• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg Reddit] - "The Malay’s Muslim struggle"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I just had this experience at an Indian coffee shop in Geylang. FYI, I understand Bahasa Melayu.

Had this Malay “religious” dude site next to me and he started asking me if I knew religion. Before I could say anything, a Malay abang (bro) stopped him and told him not to bother me in Bahasa.

Next thing you know, this religious dude starts blasting abang with his diatribe about how he’s going against Islam by denying him the chance to preach, the world is full of Iblis and Syaitan (demons and the devil) etc etc. This went on for a full 5 minutes and even continued after abang picked up and left.

The least I could do was thank abang for speaking out on my behalf but man was his day ruined by this religious bro. If you’re reading this, thank you again, I never got your name.

I’m wondering, if this is a quiet struggle that moderate Malays face; being silenced by your own?

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/svyqt9/the_malays_muslim_struggle/

level 1
syanda

·2 hr. ago

Lao Jiao
A lotta religions in Singapore experience the same, but honestly? Muslims have it the hardest because Islam is tied so deeply into the Malay identity.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 2
helzinki

·1 hr. ago

is a rat bastard.
At least us muslims are not in Malaysia where its a big game of spiderman pointing at spiderman accusing each other of not being muslim enough. Muslims here, aside for the very small vocal few, mind their own business.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 3
_IsNull

·1 hr. ago

r/malaysia got a lot of reported cases about that.
https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...ang-islamic-councils-show-proof-she-c/2041967
also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Ah_Kiu
there was a case when a Malay girl was adopted by a Buddhist family pre-independent, she was raised Buddhist, they refused to change her religion in IC, even the head of the Negeri Sembilan Religious Affairs Department came to her house and fought to collect her dead body when she died, IIRC the high court put a stop to this, however, they insisted forcefully to take her body, and appealed to the court which got thrown out. The family finally managed to bury her in Buddhist rite.
Nonetheless, many muslims in Malaysia were angered, and claim that Malaysia is becoming less islamic because they failed to bury her body the muslim way.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 4
thisis4investing

·14 min. ago

level 4
jacksh2t

·7 min. ago

I think for this, Islam and Catholic children are already baptised as a baby so it’s impossible for them to be raised as a Buddhist. Their children do not choose their religion. It is chosen for them.
Vote
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 3
redryder74

·40 min. ago

Lao Jiao
Story related to me by a Chinese Malaysian. He experienced in a supermarket checkout where the Malay cashier refused to even touch a can of pork luncheon meat.
Vote
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 4
sec5

·18 min. ago

Here in Brunei, we cant even put that can of luncheon meat in the same trolley or on the same checkout counter. It has its own checkout counter, with its own trolleys.
Once the item is scanned, its put in a black back as if contraband. Even seeing it is offensive to the malay-muslims.
AMA.
Vote
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 5
AureBesh123

·10 min. ago

Has the full on Sharia mode been implemented? Have you guys started stoning gays already? And what do young Bruneians think of it?
Seems like your sultan's idea of post oil plan is to double down on Arabisation
Vote
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 6
sec5

·5 min. ago

Officially yes, but the country received such a huge backlash from it internationally with celebs like george clooney launching a boycott of Bruneian investments and properties overseas that the Sultan (also PM - lol and u guys think one party PAP and Lee dynasty is bad) came out and said that the laws are defacto unused, and the whole thing has been brushed aside.
Sharia law is defunct not in use. We use civil law instead. Recently the Religious minister's son & daughter in law have been prosecuted and now sit in jail for a 15 million sgd/bnd embezzlement , essentially stealing public funds, to live the high like in UK with fast cars and super homes.
We are doubling down on Oil and Gas instead, with everyones BFF China recently taking an island and building a refinery there. The islam thing was deeply unpopular and we have took a step away from it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/svyqt9/the_malays_muslim_struggle/

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
0*d5q7dmHgAITSrJQb.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is used to oppress, suppress, subjugate and persecute. Nothing more.
You can say the same thing with ideology like communism, nationsliam, race supremacy.
They are all the same in different packages.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is used to oppress, suppress, subjugate and persecute. Nothing more.
You can say the same thing with ideology like communism, nationsliam, race supremacy.
They are all the same in different packages.

No all religions like that. aninism is peaceful but no believer claims it is peaceful .