• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Mark Lee says a gangster apologized to him for another gangster scolding him "Don't be arrogant just becoz u're an artiste!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
6423_marklee_insta.jpg

Mark Lee shared an encounter with gangsters in Geylang.
Instagram/Mark Lee

You may have heard of honour among thieves, but how about courtesy from gangsters?

In an E-Junkies interview with AsiaOne for the new local movie Geylang, Mark Lee shared an encounter with two very different gangsters while out eating at the titular location.

"There were two gangsters eating and drinking," the 54-year-old veteran actor recalled. "One of them pointed at me and said in Hokkien, 'Don't be arrogant because you're an artiste', while also throwing a lot of vulgarities at me."

Mark shared that he kept quiet and continued eating his frog porridge because he felt like there was nothing he could do about it, but then something unexpected happened.

"The other guy tried to ask him to calm down, and at the same time also scolded him," Mark revealed.

The gangster reasoned with the aggressor that Mark wasn't doing anything and was just sitting there eating porridge, Mark said.

He added: "At the time I felt like that wasn't too bad. It wasn't two against one, it was one positive and one negative.

"After that, the guy that scolded me just kept quiet, and when they walked away, the positive guy [apologised to me]."

In the movie, Mark plays Fatty, a pimp that operates a brothel in Geylang. However, his earnings aren't quite enough to cover his debt, and he ends up embroiled in a struggle over love, power and money with other inhabitants of the red-light district.

While some may view Geylang and the people in it as unsavoury or ill-natured, Mark also opined that that's not the full story.

"I think in Geylang we also meet some of the good people, even some of the gangsters — I believe everyone needs respect… You just need to say 'Hello', 'Have you eaten?', 'Drink alcohol?', and they'll be happy."

He added: "I believe that if you respect them, they will respect you. So don't try to ya-ya-papaya (be arrogant) — they won't care. For the people there, as long as you respect them, they will be nice to you."

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainme...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1680838495

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gangsters in Singapore? Pls don't make me laugh. Probably a couple of old farts had a bit too much to drink and start to cry father cry mother.

The biggest gangster in Singapore is the one who makes u pay and pay and still thank them!