• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Oppositions, please learn from Taiwan DPP

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The future is better for DPP to rule Taiwan and KMT become the main oppositions.

Taiwanese people do not want to see KMT lose Taiwan Islands to CCP again.

CCP is more than willing to leave Taiwan politics alone if their reunify with China, just like the 50 years no change policy on Hong kong, which is working well in the SAR.

by the way I am pro unification.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, I reckon the rot start way before that. After the overthrow of the Qing dynasty and facing a fragmented China ruled by various warlords....

Without Yalta betrayal of the Chinese Nationalists, the Chinese Communists would never pour into Manchuria so easily with Russian assistance and rebuilt her armed forces there which would be strong enough to challenge KMT armies in 1947.

I can't deny KMT in China was corrupt, cruel and inefficient. But the reasons why KMT lost China were very complicated and part of an international conspiracy to turn China Communist. There were the Russians massive aids to CCP, Marshall dupe mission and American arms embargo that eventually sealed the fate of KMT military defeat in China.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Bian won on 39.3% of the valid votes in 2000 :biggrin:

Bian Ge elections very heng.
win 1994 Taipei City mayor election with 35%+ votes ( 2 Blues candidates split KMT 60%+ votes ), win 2000 presidential election same way again, 2004 presidential election win 50.1% votes with that weird bullet incident. Even his 1998 mayor election defeat was good fortune otherwise he can't run for presidency in 2000.

I actually like Bian too. he super talk cock, very funny. :biggrin:

but he's quite suai now, maybe used up all good luck for his lifetime already. :o

jw5

Loyal
Well on the good side DPP did help the Taiwanese people on certain extent that they do not get marginalized by KMT-CCP combinations.

Singaporeans should also learn from Taiwanese people in Kaohsiung City. The Kaohsiung people not only voted a DPP major to run the city & also voted in Chen Zhi Zhong (Ah Bian' son) as city councillor despite his corrupted scandals & been jailed before. Chen run the election as an independent too :biggrin:

Chen Zhi Zhong has never been jailed before. He has also never been detained despite being questioned several times over the corruption and money laundering scandals.

jw5

Loyal

but he's quite suai now, maybe used up all good luck for his lifetime already. :o

I like Bian too, much more than the goblin Frank and his running mate and potential future president botak chiong (3X). :biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Zhi Zhong has never been jailed before. He has also never been detained despite being questioned several times over the corruption and money laundering scandals.

really :confused: I heard he cannot run under DPP banners because he got jailed before ??

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like Bian too, much more than the goblin Frank and his running mate and potential future president botak chiong (3X). :biggrin:

I love Ah Bian too... he alway speak Fujian dialect to differentiate himself as Taiwan President from those mainland CCP chairmen or premiers.

Ah Bian alway made those so-called mainland CCP leaders vomit blood during his terms as Taiwan President :biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCP is more than willing to leave Taiwan politics alone if their reunify with China, just like the 50 years no change policy on Hong kong, which is working well in the SAR.

by the way I am pro unification.

In my personal opinion, Taiwan is different from Hong Kong. Traditionally Taiwan is an enemy of CCP while Hong Kong is not. And CCP do not want to recognise Taiwan ROC President because once unification CCP chairman want to be the head of everything.

Regardless whether a DPP President or KMT President, he will still consider himself as president of China.

If unification, then CPP would not want to see a Taiwan President been elected by Taiwanese people. Maybe only Li Fa Yuan can exist.

jw5

Loyal
really :confused: I heard he cannot run under DPP banners because he got jailed before ??

No, his father left the party, so he left the party and stood as an independent.
Some DPP members have been jailed before, like Chen Ju and Ah Bian, for political reasons.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, his father left the party, so he left the party and stood as an independent.
Some DPP members have been jailed before, like Chen Ju and Ah Bian, for political reasons.

The father got to leave the party or will drag the DPP into water. But crtics were very unhappy with DPP's stance in not making an open condemnation on Ah Bian, which somehow indirectly sends a message that DPP is wishy-washy in doing the right thing, especially when all along it advocates ddemocracy and anti-corruption. Ah Bian and Family is a symbol of corruption, with hard evidence nailing them down. I think Taiwanese are so forgiving by letting the son Chen Zhi Zhong off when his parents are already sentenced to jail. Chen Zhi Zhong has history of telling lies without batting an eyelids. It was shown when police were gathering evidence to charge his parents. He tried to use his knowledge in law to play legal games with investigators with the intention of helping the parents get off hook but his ploy was seen through. Good luck to people who support and bring him back to office. Recent scandal about him was calling chicken and still lied about it. Police got CCTV footage and again evidence found his story did not corroborate with the evidence. Since this is not a criminal offence, the investigation stopped without further charges. This is Taiwan politics. It can be more happening than CSI.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
The father got to leave the party or will drag the DPP into water. But crtics were very unhappy with DPP's stance in not making an open condemnation on Ah Bian, which somehow indirectly sends a message that DPP is wishy-washy in doing the right thing, especially when all along it advocates ddemocracy and anti-corruption. Ah Bian and Family is a symbol of corruption, with hard evidence nailing them down. I think Taiwanese are so forgiving by letting the son Chen Zhi Zhong off when his parents are already sentenced to jail. Chen Zhi Zhong has history of telling lies without batting an eyelids. It was shown when police were gathering evidence to charge his parents. He tried to use his knowledge in law to play legal games with investigators with the intention of helping the parents get off hook but his ploy was seen through. Good luck to people who support and bring him back to office. Recent scandal about him was calling chicken and still lied about it. Police got CCTV footage and again evidence found his story did not corroborate with the evidence. Since this is not a criminal offence, the investigation stopped without further charges. This is Taiwan politics. It can be more happening than CSI.

Just consider that his father has "taken it" on his behalf if justice has not been served on Ah Bian Junior.
And the voters will have to "take it" if in future, he screws around with their resources.
Some of these Taiwanese voters can be as simplistic and silly as the Singkie ones.

As for him calling chicken, just consider that his wife, who would know better than anyone else what he did, would be staring at him every night while he sleeps. :biggrin:
Apparently, it was revealed in court that he received a call from his wife while trying to call his pimp on another mobile phone. The nature of both conversations were revealed, hence she knows best! :biggrin:

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPP broke the monopoly rule by KMT due to "inside job" ie Lee Teng Hui. This is extremely difficult even if LKY is not around. eg. a young and ambitious chap join the civil service with the intention of breaking the PAP's monopoly to create history. What happens after he joins? The amount of money they throw at him is enough to make him cross over to the dark side.

Hence the only feasible way is to influence the population towards a change of mind set. The new generation needs to be convinced that the dominance of PAP needs to be broken. Opposition needs to present itself as classy, intelligent and articulate. I say those jialat jialat type please have some self-awareness and stay away from public spectacle. Don't bash the moderates like CST and LTK... at least they command enough respect. Imagine if you have 20 LTKs and Sylvia Lim's type... the opposition's image will be uplifted and will attract new talent.

Actually after they lost Cheng San that year, i almost gave up hope there will ever be opposition as strong as that. But to my surprise there are always new blood who are willing to jump in... i salute these people.