• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - “No need ultrasound, the baby is probably already dead” – Woman shares a harrowing account of her miscarriage at KKH A&E

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://wakeup.sg/kkh-miscarriage/

kkh-ae-750x375.png

This story contains graphic descriptions. Reader discretion is advised.

After the story about the stillborn baby in National University Hospital went viral, a woman reached out to us to share her harrowing experience of having a miscarriage at KKH A&E. Wake Up Singapore has had sight of her medical bills from KKH.

With her permission, we set out her account below, in the same manner that it was conveyed to us.

Prior to KKH Admission​

I would like to share my experience at Govt hospital A&E that led to the tragic loss of my child at 20 weeks of gestation.

In February 2022, I tested positive for COVID. I was also 20 weeks pregnant.

As I was having severe abdominal pains along with COVID symptoms with had no choice but to go to hospital. We went to our registered hospital first at about 10am but was denied treatment as I’m COVID+ and needed a special gynecologist – an “Infectious Disease Gynae (IDG)” – and apparently an IDG is only available at KKH.

To try our luck, we went to another private hospital where we were again denied treatment. So at about 2pm, we had no choice to but to head to KKH A&E. For context, my own gynaecologist was unavailable at that time as she tested positive too.

At KKH (2pm)​

So we reached KKH at around 2pm, at first we were told that I was denied treatment again as I was C+, we literally had to plead with them.

We told them that we’ve been to multiple hospitals and all have asked us to go to KKH and if KKH is denying us what are we supposed to do? Especially with my pains, finally we were told to wait outside at the drop off area and that it would be 3-4hrs hours before a Doctor can attend to us. At this point my abdominal pains were getting worse, I tried telling them that but I was told it’s probably due the coughing.

So we waited more, all this time the pain getting worse and worse. At about 5pm we have yet to see a Doctor and I started to bleed. My husband tried to get a nurse but the lady at the registration counter told him that he can’t be inside and chased him outside.

I was bleeding profusely and it was about 20mins until a nurse came to check on me. First I was given a cup to pee in for “sample” WHILE I was bleeding. And it wasn’t even a light bleed, I have bled through my dress. The nurse was like “oh you’re bleeding” and I’m like ARE YOU BLIND!

At KKH (Admission)​

Finally they put me in a bed, no monitoring set up whatsoever, just took my blood pressure and told me it was high – no **** right.

All the while I just bled out, I knew what was happening, I was losing my baby, I told the nurse, and they kept telling me the Doctor will see my soon.

At KKH (6pm)​

A Doctor came to see me at about 6pm. She lifted my dress, said she needed to check my crevice but due to bleeding it has to be done by a senior Doctor.

I asked if she could just do an ultrasound to check on the baby. And she told And these are words I will never ever forget “No need ultrasound, the baby is probably dead, this is too much bleeding” and she left the room to get a Senior Doctor.

Expulsion of Baby​

I laid there brawling, and then I felt it, a great big squeeze in my stomach, and then next thing I know i had pushed and expelled out my baby. All this time alone in room.

My husband wasn’t allowed to come in as he was still C-. He could wait with me outside but he wasn’t allow to come inside the hospital with me.

I don’t know how long I sat there crying, screaming for a nurse but no one came. I couldn’t move, it was a complete nightmare.

It was another 10-20mins before someone came into the room saw the “mess” and the next thing I knew I was being rushed around. I passed out at one point, when I woke up I was told that I suffered a miscarriage.

I asked if I could have the foetus to give it a proper burial. I was told that i need to get a funeral home to contact them and they’ll pass it along to it for proper handling. My husband got right on to it and in the end we were told that it has been out through medical waste.

Post-Discharge​

I was discharged that same morning with just Paracetamol. At the end of the week when I tested negative I finally could go to my gynae and through the ultrasound we found out that my placenta was not fully expunged and was literally rotting inside. I was told that the previous Doctors did not do a proper job of expelling everything. And so I had to go through a day surgery to clean up everything.

This was my first child and I was almost infertile. The whole experience drained the life out of me, literally and metaphorically. I know the medical system is having a hard time now with the covid surge, but should this still happen?

