• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Riz Rashid : "I'm Malay but NOT Muslim!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why I’m Out and Loud - ExMuslim perspective on Islamism in Singapore

It’s no longer a secret now that I’m an official Murtad (apostate), with papers but what perplexes many people is why I’m so loud about my apostasy and dedication about smashing the taboo of apostasy in Singapore. The short answer is, Islamism is on the rise here, it might not be as extreme as the cases we’ve seen in Europe but there is a visible push for a more Islamic Malay community here whereby the Malay identity is interchangeable with the word Muslim. Soon enough, people like myself will be without an ethnicity due to the constitution and it’s vague description on what a “Malay” is. We are seeing the death of the Malay culture in favour of a more Islamic one.

To give a recent example on why this is a concern to me, I recently sent my mother off the airport for her holiday trip, of all her friends that came to see her off, only 1 and my auntie reciprocated my offer to Salam (shake hands), this is odd to me because being raised Malay I was taught that salam is a sign of respect but apparently now because everyone wants to be so Islamic, shaking hands with unrelated male individuals is not permissible. Sure all of them wore the tudung but I never saw this as a problem as older Malay women tend to pick up this habit, mainly because of hair issues.

But then during Hari Raya celebrations, most of my female cousins around 20 - 35, were wearing their tudungs as well, again a trend that I found odd. The Baju Raya for Malay women has always been something that is modest looking and growing up the tudung was not a big part of this costume with the younger generation until now.

There are so many other examples of how the Malay culture and traditions are being replaced by Islamic ones, another one is in the language. I’m sure by now you’ve noticed me using Tudung instead of Hijab and Hari Raya instead of Eid, other Malay words being replaced by their Arabic counterpart, Sembayang (Pray) - Soalat and Buka Puasa (break fast) - Iftar.

I’ve also been told many times that the word “Murtad” and “Ex-Muslim” is uncomfortable for Muslims and many a times told to keep this fact to myself and not let it out to preserve family honour. Which to be honest, actually makes me want to be more in your face about my apostasy. My existence (and the existence of other ex-Muslims) supersedes your feelings, why? Because it’s not healthy for us to continue living in the closet and leading a double life. This is the kind of thing that slowly but surely destroys a person psychologically especially when they cannot be honest with those they love.

For example, I lost my father before I could come out in the open with my apostasy and to this day it still tears me up inside because I will never know if he can accept me for who I am.

Back to the original question, why am I so loud about my advocacy for Ex-Muslim apostates in Singapore and so vehement against the Islamisation of the Malay community? To summarize, it’s because I want those of us who have left the faith to be able to still remain with and have good relations with our families, this is simply not possible if the Malay community continues to turn it’s back on it’s cultures and traditions to adopt an idealized arabized version of Islam which treats apostates like we’re outcasts and dangerous people to the Ummah who will lead your faithful children away from the path of Islam, and even if we do talk about the difficult topic that makes your children question the path you’ve laid out for them, is it no their choice to make for themselves?

This is why at Council of Ex-Muslims of Singapore, our primary goal is to preserve the family unit by smashing the taboo of apostasy, so apostates no longer have to lead double lives worried that their families will find out and disown them and Muslims here need to stop fetishizing this whimsical arabic gold standard of Islam and put their families first and show support to their family members who have chosen to leave the faith from the negative attitudes that is sure to follow from this revelation.

Riz Rashid
CEMSG - Representative/Contributor

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Profile photo for Terence Kenneth John Nunis

Terence Kenneth John Nunis
, 2 Decades of learning: theology, spirituality & jurisprudence.
Updated Oct 4, 2021

Can a Singaporean Malay Muslim convert to Christianity?

Converting to Christianity is easy. Depending on the church or denomination, this might include some formal classes on the basics of the faith, informal study sessions, and a baptism. For example, the Roman Catholic Church has a programme, Roman Catholic Initiation of Adults, and a formal ceremony, the Sacrament of Baptism.

The complication here is the formal process to leave Islam. Muslims are covered under an act of legislation known as the Administration of Muslim Law Act, Cap 3. A Muslim needs to formally renounce Islam so that the strictures and protections of the act no longer apply to him. Formal renunciation is a chore because this information is not advertised, and many Muslims who do know the process are not going to simply tell people how to leave Islam. I think this is a mistake. God is neither enhanced if all Creation believes in Him, nor is He diminished if all Creation disbelieves. If people want to be Muslims, we should make it easy, and if they want to leave, we should respect their decision and make it easy as well.

The first step to renunciation is to get a statutory declaration done, stating that he is renouncing Islam, and no longer considers himself a Muslim. A lawyer is not even required to file a statutory declaration. One simple goes to court, obtain a statutory declaration form, fill in the form, proceed to a Commissioner for Oaths and swear.
The second step is to proceed to the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore and go to the customer service counter. There, request for the form to apostatise. They will send the client to a nice room and an ustadz will come over with a questionnaire. A convert deciding to renounce might be referred to the Muslim Converts’ Association of Singapore for counselling. If the one renouncing is certain, simply decline the offer for counselling, and proceed to fill up the form. That counselling is not compulsory. With these two steps, whoever has decided to renounce, has legally left Islam.

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-non-Muslim-Malays-in-Malaysia

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it cast in stone Malays have to be Muslim?

Kinda.

In jiuhu, a muud has to be a moslem. While some moslems have been allowed to leave islam in jiuhu, none of them are muuds. Those who leave are usually because they converted to the mohameddan religion because of marriage and the marriage failed.

In most islamic societies around the world, they tend to be tribal, which means everyone of the same race follows the same religion, which is usually islam. It is not like chink or white societies, where people are free to follow different religions or no religions, and society as a whole is okay with it.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, it is true that Islamism is on the rise in SG. I've witnessed it with a few of my muslim friends. When I asked them about it, they told me we are all getting older, the day of reckoning is near. Hence, they want to be right with their allah. That's a stark contrast with the west, where religion is dying.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it is true that Islamism is on the rise in SG. I've witnessed it with a few of my muslim friends. When I asked them about it, they told me we are all getting older, the day of reckoning is near. Hence, they want to be right with their allah. That's a stark contrast with the west, where religion is dying.
Its all human creation.. All fakes!

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Author belongs to a sad minority. I am afraid that you will be unable to turn the table around. You must understand that majority of your people are retard (low IQ). I have been saying it for the longest time ... these people mixed up culture and religion. Songkok is a cultural head dress, but I see many Inmans wearing turban instead. You mean your forefather is not a good muslim if he wears a Songkok?

Actually I pity these confused lot. I don't see any future in them.

Look at the West or the East ... They knew the line between culture and religion. In Singapore, have to admit that the Chinks are the sensible ones ... regardless if fellow Chink is a Christian or Buddhist or Taoist or others .... bthey still celebrate Chinese New Year, Moon Cake Festival etc... Because they understand it is their culture and not religion.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indian muslim in Singapore are considered as Malay
However Malay non muslim in Singapore are considered as rubbish.
go figure it out

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be a orang Melayu, there are 3 defining characteristics.
Islam
Bahasa Melayu
Customs

Thus the Riz Rashid is not only a retard Murtad, he is also not orang Melayu.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Songkok is a cultural head dress, but I see many Inmans wearing turban instead. You mean your forefather is not a good muslim if he wears a Songkok?
Chinese politicians in jiu hu die die refuse to wear songkok for official engagement thinking its synonymous with islam and fear of losing votes.