• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG cheated of over $40k in e-mail scam

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SG cheated of over $40k in e-mail scam </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>CPL (kojakbt22) <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>5:17 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>25313.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Dec 4, 2009

Cheated of over $40k in e-mail scam

<!-- by line -->By Sujin Thomas
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
FREELANCE interpreter H. Ibrahim had heard many tales of people falling victim to Internet scams promising easy money.
Yet, when he received an e-mail in early March telling him he had won US$1.85 million (S$2.55 million), he fell for it.
The 63-year-old told The Straits Times: 'The scams I'd heard of were from places like Nigeria. This e-mail was sent from the UK and it looked genuine.'
The sender claimed to be from a London-based organisation called Euro-Million Lotto and asked for his personal details so he could collect his prize money.
He sent his address, mobile phone number, bank account details and age.
Next came repeated requests to send money so his prize could be 'released'.
Over the next two months, he sent $41,468.54 to bank accounts in London and Hong Kong, using savings from the sale of his five-room flat in Ang Mo Kio.
By May, there was nothing but silence from the other side. And no sign of his prize money. When the truth finally dawned on him, he made a police report. He shared his story yesterday, to help prevent others from being duped.
Mr Ibrahim, who is married with four grown children, said he is not tech-savvy and knows only how to send and receive e-mail. He does not know how to surf the Net, he said.
He said that for two months after the first contact, he received e-mail, calls and text messages from five people who said he had to send money in order to have his prize money 'released'. They claimed to be lawyers and bank staff and told him the money would cover administrative fees.
One even assured him in an e-mail: 'I am an honest man and I will not assist in defrauding anybody. Everything you have done is legitimate and please do not feel deceived.'
Mr Ibrahim said: 'I was convinced with his make-believe honesty, even though my wife told me it may be a scam.'
The biggest single sum he remitted was for $22,758.55. 'The sums they asked for were big, but I thought that my winnings were even bigger so I remitted it,' he said.
He lodged a report with the Commercial Affairs Department on May 6.
'My wife is upset, but she doesn't blame me,' he said. 'This is the first serious mistake I've made in my life.'
According to the latest police statistics, the number of online cheating cases reported over the years has remained consistent.
There were 64 cases last year, 54 cases in 2007 and 61 cases in both 2006 and 2005. No figures for this year were available.
IT trainer Sam Liu, who conducts courses teaching senior citizens how to use the Internet, has a warning for those unfamiliar with the online world: 'People won't send you money for nothing. Once you get roped in, these fraudsters will keep asking you for money.'
The 73-year-old retiree is a volunteer with RSVP Singapore, a non-profit organisation which provides community-based services to senior citizens.
He added: 'If you receive such an e-mail, it's best to call the banks mentioned and check with them before sending any money.'
A police spokesman said that in such scams, fraudsters persuade victims to make upfront payments, purportedly as tax or other forms of payment to administer the release of the promised prize money.
After getting the money, the fraudsters either conjure up more tales to extract further payments, or simply vanish.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>CPL (kojakbt22) <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>5:19 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(2 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>25313.2 in reply to 25313.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Dec 4, 2009

Watch out for this HK lucky draw scam

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
POLICE here have put out a warning against taking part in a 'lucky draw' purportedly organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board for its 30th anniversary.
In the scam, which has surfaced here in the last month, victims typically receive telephone calls telling them about a brochure that will come in the mail.
The brochure tells recipients they have won a chance at a 'Scratch and Win' lucky draw in which the top prize is HK$500,000 ($89,000).
As it happens, said the police statement, victims are led to believe they have landed the top prize when the scratch-off label on the brochure reveals the 'winning' code 'HK6888'.
The catch is that, to claim their cash prize, victims have to call a Hong Kong telephone number given in the brochure, upon which they are then told to pay various 'fees' in order to release their 'winnings'.
Victims realise they have been had when no prize money arrives, even after they make several payments of the fees to the bogus contest organisers.
Police say the Hong Kong Tourism Board does not conduct lottery advertising by telephone or mail.
Those who encounter such a scam should neither call the telephone number in the brochure nor remit money. They should instead call the police.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 1st question Encik Ibrahim should asked himself (and repent his sin of greed!!!) is "DID HE ENTER ANY EURO MILLION LOTTO TO BEGIN WITH?"
How bodoh can one get?
There's no free lunch in this worlds just as there's no free PRC women fuck. Im beginning to wonder if MM Lee's prophecy of Sinkie has inferior genes bears some truth to it now. Ironic.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees only have themselves to blame for having stupid, idiotic, & gullible genes!

Wonder why con artists in foreign lands love to target unsuspecting Sinkees?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I just can't believe what I'v read!

Singaporeans I think are the most gullible people in the world!!!

So many scams and so many con jobs in cyber-space and yet we are still so gullible...and so vulnerable.

I think it's all about GREED!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are a lot of Nigerian in London.

The 63-year-old told The Straits Times: 'The scams I'd heard of were from places like Nigeria. This e-mail was sent from the UK and it looked genuine.'
The sender claimed to be from a London-based organisation called Euro-Million Lotto and asked for his personal details so he could collect his prize money.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot of Nigerian in London.

There was once I play a game with sPAIN lOTTERY sCAM, They say I won850,000 euros, I need to pay admin fee 850.00 euros, I told them,
I hereby authorised you to deduct 20% of my winning for your commision and admin fee should be more than sufficient. They insisted that I must pay them in advance.

