• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - A Singaporean Chinese who can't speak Chinese, feels he's being unfairly discriminated against

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genghis Khan conquered the Jin dynasty. And decided to turn west and obliterate the muslims after they massacred the mongol trade delegation as stated below.
Sung emperor was given a reprieve.

Slaughter of Mongolian trade caravanEdit

In 1218, a Mongolian trade caravan of around 450 men arrived in Otrar, including an ambassador of Genghis Khan. Inalchuq accused them of being Mongolian spies and arrested them.[2] There may, in fact, have been spies in the caravan;[1] however Inalchuq may have also been provoked by having been called Inalchuq rather than the less familiar Ghayir-Khan by one of the members of the caravan,[1] or perhaps was motivated by simply wanting to seize the caravan's riches.[2] With the assent of Sultan Muhammad, he executed the entire caravan, and its goods were sold in Bukhara.[2] A camel driver escaped this massacre to report back to Genghis Khan, who responded by sending a delegation of one Muslim and two Mongol diplomats to Sultan Muhammad demanding Inalchuq be punished. Muhammad responded by beheading the Muslim ambassador and shaving off the beards of his two Mongol companions, provoking Genghis Khan's retaliatory invasion.[2]

The arabs never did recover from the onslaught. Totally obliterated till today,

It was kublai khan, grandson of genghis that conquered the sung and entire Chinese territory..
this story was first told to me by an Irani. I found it fascinating that a Persian would have positive recollections of the Mongols. He was terrible impressed by what
Genghis Khan did.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm correct.

The peranakans are actually a mixed race of chink and m&d. The key difference is that their children did not adopt the arabic mohameddan religion after marrying m&d. It's recognized that the peranakans have a distinct culture by their fusion of chink and m&d culture and of not adopting islam.
Sorry, I think syed putra has got this one. I know many peranakan families. They all swear they have no Malay blood in them. As far my questioning led, it was only in Singapore textbooks that had intermarriage as a fact. No one I asked can support that claim. My understanding is that they adopted the original Malay culture and not the Arabic one while still being wholly Chinese in DNA. All had unbroken pedigree from southern China.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want the semi-long version?

Mandarin was derived from the Beijing dialect which in itself is not even historically a Chinese city. It was made the official language of China by decree of the 4th Qing Manchu emperor Yongzheng because he could not understand the languages of Canton and Hokkien. [@Hypocrite-The, you might be interested in this.]

Prior to this old Mandarin only came into existence after the Mongols invaded China. Without the Mongolian invasion, the official language being used in Chang An was Middle Chinese from which Hokkien is derived. So take your pick, Mandarin is either Mongolian/Chinese bastard patois or Manchurian decree. If either suits your idea of being Chinese please go ahead. But I know exactly where my ancestors came from and not a single one spoke Manchurian. To me speaking Mandarin with pride is like wearing a queue with pride. Add to this you can guess who was asleep at the wheel when the West made China the sick bitch of the east. Do you expect me to follow the decree of foreigners who let other foreigners carve up China? Or to follow the language of the world's greatest rapists? :o-o:

After the fall of the Qing, things started to revert back to their natural states. Either the nationalists or the commies wanted the whole of China. Anything left on the margins would represent failure and a loss of control. So here comes the official language again to unite the country one way or the other. A political tool for legitimacy. All so that the populace single-mindedly supports the officials and their chosen language and to wipe out resistance. The cost? All the unofficial languages are de-legitimized and marginalized.

For the record, it is cool and millions are learning to speak it for economic benefits. But I'm not wearing a queue. On the other hand if you have Mongolian or Manchurian ancestry, please excuse me. You have officially conquered China already and I'm just an ethnic refugee.

Oh and since we're on the topic, if English wasn't so dominant today, I would not bother using it. If you like, you can join me on a mountain. Sometimes being a tortoise has it benefits. :wink:
The push for Mandarin to be the official court language started before the Qing dynasty. Mandarin is not a Manchu language. It was spoken in the north. The Manchus had their own language which was more similar to Mongolian. So to equate speaking Mandarin to being Manchu is factually wrong.

