• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really look forward for the Aurora showflat since I know there will be no interior design.
which type you bought?
there will be ID for Jupiter, no ID for mercury and neptune. also can take a look at next phase aluvia showhouse. i can see aurora and aluvia show house from the seri austin road, they're side by side.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is the Mercury. I was told the show flat for Aurora will be delayed till Feb due to raining season.

If Setia is still constructing showflats, does it mean that there are a lot of units to be launched? Usually it is showflat first then launch.

traxxas

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Setia is still constructing showflats, does it mean that there are a lot of units to be launched? Usually it is showflat first then launch.

If I remember correctly, the last precinct is Alluvia , so after this have to wait and see got more residential roll out..I'm waiting for news for that commercial plot of land , maybe have high rise apartments..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, the last precinct is Alluvia , so after this have to wait and see got more residential roll out..I'm waiting for news for that commercial plot of land , maybe have high rise apartments..

commercial hub masterplan will have a school and two block of service apartments.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

last precinct of terraces is alluvia. there are still the cluster and semi d plots to the north of alluvia.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

not for aurora. setia was very late in building the showhouse (not flat! :smile: )

NB: latest. Tan Sri announced his resignation. last day apr 30.

Last edited:

kiddo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is the Mercury. I was told the show flat for Aurora will be delayed till Feb due to raining season.

I dropped by Setia sales office last Saturday to drop some docs for my banker and I was told that the show house will be ready in February. We will be given invitation by then. Looks like there will be some event.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia’s painful transition
By Doreen Leong
Wednesday, 29 Jan 2014, 12:00 AM

Will the fortunes of one of the country’s most profitable developers SP Setia Bhd change following the expected early departure of its charismatic president and CEO Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin and his key management team?

Given that the counter is trading at around RM2.90, below its takeover price of RM3.95 per share some two years ago, investors are apparently not too optimistic that SP Setia will remain a force to be reckoned with in the absence of Liew and his trusted lieutenants.

On Jan 20, Liew, Datuk Teow Leong Seng and Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye resigned from their positions as president and CEO, chief financial officer and non-independent, non-executive director respectively. Liew will leave on April 30 while Teow will stay on until July 31.

“While we think a large portion of the management risk is already factored into its share price, the upside may be capped in the near term by execution risk and the risk of more senior staff departures. We understand that about 15% of the 1,600-1,700 staff has left the company since 2013,” Maybank IB Research says in a recent note.

SP Setia’s share price has declined 4% year-to-date despite record unbilled sales of RM9.6 bil as at end of its financial year ended Oct 31, 2013. The counter closed at RM2.90 on Jan 22 with a market cap of RM7.1 bil.

While the share price might continue to slide on expectations of more senior staff departures, many believe the company will not ‘collapse’ without Liew. “It will be less entrepreneurial for sure, but it won’t collapse as there is still momentum which has been built over the years. It takes quite a while to destroy a brand,” says an analyst.

“The transition can be quite painful but as long as the new key management team does not shoot itself in the foot, the company should be alright. We have seen other companies which lost their charismatic leaders but went on to become stronger. It boils down to the capabilities of the rest of the team members,” he adds.

For example, Sunrise Bhd continued to do well financially three years after the takeover by Khazanah Nasional Bhd-owned UEM Land Holdings Bhd in 2010 despite losing the entrepreneurial Datuk Tong Kooi Ong.

For the full story, please subscribe to Focus Malaysia. - See more at: http://www.focusmalaysia.my/Mainstream/SP-Setia-s-painful-transition#sthash.azVRwcH6.dpuf