• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Geylang serai pasar malam : 2 Kebab vendors each paid $24k monthly rent, both were promised each would be the only Kebab vendor there!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20230324306104805eefc1ce-c053-4b0d-8066-9f4130335cdc_0.jpg

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/s...ition-first-geylang-serai-ramadan-bazaar-2019

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not just go across the causeway and and enjoy your strong SGD ? Why need to put up with such rental seeking mentality ?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a place where the money you can earn reflects your competency , why are they complaining?
Just look at the ministers salary and you know who set the example,

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
$24k to rent a tent without aircon and face hundreds of food stalls competing against you? Lol only someone poor in math can agree to such an absurd term

CE0067BC-A31C-420C-8618-8B28A8689487.jpeg

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore thinks easy business big profit money. No wonder rental boss laughing to their bank. Tenant maybe crying or customer crying over high prices etc.. Do we have so many customers .Chinese? Malays ? Indians? Foreigners???

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only winners on this game are the organizers who collect the rent. I wonder how I can get my filthy hands on such an easy money making machine.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top of pyramid. Easy to earn money.
Like the bond sellers tell you their own credit rating for their bond is AAA and AA ol

But in reality it's unrated by any official agency and this bond is not garuanted at all.

It's a con job

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genuine questions for those familiar with hawker or pasar malam business. How does this add up? I mean at 15k a month, we are talking at 500per day just to cover rental. If include food and staff cost, one day sell at least $1000 per day. Am i missing some calculation here? They must have done their math and are confident of making money. with item pricing just $1-$2 , they have so much volume to move?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL $24k monthly rental for a pasar malam stall. Bloodsuckers continue to bloodsuck. :biggrin:

Now you know why they wouldn't let peasants sell their homemade pastries at a void deck. :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other stall holders also said they have had to face high rents and had received promises by organisers to be the exclusive sellers of a certain food type in a tent.

The other kebab seller in the tent, The Botak BBQ & Grill, was also quoted rental of $24,000 and also told verbally that there would be no other kebab seller there.
There's your problem. Not written in contract means not counted.. What people tell you verbally means jack shit