• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG really losing out to tiongland liao! Haidilao replaces its staff with robots in first test outlet!!!!!

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
S3mO7QF.png

You might not see a human face other than your dining partner at this hotpot restaurant, as Haidilao opens its first fully automated branch with robots doing all the work.

The popular Chinese chain has teamed up with Japanese technology giant Panasonic for a restaurant in Beijing where robots take orders, prepare, and deliver your dishes.

I8PBLNN.png

Launched on October 28, the restaurant attaches a radio frequency identification (RFID) to each item, which tells a robotic arm what to pick out when a dish is selected. A robot waiter then wheels the dish over to the table for customers to cook in the pot. The system also allows customers to personalize their soup base precisely and remembers their preference when they come into the restaurant again.

More at Hotpot restaurant Haidilao replaces its staff with robots

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao bo, the robots look like assholes!

I look at the computer everyday for 8 hours, and still talk to a robot to take my orders after work? This is the beginning of the end for humanity!

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i go to a restaurant after a long day's work, i wanna look at cute waitresses... look at robots for what sia? Go hooters is the best...

jw5

Loyal
It sounds like you have not been to the Sinkieland branch of Hooters. :biggrin:

When i go to a restaurant after a long day's work, i wanna look at cute waitresses... look at robots for what sia? Go hooters is the best...