• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - George Yeo new book: After GE 2011, LKY offered to give up his Tg Pagar seat to GY. GY offered to run in 2011 Presidential Election against TCB

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20230814_bk_george_yeo_1a.jpg

“Watching the publicity I was getting, my mother, before she died, warned me that while Lee Kuan Yew had an affection for me, I should never compete with his son in politics,” wrote Mr Yeo in the book.

"Two chapters in the book were devoted to Mr Lee, containing revelations such as how at one point after GE 2011, Mr Lee offered to give up his Tanjong Pagar seat and allow Mr Yeo to reenter the Cabinet through a by-election."

"But this decision became unnecessary after PM Lee Hsien Loong told Mr Yeo that he was one of a few who could beat Dr Tan Cheng Bock who was the presidential hopeful in the 2011 Presidential Election. Mr Yeo offered to run should he be needed as a "spare tyre in an emergency", though this also did not materialise."

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/george-yeo-tension-lee-kuan-yew-quit-pap-aljunied-grc-2233221

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY will choose big tall men as his potential successor. The size hopefully will intimidate opponents during discussion.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
20230814_bk_george_yeo_1a.jpg

“Watching the publicity I was getting, my mother, before she died, warned me that while Lee Kuan Yew had an affection for me, I should never compete with his son in politics,” wrote Mr Yeo in the book.

"Two chapters in the book were devoted to Mr Lee, containing revelations such as how at one point after GE 2011, Mr Lee offered to give up his Tanjong Pagar seat and allow Mr Yeo to reenter the Cabinet through a by-election."

"But this decision became unnecessary after PM Lee Hsien Loong told Mr Yeo that he was one of a few who could beat Dr Tan Cheng Bock who was the presidential hopeful in the 2011 Presidential Election. Mr Yeo offered to run should he be needed as a "spare tyre in an emergency", though this also did not materialise."

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/george-yeo-tension-lee-kuan-yew-quit-pap-aljunied-grc-2233221

Is he trying to say he is better than pinky ?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer George Goh, his speech and logic is very sound and more caring for simple man like moi

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Monday, Mr Goh said he does not know Mr Tan "very well". When asked about Mr Tan's remarks, Mr Goh said: "I don’t think this should be the way."

Every candidate who comes forward "must be genuine", Mr Goh told reporters after a dialogue session with a group of youths at Bisoux cafe.

“If you decide to come forward, you put your plan, you put your campaign, you put all effort into it, then people will know you genuinely want to serve the nation. I think all candidates should have the same attitude," he said.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been questions about whether Mr Goh, founder of Harvey Norman Ossia, will meet the eligibility criteria.

At a press conference on Aug 4 to launch his bid, he said he has a group of five companies with a combined shareholders’ equity of S$1.521 billion (US$1.12 billion) over three years, and reiterated that he is confident of qualifying under the private sector "deliberative track".

Mr Goh and Mr Tan are two of four presidential hopefuls who have expressed their intention to contest the upcoming Presidential Election. The other two are former Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and former GIC chief investment officer Ng Kok Song.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been questions about whether Mr Goh, founder of Harvey Norman Ossia, will meet the eligibility criteria.

At a press conference on Aug 4 to launch his bid, he said he has a group of five companies with a combined shareholders’ equity of S$1.521 billion (US$1.12 billion) over three years, and reiterated that he is confident of qualifying under the private sector "deliberative track".
GG's combined shareholders' equity of S$1.5 billion will have to be divided by 5, and on average it's S$300 million of "a" company.

If none of the 5 companies has more than S$500 million, he is ineligible.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKy will pick only tall ones to be a leader. It's a psychological thing. Can discuss with any moh on same level.
Similarly, china followed suit with xi Jinping.