• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serie A Season 2011/2012

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday 1st December 2011

629713_33_preview.jpg

Capello: I won't be Inter coach

England manager Fabio Capello has ruled out the notion of being Inter Milan's coach, because of his love for AC Milan.

The Italian, who will step down as England manager after the 2012 European Championships, has been linked with a move home to Italy, but speaking at the Milan Fair, insisted that he would not consider Inter Milan.

"Milan is my team, I could never say yes to [Inter president Massimo] Moratti," he insisted. He did give Massimiliano Allegri some advice though.

Capello said: "Allegri must use his head, listen to everyone, but then make the final decisions himself. "And in Milan there are players like [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and [Clarence] Seedorf.

"The former, when he was at Juve, I showed him a tape of [Marco] van Basten and told him that was how he had to play.

"The latter, at Real [Madrid], I explained to him how he had to improve at hitting the target as he no longer wanted to do shooting practice at the end of each training session.

"Then there is Juve, who without the cups [this season] are very dangerous.

"Conte is a young man with so much determination and clear ideas. The squad seem to follow him to perfection and [Andrea] Pirlo is giving them something important.

"Then there's the new stadium: everyone feels at home there, from players to fans, [so that] is definitely a boost.

"So, yes, Juventus can get to the end on top," he concluded.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Juve, Milan seek to extend unbeaten runs

1 December 2011

12427296760.jpg

Serie A leaders Juventus will hope for an easier ride against Cesena after they had to come from behind to draw 3-3 at Napoli on Tuesday.

In a rescheduled match after the original fixture was called off due to a waterlogged pitch, it was Juve who were bogged down in midweek, trailing 3-1 at the Stadio San Paolo.
Marek Hamsik's goal and a Gordan Pandev brace saw Napoli leading comfortably with 20 minutes remaining in Naples.

But Marcelo Estigarribia and Simone Pepe found the back of the net late on to see Juve snatch a valuable point.
They lead Serie A by two points from champions AC Milan, and now have what appears a winnable home match against struggling Cesena on Sunday.

Romagna-based club Cesena sacked Marco Giampaolo last month, naming Daniele Arrigoni as his replacement.
The decision bore dividends; Arrigoni has led Cesena to two wins from their past three matches, which are the team's only victories from 12 matches played this season.

But despite enjoying their best form so far in 2011/12, they appear hard-pressed to trouble Juventus in Turin.
Coached by fan favourite Antonio Conte, Juve are yet to lose in the league this season and had won four matches in succession prior to the draw with Napoli.

Elsewhere, the chasing pack will look to keep pace with Conte's front runners.
Second-placed Milan, unbeaten in eight league games, travel to face Genoa on Friday night.Their cross-city rivals Inter Milan are in action a day later, when they host Udinese at San Siro. Inter go into the match with an unfamiliar billing as underdogs - they sit 12th on the table following a poor start to the season, while Udinese are flying high in third place, level on points with Milan.

On the same day, Lecce travel to face Napoli, who will be looking to recover from the disappointment of letting their two-goal lead slip against Juve.
Aside from Juve's meeting with Cesena, the pick of Sunday's matches sees an inconsistent Roma travel to face underperforming Fiorentina, with both teams in need of a win.

Elsewhere, Catania host Cagliari and Siena travel to Bologna.
Chievo are at home to Atalanta, while Palermo make the trip north to face Parma.Finally, fourth-placed Lazio await the visit of promoted Novara to the Stadio Olimpico for the only match on Monday.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Buffon: Neuer number one

2 December 2011

12427297470.jpg

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has stated that Germany shot-stopper Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world.

However, the Juventus man believes that his nation can reach the final of Euro 2012, and hopes to face the Gelsenkirchen native when they get there.

"Ciao Manuel. You are the best goalkeeper in the world, I hope that both of us are in the Euro final," Buffon said on Sky Sports.

Buffon also sent a light-hearted plea to his opposite number Neuer, eagerly anticipating a meeting between the two.

"Please don't take it badly, but I must win," Buffon said, in jest.
"I'm at the end of my career, you still have so much in front of you. I look forward to facing you."

Buffon, 33, was part of the Italy side that lifted the 2006 World Cup, but he has yet to add the European Championship to his trophy cabinet.

The 25-year-old Neuer, meanwhile, reached the 2010 World Cup semi-finals with Germany, and will participate in his first European Championships next year.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Allegri set to extend Milan deal

2 December 2011

12427297340.jpg

AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri expects to sign a new contract with the club that will keep him at San Siro until 2014.

The 44-year-old's current deal is set to expire at the end of the season, but the former Cagliari coach insists that he has no intention of walking away from the Rossoneri and that he has already agreed an extension with vice-president Adriano Galliani and owner Silvio Berlusconi.

