• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sexomania or Sexsomnia?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Some men do it while they sleep
www.sowetanlive.co.za

Sexomania affects both sexes and can be treated

FOR some women there is nothing more annoying than a partner who has sex while he sleeps.

This is not an uncommon problem and experts call the condition sexomania.

It can involve masturbation or initiating sexual contact with a partner while asleep.

The condition is more common in men though women do suffer from sexomania too.

It can vary in severity from just troublesome moaning to sexual, and sometimes violent, acts during sleep.

Research shows that having sex while sleeping is more prevalent than previously thought.

It is believed that it might affect about one percent of the population, but it's hard to get an accurate idea because many sufferers are too embarrassed to report it, or just have no memory of their sleep sex habits.

Sexomania has also been widely discussed and reported in the media as a devastating disorder that can lead to a break-up of relationships to being a humorous measure of one's sex drive.

David Simba, a physician practising in Johannesburg, says while people might think this type of behaviour is funny, it can be disturbing, annoying, embarrassing and a potentially serious problem for some individuals and couples.

"Most people afflicted with sexomania often go for years without notifying their doctors of the symptoms for fear of being ridiculed by friends and family," Simba says.

"Some don't know that it's a medical disorder, while others think it is a spiritual problem," Simba says.

He says though the disorder is relatively harmless, some people attempt sex acts with a bed partner without their consent.

For most people the worst effect of sleep sex is embarrassment between the sufferer and their partner.

Simba says this needn't be the case, as long as the sufferer talks it through with the partner and they are honest with each other.

"There's nothing weird about it, it's just like sleep-talking. It is important to know that it's treatable. A doctor can do a family history and a partner's sleep history," he says.

Most patients who suffer from this condition have a history of parasomnias such as sleepwalking and sleep talking.

How can you stop sexomania?

• Simba says the first level of treatment will usually be therapy. In this treatment, the intention is to ascertain whether there is an underlying psychological reason for the behaviour and, if so, to help the sufferer address and correct these issues.
Therapy will also help reduce any stress and anxiety that might be contributory factors to the disorder.

If the sufferer is in a relationship, the therapy sessions may include the partner, as much to make sure they are aware of the issues of the disorder as for any other reason.
  • The second aspect of treatment will be to ascertain whether there is a need for lifestyle changes to help alleviate the disorder. For example, there could be a alcohol-related issue that is adding to the problem and the removal of this might help.
Similarly, reducing stress and anxiety levels in the person's lifestyle can be beneficial.
  • Thirdly, there is the option of medication and this will be considered in extreme cases of sexomania to reduce the problem, while other remedies are given time to have an impact on the disorder.
In trials medication such as clonazepam has been found to help some sufferers of the disorder.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Man who raped his daughter, 4, walks free after claiming he suffered from 'sexsomnia'

By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
Belgium was rocked by a new paedophile scandal yesterday after a court acquitted a man of raping his four-year-old daughter because he claimed he was asleep at the time.

In a judgment condemned as ‘the summit of perversity’ and ‘an open door for paedophiles’, an appeal court decided there was no proof the 30-year-old father was awake and that therefore he should have the benefit of the doubt.

The man, identified only as Frederic L, admitted the assault, but he told the court in Mons, West Belgium, that he suffered from a very rare condition called ‘sexomania’ which led him to have sex while asleep.

A court in the Belgian town of Mons, pictured, has been told how a father raped his daughter while he was asleep

A court in the Belgian town of Mons, pictured, has been told how a father raped his daughter while he was asleep

He was accused of raping the girl when she woke him up to open the door to the toilet.

He said that he came to his senses when his daughter began to scream: 'Papa it's me. It's me.'

The man told a court in Mons: 'This is a sexual version of sleepwalking. I was deeply ashamed when I found out what was happening.'

The divorced man, 30, had been drinking with his friends before going to bed in the same room as his daughter.

The girl told her grandmother what had happened and she reported her father to the police.

In court defence lawyer Yves Degratie said: 'My client has had sleep problems for a long time. When he was living with the girl's mother he often had sex with her in his sleep.

'He could not remember what happened with his daughter the next day. He is deeply sorry. But he could do nothing about it. He was powerless.'

Police psychiatrist Chris Dillen confirmed that sexsomnia is a rare medical condition and he knew of a similar case where a man raped his own daughter in his sleep.

'You have people who talk or walk in their sleep. You have others who eat cakes and take things from the fridge. And you have a few who want to have sex,' he added.

The public prosecutor dropped the case. State prosecutors had asked for an eight-year prison sentence.

But the girl's mother was shocked by the court's ruling. 'This verdict gives a green light to all rapists and paedophiles to escape the law,' she said.

The public prosecutor is appealing against the ruling.

The case will damage Belgium’s attempts to shake off its reputation as a hotbed of paedophiles. It revived memories of Marc Dutroux, who was jailed for life in 2004 for kidnapping and abusing six girls, four of whom he killed.

Sexsomnia, also called sex sleep, was first identified in 1996 and is a classified sleep disorder characterized as a non-rapid-eye-movement (N-REM) parasomnia.

There have been several cases of people being acquitted of sexual assault because they were sleepwalking.