I email them again I authorised you to deduct 20% of my winning, I won't be running away, You got my money, please duduct as authorised> ding dong ding...I finally told them You think I was born yesterday? aRH!!! After I pay you 850 euros I will fooled by you! You idiot, got anymore Scam to try and fool me??

Lottery Scam!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was once I play a game with sPAIN lOTTERY sCAM, They say I won850,000 euros, I need to pay admin fee 850.00 euros, I told them,
I hereby authorised you to deduct 20% of my winning for your commision and admin fee should be more than sufficient. They insisted that I must pay them in advance.

I email them again I authorised you to deduct 20% of my winning, I won't be running away, You got my money, please duduct as authorised> ding dong ding...I finally told them You think I was born yesterday? aRH!!! After I pay you 850 euros I will fooled by you! You idiot, got anymore Scam to try and fool me??

Lottery Scam!!

i dun even bother to correspond to nigerian niggers

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees only have themselves to blame for having stupid, idiotic, & gullible genes!

Wonder why con artists in foreign lands love to target unsuspecting Sinkees?

They have been conditioned so much in SINgapore, where we have golden taps 'durex' , to Modern performing MONKey, & CPF in between, we have mediacorpse marketers, plying their sob stories, they GIVE!.

Bet you, if ET were to phone them from the resturant at the edge of the universe, saying that, its credit card expired, and need a top up ...Mat Bo Bin Doh, will happily transfer, not knowing that the money is heading for Muthisamy Jagamoney in Kokata....:biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After so many con stories, Singaporeans continue to allow themselves to be cheated and robbed in broad daylight!

I think many Singaporeans are very rich and they can be easily milked dry. That's why the China Meis Meis and the Nigerians are so successful!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's not foolish....he's simply greedy...

"A Greed and his money is soon parted"

Who else is greedy? Potential targets for con-sters...

The MILLION DOLLAR MEN? LOL!

That's why we lost $260 billions?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 1st question Encik Ibrahim should asked himself (and repent his sin of greed!!!) is "DID HE ENTER ANY EURO MILLION LOTTO TO BEGIN WITH?"
How bodoh can one get?

Thanks next time they change it to....

One of your relations entered the Million Dollar Lotto! :biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone noticed the email that was sent from ?

Either it is [email protected] or [email protected], or worst, [email protected] !!!

From a supposely reputable company giving away millions of $/EUR and email from freemail source !! How stupid can one get to think it is autentic and to response to it.

If one can strike lottery every week which I did not even participate in, all our MIW will be better off full-time claiming the winnings than every day crack their heads how to squeez the peasants.

GREED + STUPIDITY = Nigeria prosperity !!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
greed will kill even the good men and the best men...

more greed means more will be killed off....

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Kabiru Sanfo" <[email protected]>
To:
undisclosed-recipients

FROM MR KABIRU SANFO
The Head of File and Auditing Department,
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso (West Africa)

REMITTANCE OF US$10,5;MILLION
CONFIDENTIAL IS THE CASE. VERY URGENT ATTENTION

This message might meet you in utmost surprise, however, it's just my Urgent need for foreign partner that made me to contact you for this transaction I am a banker by profession from Burkina Faso in West Africa and currently holding the post of director Auditing and accounting unit of the bank.

I have the opportunity of transferring the left over Funds ($10.5 million) of one of my bank clients who died Along with his entire family in a plane crash.

All expenses incurred by you and me in this transaction will be deducted out from the 10% of the total fund before the sharing of the fund according to the percentages agreed. I will come over to your country as soon as the transfer is over to receive my own share of the fund for further investments by your advice. Please I want you to understand that a stitch in time saves nine so write back and tell me if you really want to carry out this transaction with me..

From banking experience it will take up to five( 5) working days to conclude this transfer. I sincerely need your help because this might be my first and last opportunity of hitting big money. I also would want you to treat this affair as both urgent, top secret and confidential. I want you to also know that this transaction will involve some expenses which will be shared among both of us.

This payment will be effected through Swift Telegraphic Transfer.
Your Urgent response is needed for immediate transfer of this fund in to your receiving bank account.

(FILL THIS FORM BELLOW PLEASE AND RESEND IT TO ME).

Your name in full..................................
Your country.........................................
Your age................................................
Your cell phone.....................................
Your occupation...................................
Your sex...............................................
Your International passport..................
Your marital status.................................
Your bank name....................................
Best Regards,
Mr Kabiru Sanfo

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He's not foolish....he's simply greedy...

"A Greed and his money is soon parted"

Who else is greedy? Potential targets for con-sters...

The MILLION DOLLAR MEN? LOL!

That's why we lost $260 billions?

A Sinkie and his money is soon parted.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
How bodoh can one get?
There's no free lunch in this worlds just as there's no free PRC women fuck. Im beginning to wonder if MM Lee's prophecy of Sinkie has inferior genes bears some truth to it now. Ironic.

The bank account to which he remitted the money..that can be traced and at least the culprits caught. Is there a way to take this step, so that people
like Ibrahim can help destroy such fraudsters.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
'The scams I'd heard of were from places like Nigeria. This e-mail was sent from the UK and it looked genuine.'

This really cracked me up. No wonder LKY wants to replace us with cheaper, hungrier foreigners.