Secondly, like I had pointed out, the Republic of China officially voted to use Mandarin as the national language. So its legitimacy is indisputable.

Don't worry.. I am not trying to convert any uncle to become a Mandarin speaker. Most sinkie ancestors left Mainland a hundred years ago and many sinkies today don't think they owe any loyalty to PRC. But I think the Chinese culture should be preserved among ethnic Chinese. The Chinese culture is thousands of years old and is still surviving strong unlike other ancient ones.

Plus Mandarin is going to be a more important tool for next generation of sinkies for doing business with the great dragon up north.

Don't fall into the trap of arrogance like those Hongkies who thought they were damn big fuck in the 80s and 90s. Today many young Hongkies are economically irreverent because they cannot/do not want to learn 普通话.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The push for Mandarin to be the official court language started before the Qing dynasty. Mandarin is not a Manchu language. It was spoken in the north. The Manchus had their own language which was more similar to Mongolian. So to equate speaking Mandarin to being Manchu is factually wrong.

Secondly, like I had pointed out, the Republic of China officially voted to use Mandarin as the national language. So its legitimacy is indisputable.

Don't worry.. I am not trying to convert any uncle to become a Mandarin speaker. Most sinkie ancestors left Mainland a hundred years ago and many sinkies today don't think they owe any loyalty to PRC. But I think the Chinese culture should be preserved among ethnic Chinese. The Chinese culture is thousands of years old and is still surviving strong unlike other ancient ones.

Plus Mandarin is going to be a more important tool for next generation of sinkies for doing business with the great dragon up north.
don't disagree.

Don't fall into the trap of arrogance like those Hongkies who thought they were damn big fuck in the 80s and 90s. Today many young Hongkies are economically irreverent because they cannot/do not want to learn 普通话.
yes. I know. as you can see from my merry christmas video that upset some people, I'm speaking Mandarin in it.

Just thought I'd provide a counter-argument for the sake of debate. :wink:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
don't disagree.

yes. I know. as you can see from my merry christmas video that upset some people, I'm speaking Mandarin in it.

Just thought I'd provide a counter-argument for the sake of debate. :wink:

I hesitated to point this out earlier, but I believe you'd understand : your earlier expressed view (for sake of 'debate'), risks showing that your hangups over Mandarin due to archaic historical reasons (valid as they are), going as far as to say "fuck Mandarin" is manifestly unfair to all the Mandarin speakers in the world alive today (including all foreigners around the world learning Mandarin, not just all the people of China today), and by extension to all Chinese people in general (as due to the historical & political reasons you pointed out, Mandarin is now effectively synonymous with and representing Chinese people in general today). The way it is today (for historical & political reasons), Mandarin does effectively represent the Chinese language today, and as such can be taken as due representation of Chinese culture in general, today.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hesitated to point this out earlier, but I believe you'd understand : your earlier expressed view (for sake of 'debate'), risks showing that your hangups over Mandarin due to archaic historical reasons (valid as they are), going as far as to say "fuck Mandarin" is manifestly unfair to all the Mandarin speakers in the world alive today (including all foreigners learning Mandarin, not just all the people of China today), and by extension to all Chinese people in general (as due to the historical & political reasons you pointed out, Mandarin is now effectively synonymous with and representing Chinese people in general today). The way it is today (for historical & political reasons), Mandarin does effectively represent the Chinese language today, and as such can be taken as due representation of Chinese culture in general, today.
When the Greek occupied the Mediterranean region the Jews have to learn Greek and drop Jewish language.

But Jewish language was not eradicated. Today Jewish still speak their mother tongue.

These bunch of Indian bastards here are anti-chinese .... all we need is to fuck them deep deep throw them back to India dump...

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these fake Ang MO has only got themselves to be blame for not being able to communicate in Chinese fluently. Ah gong LKY has already stressed the importance of being able to speak Chinese and English fluently. But the serf in MOE only stress on English. They are to be blame too.

