• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Oppositions, please learn from Taiwan DPP

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPP formed in 1986 in Taiwan and its ended a one party dominance of KMT in 2000 when Ah Bian won the President election and also DPP won 87 seats in Legislative Yuan in 2001 legislative elections higher than KMT 68 seats.

SG Opposition parties should learn from them :p

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPP formed in 1986 in Taiwan and its ended a one party dominance of KMT in 2000 when Ah Bian won the President election and also DPP won 87 seats in Legislative Yuan in 2001 legislative elections higher than KMT 68 seats.

Yeah , we have one import from ROC with the surname Chen...may be he has some tricks up his sleeve.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think learning from DPP /Ah Bian is a negative example. DPP won after the people of Taiwan could no longer tolerate black gold politics that have plagued the ruling KMT for decades. But Ah Bian betrayed the trust and mandate given to him by the the people and became greedy. If you follow Taiwan news closely, Ah Bian and family operated one of the most sophisticated money laundering network amounting to millions of dollars in the history of Taiwan. Ah Bian is rubbing prison poles now and his wife is also serving jail sentence , but due to medical problems could be serving sentence at home. His bluddy son, Chen Zhi zhong, a double Masters degree holder, one of which was law, was believed to be the CEO behind the whole money laundering business as he is the only who could speak english proficiently. This spoilt brat flew many times overseas to set up dummy companies as part of the laundering network to clean the dirty monies from corporate businessmen.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think learning from DPP /Ah Bian is a negative example. DPP won after the people of Taiwan could no longer tolerate black gold politics that have plagued the ruling KMT for decades. But Ah Bian betrayed the trust and mandate given to him by the the people and became greedy. If you follow Taiwan news closely, Ah Bian and family operated one of the most sophisticated money laundering network amounting to millions of dollars in the history of Taiwan. Ah Bian is rubbing prison poles now and his wife is also serving jail sentence , but due to medical problems could be serving sentence at home. His bluddy son, Chen Zhi zhong, a double Masters degree holder, one of which was law, was believed to be the CEO behind the whole money laundering business as he is the only who could speak english proficiently. This spoilt brat flew many times overseas to set up dummy companies as part of the laundering network to clean the dirty monies from corporate businessmen.

Of course SG Oppositions can learn good things done by Taiwan DPP :biggrin: forget about the bad things

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should just learn from Matland opposition. Stop bickering for 5s to form an effective coalition and compete against the ruling party. Sure they are a mess and went back to their bickering ways after the election, but hey, at least they gave them a good run for their money

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SG oppositions need their Lee Teng Hui to subvert pap power from within in order to have a chance to topple pap. :wink:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should just learn from Matland opposition. Stop bickering for 5s to form an effective coalition and compete against the ruling party. Sure they are a mess and went back to their bickering ways after the election, but hey, at least they gave them a good run for their money

BN went panicked after losing two-thirdths majority in 2008 that somehow stablised the petrol or oil prices that years after strong protesting by opposition supporters :p

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BN went panicked after losing two-thirdths majority in 2008 that somehow stablised the petrol or oil prices that years after strong protesting by opposition supporters :p

I was in Ipoh back in Feb and my colleagues were telling me some really funny stories. Apparently immediately after Perak(Ipoh is the capital) was loss to the opposition, they barred the opposition from entering the state assembly. Reason being they were trying to cover their asses and burn all the account books. When the opposition took over the place was a mess. They somehow found some of the evidence in a old forgotten part of the place. That's where all the funny stuff about how a hammer can cost $1000 comes from

When Perak was ruled by BN, it apparently loss money every year, the first year the opposition took over, immediately have a surplus of 1 million bucks

BN retook Perak by bribing some of the opposition to switch parties. The pple in Ipoh went to the houses of this jokers and tried to thrash the place. Apparently someone dug up evidence of some Chinese female MP who took the bribe did it because her family member owe some pple a lot of money. I don't think she dare show her face in public anymore

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG oppositions need their Lee Teng Hui to subvert pap power from within in order to have a chance to topple pap. :wink:

Well on the good side DPP did help the Taiwanese people on certain extent that they do not get marginalized by KMT-CCP combinations.