The KKH Bill​

kkh-ae-miscarriage-768x1086.png

I have my KKH bill, and you can see that all they did was to take a swab and do a “simple ultrasound”. We didn’t even get to see this bill BTW at discharge. They just told us that it would sent to us and to look from HealthHub app. We are still unsure of some the charges and been waiting for KKH to get back to us.

As I was COVID+ I couldn’t go to the reception and because my husband is COVID- he couldn’t come near me but since he’s “close contact” although to HRN SMS received he wasn’t allowed to go to other parts of the hospital but to stay outside

We have reached out to KKH for comment.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ccount-of-her-miscarriage-at-kkh-a-e.6720433/

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The KKH case is separate form the teddy bear on coffin NUH case :

275821266_10159988241089939_4672853959454787168_n.jpg

GPGT NUH A&E made pregnant woman wait 2 hours and baby died​

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ant-woman-wait-2-hours-and-baby-died.6718869/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://wakeup.sg/kkh-miscarriage/

kkh-ae-750x375.png

This story contains graphic descriptions. Reader discretion is advised.

After the story about the stillborn baby in National University Hospital went viral, a woman reached out to us to share her harrowing experience of having a miscarriage at KKH A&E. Wake Up Singapore has had sight of her medical bills from KKH.

With her permission, we set out her account below, in the same manner that it was conveyed to us.

Prior to KKH Admission​

I would like to share my experience at Govt hospital A&E that led to the tragic loss of my child at 20 weeks of gestation.

In February 2022, I tested positive for COVID. I was also 20 weeks pregnant.

As I was having severe abdominal pains along with COVID symptoms with had no choice but to go to hospital. We went to our registered hospital first at about 10am but was denied treatment as I’m COVID+ and needed a special gynecologist – an “Infectious Disease Gynae (IDG)” – and apparently an IDG is only available at KKH.

To try our luck, we went to another private hospital where we were again denied treatment. So at about 2pm, we had no choice to but to head to KKH A&E. For context, my own gynaecologist was unavailable at that time as she tested positive too.

At KKH (2pm)​

So we reached KKH at around 2pm, at first we were told that I was denied treatment again as I was C+, we literally had to plead with them.

We told them that we’ve been to multiple hospitals and all have asked us to go to KKH and if KKH is denying us what are we supposed to do? Especially with my pains, finally we were told to wait outside at the drop off area and that it would be 3-4hrs hours before a Doctor can attend to us. At this point my abdominal pains were getting worse, I tried telling them that but I was told it’s probably due the coughing.

So we waited more, all this time the pain getting worse and worse. At about 5pm we have yet to see a Doctor and I started to bleed. My husband tried to get a nurse but the lady at the registration counter told him that he can’t be inside and chased him outside.

I was bleeding profusely and it was about 20mins until a nurse came to check on me. First I was given a cup to pee in for “sample” WHILE I was bleeding. And it wasn’t even a light bleed, I have bled through my dress. The nurse was like “oh you’re bleeding” and I’m like ARE YOU BLIND!

At KKH (Admission)​

Finally they put me in a bed, no monitoring set up whatsoever, just took my blood pressure and told me it was high – no **** right.

All the while I just bled out, I knew what was happening, I was losing my baby, I told the nurse, and they kept telling me the Doctor will see my soon.

At KKH (6pm)​

A Doctor came to see me at about 6pm. She lifted my dress, said she needed to check my crevice but due to bleeding it has to be done by a senior Doctor.

I asked if she could just do an ultrasound to check on the baby. And she told And these are words I will never ever forget “No need ultrasound, the baby is probably dead, this is too much bleeding” and she left the room to get a Senior Doctor.

Expulsion of Baby​

I laid there brawling, and then I felt it, a great big squeeze in my stomach, and then next thing I know i had pushed and expelled out my baby. All this time alone in room.

My husband wasn’t allowed to come in as he was still C-. He could wait with me outside but he wasn’t allow to come inside the hospital with me.

I don’t know how long I sat there crying, screaming for a nurse but no one came. I couldn’t move, it was a complete nightmare.

It was another 10-20mins before someone came into the room saw the “mess” and the next thing I knew I was being rushed around. I passed out at one point, when I woke up I was told that I suffered a miscarriage.