"Galliani has said that I will stay until 2014 and I explained to both him and the president (Berlusconi) that it is my ambition to remain here," Allegri told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"On my part, there is no problem and it has never seemed to me that the situation could be any different."
"We just have to wait a while so that he can talk and define everything. It's true that (you don't know) until the contract is signed … but there is no problem."

Allegri established himself as one of the brightest young coaches in Serie A during a two-year spell with Cagliari before last summer switching to Milan, with whom he won the Scudetto in his first season at the helm.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Genoa 0 Milan 2

3 December 2011

12427297800.jpg

AC Milan moved to the top of the Serie A table thanks to a well-earned 2-0 win over Genoa on Friday.

Goals from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Antonio Nocerino in the second-half mean
Alberto Malesani's men have now lost three of their last four league games, andwill unsurprisingly pile the pressure on the former Bologna and Parma coach.

However, the match was almost subject of a premature abandonment just 12
minutes in, as tear gas was let off inside the Marassi in Genoa, whiledisturbances outside the stadium threatened to boil over.

Fortunately for supporters, referee Domenico Celi was permitted to resume
proceedings several minutes later, although no clear goalscoring chances were to be carved out in the subsequent 30 minutes of action.

Despite Genoa starting more positively, the incident seemed to have swung the
momentum in favour of Milan, who began with an early penalty shout after Nocerinowas felled by Marco Rossi.

The playmaking talents of Kevin-Prince Boateng and Ibrahimovic were frequently
on hand to orchestrate attacks and powering shots at goal for the reigning champions, but Sebastien Frey remained on his toes to keep the scores tied.

Genoa almost stole the initiative against the run of play when Thiago Silva's
wayward pass to Luca Antonini was intercepted by Giandomenico Mesto in the box,but the winger could only strike wide of Marco Amelia.

The second half sprung into life when Kakha Kaladze conceded a penalty after picking up a
second yellow and consequent red card for a clumsy challenge on Ibrahimovic,who got up to smash the spot-kick home after 55 minutes.

It ought to have been 2-0 to the Scudetto holders a minute past the hour mark,
but Robinho somehow ballooned over from a yard out with the goal at his mercy. Genoa's Marco Rossi also saw chance from close-range fallhis way, but he could only manage to squeeze his effort wide.

There was to be no surprise ending, however, as Milan sealed the three points
on 78 minutes. Boateng drilled a low cross into the box, which was metby Nocerino,who continued his prolific start to the campaign by slamming the ball past Frey.

The defeat sees Genoa fall to 10th place in the Serie A table, while Milan
could be usurped at the top if Juventus beat Cesena on Sunday.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Udinese see off Inter, Napoli on climb

4 December 2011

12427298480.jpg

Udinese pulled level with AC Milan on top of Serie A with a 1-0 win at Inter Milan, heaping further pressure on Inter coach Claudio Ranieri.

Mauricio Isla gave the visitors the lead midway through the second half, and Javier Zanetti was sent off - conceding a penalty - in the 85th minute, with Julio Cesar saving Antonio Di Natale's spot kick.

Udinese's Damiano Ferronetti received his marching orders three minutes later after he brought down Diego Milito in the box, but Giampaolo Pazzini blazed his 89th-minute penalty over the bar, much to the disappointment of the fans at San Siro.

The result sees Udinese climb to second, level on points with leaders AC Milan, while Inter sit 14th and four points above the relegation zone.
Elsewhere on Saturday, Napoli climbed to fifth place on the league table after posting a 4-2 win at home against Lecce.

A brace from Edinson Cavani and goals from Ezequiel Lavezzi and Blerim Dzemaili lifted Walter Mazzarri's side to a convincing win.
Lavezzi opened the scoring after 26 minutes, and when Uruguay forward Cavani scored seven minutes later the home side were well on their way.

Dzemaili made it 3-0 at half-time, but Lecce pulled one back early in the second half through Luis Murial.
Cavani's second - his seventh league goal of the season - eight minutes from time secured the win, with Daniele Corvia's injury-time goal no more than a consolation for the visitors.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

709448_10_preview.jpg
Conte: Title talk is premature
Juventus coach Antonio Conte knows there is a long way to go before the league-leading Bianconeri can entertain the thought of capturing the title.

717089_10_preview.jpg
Cavani: We can repeat last season's heroics
Edinson Cavani believes Napoli can repeat last season's brilliant performances, which saw them finish third in Serie A and qualify for the UEFA Champions League.

717085_10_preview.jpg
Ranieri gives credit to Udinese
Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri praised Udinese's resilience after their opponents recorded a 1-0 win over the Nerazzurri on Saturday.

