• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - 2 Japanese women in Sg share their experiences converting to Islam

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
200.gif

1651511543213.png

In a YouTube video shared on April 29, two Japanese women Yamada Misato and Nakahara Akane shared some of the challenges they have faced as a Muslim convert in Singapore.

They told chef Kenneth Yong that for a start, they have had to be more mindful with their food choices.

Nakahara, who has been a Muslim convert for eight years and has lived in Singapore for 22 years, said: "I used to drink or eat non-halal food with my colleagues and friends. So it was difficult for me to adapt."

"Yeah, I miss tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen a bit," Yamada quipped, while adding that it's "not a big issue".

Nakahara and Yamada are members of Sakura Club, a Japanese-Muslim community in Singapore. They agreed that being in a group with other converts has helped them in their journey to embrace Islam.

"We share information there. For example, there's a new halal Japanese restaurant or this product is now halal-certified," Nakahara said.

In the 11-minute video, Yamada shared how she had to "convince" her parents to accept her relationship with her Muslim husband.

The Tokyo native recalled: "Before we visited Japan, my parents were very worried. [I told them] 'mum, dad, I have a boyfriend, he's a Muslim'.

"[They replied] 'so you mean you must convert?'

"Then they met up with him [and thought] 'oh, nice guy'."

Despite being a Japanese-Muslim convert, Nakahara and Yamada shared that their identities are not as "complicated" as they seem to be.

Yamada said: "For me, my identity is not so complicated… Even if I convert, I am Japanese. That will never change.

"For culture, I follow the Malay side. But I also try to never forget the seasonal festivals in Japan."

For Nakahara, she tries to help her son on the challenge of identifying as a Japanese Muslim.

She shared: "I teach him Japanese. He also takes Malay as his mother tongue. We also learn the Arabic language.

"Before my son eats, [he'd say] itadakimasu ("let's eat" in Japanese), and bismillah-ir-rahman-ir-rahim (an Islamic prayer before eating). I don't want him to forget about the Japanese culture.

"Our kids' generation has more struggles, is more complicated. [Unlike them] we've already grown up as Japanese," Yamada quipped.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/i...-share-their-challenges-being-muslim-converts

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...f-being-muslim-converts-in-singapore.6742735/

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yamada said: "For me, my identity is not so complicated… Even if I convert, I am Japanese. That will never change.

"For culture, I follow the Malay side. But I also try to never forget the seasonal festivals in Japan."

She just admitted that by becoming a moslem, she is forced to give up her Jap culture. Have fun quietly remembering your past cultural festivities.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In muslim syrua, egypt, iraq, palestine and all those secular mudl8m majority states, no need to convert.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 11-minute video, Yamada shared how she had to "convince" her parents to accept her relationship with her Muslim husband
So marriage is more important to a women than anything else. Just like malls, restaurants, jb and travel are important than vaccine death and injuries.

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their husband power can able to let japs to convert! Non moslem can also write must convert to non moslem??? becos this is suppose to be a norm that do not to be written in the book.