Now fast-forward, this Complain king said that he is unfairly discriminate for not being able to use his Chinese language to achieve the desired outcomes. What a fucking loser.

The Chinese in Malaysia can speak Chinese, English, Malay, Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese fluently. They make a good living in Singapore. Why this Singkie is complaining he is being unfairly discriminated ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm correct.

The peranakans are actually a mixed race of chink and m&d. The key difference is that their children did not adopt the arabic mohameddan religion after marrying m&d. It's recognized that the peranakans have a distinct culture by their fusion of chink and m&d culture and of not adopting islam.
Peranakan have very little malay genes. They are basically almost 100% chinese that came a long time ago, spoke in malay, eat malay fusion food but kept their own religious obligation and culture,

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

China want to choose 1 language to be 普通话 for trading and education within the country. So there was a competition to choose one, not as if the Manchu was selected by the King like what these bastards here was saying...

Competition my friend.... it narrows down to final between Han and Cantonese.

Han was chosen. But Han was chosen because it has more written words than Cuntonese. And more Provinces and States in the Northern region were using Hans and their classical music. Cantonese sounds nice with good Octave for music, but northern music were classical opera types tunes therefore Hans was chosen.

The Pommy music were pom cha cha type but China are classical opera musical type. Go China karaoke you will find their type of music and songs different from the pommy pom cha cha type, 4 man band.

So music plays the part to choose Han over Cuntonese as common language for China.

Unless you read Chinese history books written by local Chinese scholars you will know China better.

But fucking Overseas Chinese 华侨人 were sanctioned by evil BE to access to Chinese books, and bad mouthing China, and portrayed China are barbarian people, uncultured, poor, uneducated and no IQ.

Pommies were afraid of China rise today and we can now see how beautiful Northern Chinese chiobus are, with long legs and beauty.

Chinese in SEA under BE colonies were blocked access to China media and news, the only media we see were from Taiwan and Hong Kong. And we think this is China media and they are China Chinese people. We have been cheated by fucking Pommies since 1819.

Now you can join me start fucking the evil 5 eye, blocking us access to China media in the last 50 years. Even LKY was balless to screen China media in Singapore afraid of 5 eye sanctions...

Evil BE is like Jesus is dangerous and this Jesus must die...

Testing

Alfrescian
Loyal
China want to choose 1 language to be 普通话 for trading and education within the country. So there was a competition to choose one, not as if the Manchu was selected by the King like what these bastards here was saying...

Competition my friend.... it narrows down to final between Han and Cantonese.

Han was chosen. But Han was chosen because it has more written words than Cuntonese. And more Provinces and States in the Northern region were using Hans and their classical music. Cantonese sounds nice with good Octave for music, but northern music were classical opera types tunes therefore Hans was chosen.

The Pommy music were pom cha cha type but China are classical opera musical type. Go China karaoke you will find their type of music and songs different from the pommy pom cha cha type, 4 man band.

So music plays the part to choose Han over Cuntonese as common language for China.

Unless you read Chinese history books written by local Chinese scholars you will know China better.

But fucking Overseas Chinese 华侨人 were sanctioned by evil BE to access to Chinese books, and bad mouthing China, and portrayed China are barbarian people, uncultured, poor, uneducated and no IQ.

Pommies were afraid of China rise today and we can now see how beautiful Northern Chinese chiobus are, with long legs and beauty.

Chinese in SEA under BE colonies were blocked access to China media and news, the only media we see were from Taiwan and Hong Kong. And we think this is China media and they are China Chinese people. We have been cheated by fucking Pommies since 1819.

Now you can join me start fucking the evil 5 eye, blocking us access to China media in the last 50 years. Even LKY was balless to screen China media in Singapore afraid of 5 eye sanctions...

Evil BE is like Jesus is dangerous and this Jesus must die...

The Playfair algorithm is based on the use of a 5 * 5 matrix of letters con-structed using a keyword. Your mother has the keyword, get it from her.