717021_10_preview.jpg
Napoli cruise, Inter lose again
Udinese joined AC Milan at the top of Serie A with a 1-0 win over Inter Milan at the San Siro.

715647_10_preview.jpg
Juventus make contact with Damiao
Serie A outfit Juventus have reportedly initiated contact with the representatives of Internacional striker Leandro Damiao.

715609_10_preview.jpg
Montolivo agent refutes Milan links
Riccardo Montolivo will not leave Fiorentina for AC Milan in the January transfer window, according to the player's agent Giovanni Branchini.

715500_10_preview.jpg
De Ceglie: Juve intensity key
Juventus left-back Paolo De Ceglie insists the club will maintain their high intensity when Cesena visit the Serie A leaders on Sunday.

708921_10_preview.jpg
Agent warns Inter over Motta future
The agent of Thiago Motta has warned Inter Milan they risk losing him if the midfielder's contract is not sorted out.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mazzarri: We need to be more ruthless

4 December 2011

12427298560.jpg

Napoli boss Walter Mazzarri believes his side made their 4-2 win over Lecce harder than it should have been in Serie A on Saturday.Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani struck a brace at Stadio San Paolo as Napoli moved into fifth and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.

But, having given up 2-0 and 3-1 leads in a 3-3 draw with Juventus on Tuesday, they allowed strugglers Lecce to pull within a goal on two separate occasions in Saturday's win.
Mazzarri said he wanted his team to maintain focus for 90 minutes to ensure they had less trouble putting teams away.

"Lecce caused us problems, especially in the first half when they were working so hard. Then our goal broke the deadlock. In fairness, the result was too heavy on Lecce considering the way the match went," he said.
"We need to improve in some situations, especially when we are in the lead and think we've finished off the game."

"Just as we did on Tuesday against Juventus, we made life more complicated for ourselves than it needed to be."
"You can never let go for a second in modern football or you will get punished."

Argentina forward Ezequiel Lavezzi and midfielder Blerim Dzemaili netted either side of a Cavani goal to send Napoli into the break 3-0 up, before Colombian Luis Muriel brought last-placed Lecce back into the contest.

Cavani restored the two-goal advantage and substitute Daniele Corvia's 94th-minute effort proved to be a mere consolation for Eusebio Di Francesco's side.
Mazzarri said he had already turned his attentions to Wednesday's crucial Champions League clash against Villarreal in Spain.

"I barely have time to celebrate because there is no respite between one game and another," he said.
"But I am old and experienced enough to keep celebrations to a minimum anyway and make sure the players keep their feet on the ground."

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Enrique no ´dictator´ over Osvaldo punishment

4 December 2011

12427298430.jpg

Roma coach Luis Enrique believes he is no dictator, defending the decision to fine and suspend striker Pablo Osvaldo.

The Italy striker was banned for 10 days for punching team-mate Erik Lamela after November 25's 2-0 defeat to Udinese in the Serie A, meaning Osvaldo will miss Sunday's trip to face Fiorentina.

"The easiest thing to do would have been just to impose a fine and take a bit of money off the player, but that's just not possible," the coach told reporters on Saturday.
"It would have been better for us to have Osvaldo in Florence tomorrow but he won't be there. I don't want events like this to be repeated in the future."

"I am not a dictator. Osvaldo is the striker who has played the most this season but Roma are a group and everyone must understand there are rules that must be respected. Those rules apply to everybody."

The defeat to Udinese leaves the club in seventh place in Serie A, with the former Barcelona B coach under pressure due to Roma's off-season spending.
But the 41-year-old believes the team's supporters are behind him and the team and claimed he is not met any fans who want to see him dismissed.

"The newspapers may say some things but I've never heard a bad word when meeting the fans. We know the results count, but I don't try to be either popular or unpopular. I just try to be myself and do my work," Enrique said.
"

Undoubtedly there are leaders, but I don't want to talk about individuals. I have to simply make my choices thinking about the team. Those who don't play just have to work harder."
Roma have lost five of their 12 league games this campaign, and they sit 10 points behind leaders AC Milan.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Conte rues Pirlo ban

3 December 2011

12427298210.jpg

Juventus coach Antonio Conte said Andrea Pirlo's for Sunday's game against Cesena due to suspension, is a vital blow. The Turin giants could return to the top of the table if they win at home this weekend but the absence of off-season signing Pirlo will impact Juve's approach to the fixture.

Juventus also have Giorgio Chiellini, Simone Pepe, Arturo Vidal and Leonardo Bonucci a booking away from suspension, but Conte maintains he is not worried about any upcoming suspensions.
"Pirlo is a very important player and man for this club, but whoever plays tomorrow will have my utmost faith," the former Siena coach told reporters in his press conference.

