what we believed:o

That has changed under the new generation of leaders. It's now all about making profits from Sporeans, replacing them with FT, Ho Ching's gambling habits, expensive hospitalization, asset enhancement, importation of mercenary sports men/women .... Spore Inc is less about citizen welfare & more about money & power.

Don't know if we can ever go back to the feelings of the old days because the population mix has changed so much. How do you integrate the "new" Sporeans when the leadership doesn't value or understand what it means to be a citizen:confused:.