• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - EDMWer kena chased out of Kimly kopitiam because...

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

seesiang :​

I was at one of the Kimly coffeeshop at Teck whye.

The Kimly coffeeshop has an unique design, as it is back-to-back to another coffeeshop (another coffeeshop is simply just beside to Kimly coffeeshop.

I ordered food from Kimly coffeeshop, and I ordered drinks from another coffeeshop.

Kimly coffeeshop simply throw us out of their coffeeshop and said that the next coffeeshop will accept us.

I did some research and the information are as follow:

For "Considerations for Property Use", under "Food & Beverage", coffee shop can be found there.

Urban Redevelopment Authority

www.ura.gov.sg
www.ura.gov.sg

For "Privately-Owned Public Spaces (POPS)", under "Outdoor Refreshment Area within POPS", there is a description about "Food & Beverage (F&B)".

From URA, it is showing as "common property" and it has the guideline of "Must be open to the public at all times".

The question is, I was with my wife (7 month pregnant) and she has preference for iced drinks but due to having baby, she is losing calcium fast and she often will have sharp pain on her gums / teeth. Having a straw will help as compare to drink from cup where the ice cube will hit the teeth / gums directly.

If you are me, and you are being throw out because Kimly coffeeshop refused to issue you straw and refused to let you dine at their coffeeshop after you purchase their food just because you bought drinks from another kopitiam, what will you do (as they had at least 4 staffs yelling at us and chasing us away on the spot)?

seesiang :​

Talking about these, there was once I had confronted Kimly coffeeshop.

I saw other races had the kimly plastic cup and issued a straw. I asked for straw and their staffs acted blur.

For health issue, should there be lee-way for it?

This is the triggering point for me.

no straw given to my race.

MoeLanYong :​

What is this race thing about??

qhong61 :​

Guess not halal cup

eflash :​

Why need to play race card here?
Could have just put... No straw given to "me", since you don't represent your entire race.
"Other races" may be doing takeaway, paid extra hence plastic cup and straw... <- we are all Singaporeans, you really want to use race to divide people?
Then find somewhere else to eat? Park?
Don't use pregnant wife as excuse for self entitlement. I'm also pregnant, never ask staff to bend to my request (request is one thing, I won't demand... If rejected so be it).

maosaikopi :​

Since chiu have preggy wife, 好漢不吃眼前虧

Moi will send her home safely, call up 5 of my most dua jiak and pai kia buddies all go order food from kimly and beer from the other side, sit at kimly and stare at the staff

Want play how big, they decide

eflash :​

Then you're just being unreasonable, trying to create trouble... Such poor advice.

MoeLanYong :​

Chiu wrong. The Kimly staff are all lao unkers and lao aunties. Pai kia won't hit old people de. They have a bro code to respect old folks de.

maosaikopi :​

my side outlet all guailan jhk, jhb...