Testing

Alfrescian
Loyal
My algo cock stand up when see your mother cheebye...
oh that is naughty naughty. Your mother cheese bye gain so much entries from Balanga workers?
keep bumping.... :biggrin: Thank you for letting me share all your photos

222104-nasty-chinese-tourists.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it first started, mandarin speakers only campaign was used to deny minorities jobs. Good to see it affecting Chinese sinkies too.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry, I think syed putra has got this one. I know many peranakan families. They all swear they have no Malay blood in them. As far my questioning led, it was only in Singapore textbooks that had intermarriage as a fact. No one I asked can support that claim. My understanding is that they adopted the original Malay culture and not the Arabic one while still being wholly Chinese in DNA. All had unbroken pedigree from southern China.

I think Syed and myself are both correct. Peranakan families came about because of intermarriage between chinks and m&ds at one particular point in the family tree, without the chink forsaking his roots for the mohameddan religion. It doesn't mean frequent intermarriages within the family tree with m&d and chink.

Most chinks regard peranakans as one of their own. So, it is likely that after that one particular chink-m&d marriage, their children and descendants married within the chink community after that.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thanks for pointing it out. Traditionally not a chink imperial capital. It was the frozen arse end of China turned into an imperial capital by first the Jurchen Jin. Up to that point, it was just a provincial capital. I don't think you can consider the Jin Chinese either with the head being a person called Aguda. Foreigners have a predilection for that place because they can run back to the frozen wastes in case of uprisings from the native Chinese.

Logically, it would make more sense for the chinks to put their capital in the south. The south is economically much richer than the north. Also, the capital in the south provides a buffer zone from the barbaric tartars in the north and is also nearer the trading routes of south east asia.

However, historically, chink emperors and warlords who put the capital in the south always ended up being overrun by people of the North.

Nanjing (known as Jianye) served as capital of Eastern Wu during the 3 Kingdoms. Overrun by Wei/Jin from the North.

Southern Sung, based in Lin'an (Hangzhou), despite being even richer than Northern Sung, was overrun by the Mongols.

The Ming Dynasty's original capital was in Nanjing. The 2nd Ming Emperor was eventually overthrown by his uncle, whose base was in Beijing.

The Southern Ming dynasty, again based in Nanjing, was also overrun by the Qing from the north, who shifted their capital from Shenyang to Beijing.

The Taiping rebellion, whose capital was in Nanjing, was also overrun by the Qing, whose capital was in Beijing.

The KMT, again based in Nanjing, lost their capital to the Japs during WW2 and later on, lost the civil war to the commies, who were based in the North.

In many cases, rich and powerful dynasties operating from richer southern capitals, all lost to poorer and leaner enemies from the north. It's bad luck to put one's capital in Nanjing. Beijing has far better fengshui.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When it first started, mandarin speakers only campaign was used to deny minorities jobs. Good to see it affecting Chinese sinkies too.

The 'Speak Mandarin' campaign had affected chinks since its beginning. Many chinks can't speak mandarin and rely entirely on English. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, I know of many well-to-do chinks who migrated to Australia or US largely because their kids were likely to fail mandarin at PSLE or O levels.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 'Speak Mandarin' campaign had affected chinks since its beginning. Many chinks can't speak mandarin and rely entirely on English. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, I know of many well-to-do chinks who migrated to Australia or US largely because their kids were likely to fail mandarin at PSLE or O levels.
The speak mando campaign was targeted at dialect speakers. Especially the younger gen Chinese sinkies.

Eradicating coolie-speak was the second greatest ever LKY accomplishment for Chinese education

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The speak mando campaign was targeted at dialect speakers. Especially the younger gen Chinese sinkies.

Eradicating coolie-speak was the second greatest ever LKY accomplishment for Chinese education

The 'Speak Mandarin' campaign also netted many middle class sinkie chinkies who could barely speak mandarin and their kids. It was not part of the plan.