I asked if I could have the foetus to give it a proper burial. I was told that i need to get a funeral home to contact them and they’ll pass it along to it for proper handling. My husband got right on to it and in the end we were told that it has been out through medical waste.

Post-Discharge​

I was discharged that same morning with just Paracetamol. At the end of the week when I tested negative I finally could go to my gynae and through the ultrasound we found out that my placenta was not fully expunged and was literally rotting inside. I was told that the previous Doctors did not do a proper job of expelling everything. And so I had to go through a day surgery to clean up everything.

This was my first child and I was almost infertile. The whole experience drained the life out of me, literally and metaphorically. I know the medical system is having a hard time now with the covid surge, but should this still happen?

The KKH Bill​

kkh-ae-miscarriage-768x1086.png

I have my KKH bill, and you can see that all they did was to take a swab and do a “simple ultrasound”. We didn’t even get to see this bill BTW at discharge. They just told us that it would sent to us and to look from HealthHub app. We are still unsure of some the charges and been waiting for KKH to get back to us.

As I was COVID+ I couldn’t go to the reception and because my husband is COVID- he couldn’t come near me but since he’s “close contact” although to HRN SMS received he wasn’t allowed to go to other parts of the hospital but to stay outside

We have reached out to KKH for comment.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ccount-of-her-miscarriage-at-kkh-a-e.6720433/
Hospital can leenied treatment? :eek: need infectious disease gynae cannot have 2 loctor each from 1 discipline to attend? :eek:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That’s the worse thing that come with this Covid madness. So many life threatening situations and they are trained to treat a mild flu as priority above everything else!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That’s the worse thing that come with this Covid madness. So many life threatening situations and they are trained to treat a mild flu as priority above everything else!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Y give birth in Singapore ? You are bringing a child into suffering. He is now in a better place seriously. The NUS staff should be commended.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The KKH case is separate form the teddy bear on coffin NUH case :

275821266_10159988241089939_4672853959454787168_n.jpg

GPGT NUH A&E made pregnant woman wait 2 hours and baby died​

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ant-woman-wait-2-hours-and-baby-died.6718869/
Wat is the age of both women.? One was 37 n basically the older the woman the more dangerous it Is. That is a fact but due to advances in medical science the risk has declined..no pt kpkb hospital is bad when one wants to take the risk

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just make a new baby via the same process. Problem solved.
Does stillborn need a burial ?
A baby who's stillborn after 24 weeks of pregnancy must by law be formally buried or cremated, although a funeral isn't legally required.

Imuho parents need not feel sad about miscarriage or stillborn if they can leepeat the same process so My uncle also no idea why some parents think otherwise. It should be a totallee different emotions for baby to die several days or months after birth. Also my uncle think the hospital should be the party to perform the leequired cremation by law instead of letting the parents handle it.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does stillborn need a burial ?
A baby who's stillborn after 24 weeks of pregnancy must by law be formally buried or cremated, although a funeral isn't legally required.

Imuho parents need not feel sad about miscarriage or stillborn if they can leepeat the same process so My uncle also no idea why some parents think otherwise. It should be a totallee different emotions for baby to die several days or months after birth. Also my uncle think the hospital should be the party to perform the leequired cremation by law instead of letting the parents handle it.
Most likely out to gain compensation..free money I want too

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much more expensive is it to give birth at Gleneagles?

It's a new life, it's a new family member, might as well spend a bit more to have a peace of mind. It's not like you're giving birth every week. Some money shouldn't be saved.

Know when to save, and know when to spend. And have the wisdom to understand the difference.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if a go fund me would setup to take legal action against those hospital. I would contribute.

Singapore has been leveraging on cheap labours for too long and this is what we got. Nobody cares anymore because the salary is not equal to effort.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much more expensive is it to give birth at Gleneagles?

It's a new life, it's a new family member, might as well spend a bit more to have a peace of mind. It's not like you're giving birth every week. Some money shouldn't be saved.

Know when to save, and know when to spend. And have the wisdom to understand the difference.
Fuck Gleneagles. Why not go Mount E?