Last year lorry driver lan Ball, 35, of Ormskirk, Lancashire, was charged with sexual assault but experts who examined his history of sleepwalking concluded he had not known what he was doing and he was cleared by a judge.

In 2008 Jane McKenna, 33, from Hampshire, claimed she had been raped by a friend's husband, Jason Jeal, only for him to be cleared on the basis that he was sleepwalking.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I can testify that this sexomania issue is real as I have personal encounter with one of my regular dinner companion. First time happened was in the middle of the night sleeping I felt a nudge at my lower body, we were facing back to back, and then I felt as if she is scratching her buttocks from her back, I thought nothing of it while the "scratching action" continued and then the movement became quicker and stronger and very soon squishy wet sound emerges, then there was deep breathing sound but no moaning. It lasted like forever to me as I froze under the covers until finally I turned gently around pulled down the quilt and low and behold she wast touching herself furiously. I was stunned didn't know what I should do, finally i moved my right hand to her hand down there and she suddenly stopped pulled her wet fingers out and just slept. I could feel the sheets under her buttocks wet. I couldn't sleep.

Next day nothing happen, we did not talk about this and I guess she didn't know what happened. This happened again after a few times we went out. One day I decided to talk to her about this she told me she know she has this problem but completely unaware while it is happening, not conscious at all. Told her maybe as doctor could help she just said its not a big issue unless I mind I told her I'm fine with it but this could be like giving someone a wrong signal she just brushed it off. Anyway I'm kindda used to it.

jw5

Loyal
I love Field Reports. :thumbsup::biggrin:

I can testify that this sexomania issue is real as I have personal encounter with one of my regular dinner companion. First time happened was in the middle of the night sleeping I felt a nudge at my lower body, we were facing back to back, and then I felt as if she is scratching her buttocks from her back, I thought nothing of it while the "scratching action" continued and then the movement became quicker and stronger and very soon squishy wet sound emerges, then there was deep breathing sound but no moaning. It lasted like forever to me as I froze under the covers until finally I turned gently around pulled down the quilt and low and behold she wast touching herself furiously. I was stunned didn't know what I should do, finally i moved my right hand to her hand down there and she suddenly stopped pulled her wet fingers out and just slept. I could feel the sheets under her buttocks wet. I couldn't sleep.

Next day nothing happen, we did not talk about this and I guess she didn't know what happened. This happened again after a few times we went out. One day I decided to talk to her about this she told me she know she has this problem but completely unaware while it is happening, not conscious at all. Told her maybe as doctor could help she just said its not a big issue unless I mind I told her I'm fine with it but this could be like giving someone a wrong signal she just brushed it off. Anyway I'm kindda used to it.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Now, this is real proof of Sexomnia! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
@zhihau , apologies once again. Wrong spelling of the word again. think I am suffering from dyslexia. :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

The title should be Sexsomnia (not "sexomania").

Though if you scan thru the internet, both spellings are used interchangeably.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Sexomania — You & Your Wedding
forum.youandyourwedding.co.uk
"Sexomania", Sex While Asleep. Has anybody else come across this or living with it?

WASHINGTON: A new phenomenon called "sexomania", a condition in which people who are asleep proceed to initiate sex with their bed partner, is intriguing the inhabitants of the world of sex.

In the study, the results of which are published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Canadian researchers have found out that while many people fall asleep after sex, there are some that sleep during sex. Three researchers from the universities of Ottawa and Toronto and the Toronto Western Hospital, described "sexomnia" as a mix between having a wet dream and sleepwalking.

According to a report in News 24, the researchers made an even more astonishing discovery when they found that not all the partners of people with the disorder were distressed or irritated by the idea of having sex with an unconscious person. In fact some almost prefer it.

The researchers' study consisted of 11 case studies, mostly male. Two girlfriends of a 43-year-old man "independently confirmed that he frequently engages in sexual behaviour while asleep. One describes him as a 'different person' during these activities -apparently he is a more amorous and gentle lover and more orientated towards satisfying his partner."

Not all sexomniacs however are sensitive. Another 37-year-old man is "more aggressive and more amorous" while he's sleeping, says his wife. "He indulges in behaviours while asleep that he does not undertake when awake...there is no stopping him." But she admits, when he tried to throttle her, she had to slap him.

My h2b 'has or does this' It's something we always sort of laughed off but I soon realised it was a condition. I've seen both sides of him - he's either really = REALLY attentive or he can be a bit rough - never violent tho!! We have 4 kids and sometimes it's really worrying that he won't put something on when he starts, i usually wake up when he starts trying and don't realise he's asleep till after or sometimes the next day. He only rarely remember the things he does, or he remembers bits. he says things that normally i wd slap him for lol but he can't understand y i refuse to talk to him - that's usually when i realise he's been sleeping!!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why u never do the deed to help her? The real thing better than fingers...u really Sia Suay as a man

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I love Field Reports. :thumbsup::biggrin:

Didn’t mean it as a field report however so be it perhaps there’s gonna be another report after tonight I really don’t know especially after 2 bottles of this

F20C7AC6-06F7-4FCB-9C77-5AB038287287.jpeg

Last edited: