• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Cockatoo in Bird Paradise bites teenage SYT girl’s ear causing profuse bleeding requiring hospitalization

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1686419942194.jpeg

Cockatoo in Bird Paradise bites teenage girl’s ear​

SINGAPORE - A family’s first trip to Bird Paradise turned sour on Friday morning after a cockatoo from the park bit the ear of a 13-year-old girl, the latest in a string of fowl play at the new attraction.

Housewife Serene Chen told The Straits Times on Saturday that her daughter was photographing the sulphur-crested cockatoo in the Australian Outback aviary, just 15 minutes after the park had opened.

As the girl turned away, the bird flew onto her shoulder and started biting her ear, said Madam Chen, who was walking some distance behind with her husband and 11-year-old son.

The 42-year-old said: “Immediately, we ran to save her and I told her not to move. The bird was biting very fast and I used my middle finger to stop it from biting her. And then my husband pushed the bird away.”

By then, the girl’s ear was bleeding profusely and the family approached a cleaner for help as there were no rangers in sight, Madam Chen said.

Photos of the Secondary 1 student’s injuries show several puncture wounds on the her ear.

Madam Chen said it took between 15 minutes and 20 minutes for more staff to arrive after her husband and the cleaner alerted the park to the incident.

The staff helped render first aid and cleaned the wound on the girl, who remained calm, she added.

The family left for Khoo Teck Puat Hospital at about 10am to seek medical treatment.

Calling for more signage to warn visitors and more staff to be present in the walk-through aviaries, Madam Chen said: “It’s the June holidays so many parents will take their children to Bird Paradise.

“I hope to create better awareness so parents will watch out for their kids.”