Singaporeans should also learn from Taiwanese people in Kaohsiung City. The Kaohsiung people not only voted a DPP major to run the city & also voted in Chen Zhi Zhong (Ah Bian' son) as city councillor despite his corrupted scandals & been jailed before. Chen run the election as an independent too :biggrin:

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in Ipoh back in Feb and my colleagues were telling me some really funny stories. Apparently immediately after Perak(Ipoh is the capital) was loss to the opposition, they barred the opposition from entering the state assembly. Reason being they were trying to cover their asses and burn all the account books. When the opposition took over the place was a mess. They somehow found some of the evidence in a old forgotten part of the place. That's where all the funny stuff about how a hammer can cost $1000 comes from

When Perak was ruled by BN, it apparently loss money every year, the first year the opposition took over, immediately have a surplus of 1 million bucks

BN retook Perak by bribing some of the opposition to switch parties. The pple in Ipoh went to the houses of this jokers and tried to thrash the place. Apparently someone dug up evidence of some Chinese female MP who took the bribe did it because her family member owe some pple a lot of money. I don't think she dare show her face in public anymore

Your example of how a hammer can cost $1000 comes from happened very often in mainland China. Now Malaysian & Taiwanese people know that its better have a 2 party system to serve as a check & balance and they given a choice to vote for their MP to represent in the Parliament unlike mainland Chinese. So in today worlds Malaysian & Taiwanese people will not think like mainland Chinese people.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The DPP before and after 2001 is very different. Ah bian was a model anti-KMT people's hero. He was a poor southerner who worked hard to become a lawyer and politician. Back then DPP also had powerful backers like Sissy chen and the boss of Evergreen, one of the biggest container shipping companies in the world.

He brought the downfall upon himself by being too greedy too soon. Within the first term, his corruption already pissed off many former supporters who quickly jumped ship. The fake shooting incident made it worse for him.

I guess if you are poor you will always be poor.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
The DPP before and after 2001 is very different. Ah bian was a model anti-KMT people's hero. He was a poor southerner who worked hard to become a lawyer and politician. Back then DPP also had powerful backers like Sissy chen and the boss of Evergreen, one of the biggest container shipping companies in the world.

He brought the downfall upon himself by being too greedy too soon. Within the first term, his corruption already pissed off many former supporters who quickly jumped ship. The fake shooting incident made it worse for him.

I guess if you are poor you will always be poor.

I disagreed with you on the shooting incident & poor people are poor forever.

If the pro-rich KMT is any better, then the Taiwanese will not keeping voting for DPP.

Ah Bian is also a model of pro-independence & more importantly anti-CCP hero that why Taiwanese believe in him & DPP too :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If the pro-rich KMT is any better, then the Taiwanese will not keeping voting for DPP.

Ah Bian is also a model of pro-independence & more importantly anti-CCP hero that why Taiwanese believe in him & DPP too :biggrin:
==

none of the parties are good enuff for Taiwan i reckon.

KMT has a long history of being corrupt, cruel and inefficient. Otherwise they will be ruling China today and not Taiwan.

DPP is just playing the independancy agenda for sake of doing so. And they know, the future ahead is to link up with China and the world - theres no other way. But becos they are so stuck in their anti-China agenda, they cannot get out of this shit. And they cannot come out now to say, sorry I wanna U-turn. SO, they die die have to stick with pro-independance and even if certain policies are not right, they will press ahead.

DPP's reputation has been damaged severly with Ah Bian's corruption and till today, despite the fanatic believers down south, DPP has lost their charm. In the last provincial elections, they spanked KMT somewhat because of KMT's inability to bail them out of economic crisis.

By and large, both parties have their flaws. Taiwanese politics is still ruled by corruption regardless whether the Avatars or Shreks are in power.

Taiwan need a new party that is pro-China and appear clean.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok i was being tongue in cheek about the poor people part. But in 2001, it was very messy going into the election. Ex-KMT breakaway James song was the front runner with KMT leading up to polling day. But the sly national traitor Lee teng hui used his influence at the last minute to spring a surprise result for everyone. Ah bian beat both to become president.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok i was being tongue in cheek about the poor people part. But in 2001, it was very messy going into the election. Ex-KMT breakaway James song was the front runner with KMT leading up to polling day. But the sly national traitor Lee teng hui used his influence at the last minute to spring a surprise result for everyone. Ah bian beat both to become president.

Ah Bian won on 39.3% of the valid votes in 2000 :biggrin:

Poor KMT :( they lost mainland China to CCP in 1949 and also lost Taiwan to DPP in 2000

Under KMT, ROC is not recognised internationally :(