• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

tst2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the sales gallery this evening to raise my concern and I am expecting a call from the sales manager tomorrow. All the Mercury buyer must gather together so that the top management to hear our voice. Also, I told the sales why the master bath for Mercury did not provide vanity top, only a basin.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
house is too small to install lift.. i think!
Jupiter layout should be the best , followed by neptune, then mercury. basically one pays more for something better :smile:

IMHO the order of layout practicality is Neptune -> Mercury -> Jupiter. Neptune scores in the living+dining room integration, while Mercury scores in the balconies and best common rooms layout at first floor. For Jupiter, you have to look closely at the ground floor :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO the order of layout practicality is Neptune -> Mercury -> Jupiter. Neptune scores in the living+dining room integration, while Mercury scores in the balconies and best common rooms layout at first floor. For Jupiter, you have to look closely at the ground floor :wink:

nah, the floor plan can look deceiving. in the jupiter one can get the most obvious sense of space, although i wonder why the architect again makes the 90 degree bend of the stairwell towards the center of the house as there is really enough room to make the staircase straight and flush against the wall (just like neptune). maybe it is to give the living area that extra 4 feet width (which makes sense). i think mercury 1st floor is very OK and i like the balconies at every room, since the back rooms look out to greenery at the back lanes (SEC's selling point.) but the ground floor feels too tight. the storeroom 'partition' blocks the view to the rear sliding door.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mind share e exact location of e ahowhouses? Or I can just drive in at SEC? No need to get permit?

can't drive in. you have to go to setia indah office and the staff there will arrange a van / car to drive you in.

the exact location is along the new road towards seri austin. (sry, don't use GPS..)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The visit then will take up quite a lot of time. I will try this Saturday, if the traffic at 1st link is good.

Aggie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I'm also a mercury buyer ^_^
I have been following this tread since December last year actually.

Let's see how the management reply to all our feedbacks.
Kinda weird, the design. Wish to hack down the storeroom too! Haha

Aggie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the sales gallery this evening to raise my concern and I am expecting a call from the sales manager tomorrow. All the Mercury buyer must gather together so that the top management to hear our voice. Also, I told the sales why the master bath for Mercury did not provide vanity top, only a basin.

Hi all, I am also a Mercury buyer ^_^
I have been following this since Dec 2013 and thank you very much for all the info, that I decided to commit! Haha

kiddo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went to see the showhouse yday, am really disappointed with Neptune layout. The design is wasting too much space and the stairs is too wide. The layout is the worst among the 3. What other Neptune owners think?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went to see the showhouse yday, am really disappointed with Neptune layout. The design is wasting too much space and the stairs is too wide. The layout is the worst among the 3. What other Neptune owners think?

have you seen mercury?
neptune ground floor you got quite a lot of space. i thought it's ok.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I'm also a mercury buyer ^_^
I have been following this tread since December last year actually.

Let's see how the management reply to all our feedbacks.
Kinda weird, the design. Wish to hack down the storeroom too! Haha

welcome, another neighbour!

anyway heard from feedback and from setia sales people that they can't do much. mercury they are trying to take away the step on the first floor. that's about it.
myself and bro IST intend to go and see them in person, but our schedules are tight, not sure when we could do it together. The problem is that groundwork is already started for aurora, so major design change may not be possible?

kiddo

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you seen mercury?
neptune ground floor you got quite a lot of space. i thought it's ok.

Yes, I've seen all 3 repeatedly. The ground floor is OK but the stairs design is bad. It's too wide and long. Due to the head room required, the master bedroom space is compromised, the house has too many corners.

Aggie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry guys... i didn't know tht approval is needed to post here. Haha, that's why I posted same thing many times. Pai seh ah.

I had feedback to my sales person last Thursday, but until now haven't get any reply from them. Anyway, just to tell you all that the other forum (Chinese) there are a few mercury buyers also complaining about the design & want to gather everyone unhappy to have a dialogue session with the management.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was also wondering... The layout and dimensions are also in the SPA, which should has been signed 5 times.
well.. as they say - 'you live and learn' as you go along.

for myself, frankly i was more concerned about outside environment and surrounding taman, so put in effort there. didn't realize the layout was poor. on paper, i really didn't realize the staircase would cause the living room to look so tight :( basically i compared to some BI house and the builtup for mercury was larger (1969 sq ft). Hence, never expected this issue.

for the few other concerns, it was not stated in the SPA. for eg: the railing height at the balcony, the height wasn't specified. Also on the first floor, the extra step in the common area wasn't specified. also most of us assumed the bay area behind room 4 was for the washing machine. Evidently (as i'm led to believe from others' feedback) that's not the case.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
well.. as they say - 'you live and learn' as you go along.

for myself, frankly i was more concerned about outside environment and surrounding taman, so put in effort there. didn't realize the layout was poor. on paper, i really didn't realize the staircase would cause the living room to look so tight :( basically i compared to some BI house and the builtup for mercury was larger (1969 sq ft). Hence, never expected this issue.

for the few other concerns, it was not stated in the SPA. for eg: the railing height at the balcony, the height wasn't specified. Also on the first floor, the extra step in the common area wasn't specified. also most of us assumed the bay area behind room 4 was for the washing machine. Evidently (as i'm led to believe from others' feedback) that's not the case.

It should be very hard to change the staircase location at this stage, so I suggest you save your energy. An L-shape sofa at the bottom right of the living room, with an island coffee table and a TV-feature wall on the store's wall is the best layout I can think of: http://www.cascadia.com.my/images/gallery/mercury_fp_2.jpg For the washing machine and clothes dryer, they can be built into the kitchen cabinet. I'm taking inspiration from my 420 sqft mickey mouse apartment in Singapore :biggrin: