• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG primary schools take in PRC kids to win medals in table tennis

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]SG primary schools take in PRC kids to win medals in table tennis[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
August 3rd, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

tt.png

My two boys started playing table tennis at 9 and they represented the school team throughout the primary.

Unfortunately, instead of grooming these young Singapore Talent, all Primary schools start taking in PRC children and replace them. My boys were demotivated as in every tournaments, they became only by-standers as reserves and the inter-school competitions were actually between PRC boys.

We persisted and continued to counsel my children. We spent a lot of money engaging outside coaching by PRCs to ensure my two children would continue to play in the school team. It was pretty painful to see that they were often ‘bullied’ by better players who were almost always from PRC. They often returned home asking the question why they should continue as they felt they didn’t belong.

Eventually, they finished primary school but they no longer wanted to play table tennis for their secondary school. I feel although they are talented but having all PRC players in Singapore school tournaments doesn’t help promoting the sport.

The goal for school is only to win medals and likewise, this is happening at national level. I am not against having Foreign recruit but we should moderate our approach. In the short term, we win medals but it is not good for the long term sport developments in Singapore. We should spend more money in engaging good foreign coaches and promoting the local sport environment and culture.
=> Sounds like the 60.1% Gong Kia who will vote for the FAP Traitors after KPKB. What do you think?

YWM

* Comment first appeared in: 8 out of 10 S’poreans polled not proud of medal won by China-born Feng Tianwei
rw.loader.gif

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our govt can do that and get results, the schools will follow suit. Success can be bought...Their children are just not good enough. It is happening in the EPL, that's why England would never have a good World cup team. Anyway, England plays lousy soccer. If the parents really want their children to excel in Table Tennis , they should send their children to China for full time training. Are singapore parents willing to make the sacrifices.....................anyone want to place a bet.............

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should not even bother to hire a coach for his kids,,waste time and money,,,PAP dont support sinkies,,what u want to do? and furthermore he hire a PRC coach,,,dumbass..

but looking at sports in generals, countries normally hire foreign coaches to train their national teams so that local talent can be developed,,,but Sinkieland just mass import,,,thanks to the 60.1%,,Sinkies deserved to be treated with contempt as they ask for it by voting PAP all the time...

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the 9 years old PRC kids are in schools and good,there is no reason for the schools not to select them,if they start so young,we should not oppose.That is competition.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see nothing wrong with it.
It's PAP policy.

Sad but true. Everyone is out to take short cuts, the govt does it at the highest level, the school is just following suit.

Then again, chances are when it comes to the crunch these same parents would gladly get their children to give up on the sport and concentrate on their studies.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what you will get for letting world war 2 traitor LKY to run the country. He will sell you out for his own surivival.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then again, chances are when it comes to the crunch these same parents would gladly get their children to give up on the sport and concentrate on their studies.

Yes, our children should study and upgrade themselves to the highest level.

But dont be too confident in landing a secure job here. I am very pessimistic.

Look elsewhere. Cos this tiny red dot favours FT than local breed!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our govt can do that and get results, the schools will follow suit. Success can be bought...Their children are just not good enough. It is happening in the EPL, that's why England would never have a good World cup team. Anyway, England plays lousy soccer. If the parents really want their children to excel in Table Tennis , they should send their children to China for full time training. Are singapore parents willing to make the sacrifices.....................anyone want to place a bet.............

This is primary school table tennis you twit!
It's Inter school competition; what the hell go to china to train/england soccer team etc.... are u taking about.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the 9 years old PRC kids are in schools and good,there is no reason for the schools not to select them,if they start so young,we should not oppose.That is competition.

The authors assertion is that PRC kids were given places in the school(recruited from china) based on their table tennis skills and hence ended up playing for the school.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do an across the board ban on schools recruiting overseas athletes cos locals cannot compete w foreigners. At the end of the day as long as we don't need to compete with other countries, it's ok

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's face it: Singaporeans have no talent. Wtf are Sinkies good at? Sports? Music? Sciences? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The talents of Singaporeans aren't restricted to water sports. I've been reliably informed that Singaporeans are a rather down-to-Earth lot. :rolleyes:

well, there's long jump, synchronized with train arrival. there's also high jump, with no matress for cushion. a lot of golden opportunities on the roadmap. :o