"It's true Pirlo is an example, but the team will play at 120 per cent to ensure he is not missed. As for the others on a yellow card, that doesn't interest me. Cesena are worth as many points as any other, so we must win."
Conte was also keen to play down his team's impressive start to the season, stating that their aim was to show that the side were competitive again.

"Juventus were coming off two consecutive seventh-place finishes so it wasn't right to put us among the Scudetto favourites," Conte added.
"My first objective was to make Juventus competitive again, therefore to have credibility in the eyes of fans and opponents.

That objective has been achieved. Now the second step is to confirm our competitive nature in the long run."
"If we can hit that target too, then we can start to think about other ambitions."Juventus are the only unbeaten side in Serie A this season after winning seven and drawing five of their opening 12 league fixtures.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Juve return to top, Roma´s red mist

5 December 2011

12427298880.jpg

Juventus regained Serie A's top spot after defeating Cesena 2-0 on Sunday, while Roma had three players sent off in a loss to Fiorentina.

AC Milan's 2-0 win at Genoa on Friday had momentarily sent them to the top of the standings, but Antonio Conte's side quickly reclaimed the lead with victory over second-bottom Cesena.

Juventus did not have it easy, however, with the match goalless for the first hour.
It took Chilean Arturo Vidal and Italian Claudio Marchisio - two of Juve's best players this season - to combine for the opener with 18 minutes to play, with the former laying on the assist for Marchisio to finish.

With nine minutes left, Cesena lost goalkeeper Francesco Antonioli to a straight red card, with Vidal scoring from the spot to seal victory for the hosts.

Roma finished with eight men as they were defeated 3-0 by Fiorentina in Florence.
Brazilian defender Juan was sent off after 16 minutes, with the resultant penalty tucked away by Stevan Jovetic, before Alessandro Gamberini doubled the hosts' lead just before half-time.

Argentine Fernando Gago received a second yellow card with 14 minutes to play before Spaniard Bojan was shown a straight red card in the dying stages, which led to another penalty.
That spot-kick was converted by Santiago Silva, as Roma lost their fifth match in their last eight.

In other results, Victor Ibarbo's second-half goal gave Cagliari a 1-0 win at Catania, Marco di Vaio scored the only goal of the game as Bologna toppled Siena 1-0 and Chievo and Atalanta played out a scoreless draw.

In Sunday's later game, Parma and Palermo played out a 0-0 stalemate in a match hampered by fog. The result did little for either side's ambitions, with Parma 12th and visitors Palermo staying sixth.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monday 5th December 2011

717819_33_preview.jpg

Del Piero to spend night in hospital

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero will spend the night in hospital after needing eight stitches to close a facial wound suffered during Sunday's win over Cesena.

Del Piero was caught in the face with a high boot from Cesena defender Marco Rossi after coming on as a substitute for Mirko Vucinic in Juve's 2-0 win. The club veteran had only been on the pitch for around eight minutes before the unfortunate incident which forced him to leave the game on a stretcher.

A member of Juve's physio team managed to stop the bleeding with eight stitches to Del Piero's left temple. The club have released a statement confirming that the 37-year-old has been admitted to hospital for further treatment.

"He never lost consciousness and the wound was sewn up at the stadium with eight stitches," the club said in a statement.

"Our captain will however be taken to hospital for the normal controls."

News agency Ansa reported that a CAT scan has ruled out any other complications, adding that Del Piero will remain in hospital overnight as a precautionary measure. Del Piero's contract at Juve expires at the end of the season and he will not be offered a deal to stay with the Serie A leaders.

However, his last season at the club could prove to one of his most fondest as the Bianconeri have struggled to reclaim their position amongst Italy's elite after being relegated to Serie B following the Calciopoli scandal.

Sunday's win over Cesena lifted them two points clear of AC Milan and Udinese at the top of the Serie A summit.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We´re all to blame, says Motta

5 December 2011

12427298890.jpg

Inter midfielder Thiago Motta says he is at a loss to explain why his team performed so poorly in their 1-0 loss to Udinese on Saturday.

Striker Giampaolo Pazzini had a chance to steal a draw for Inter from the penalty spot late in the game after Mauricio Isla had earlier put Udinese ahead.
But Pazzini missed his spot-kick, condemning Claudio Ranieri's men to their sixth Serie A defeat this season.

Motta said there can be no excuses for the loss and urged Inter to move forward, refusing to blame Pazzini for spurning the chance to salvage a point for his side.
"Things happen, but missing the penalty wasn't the problem. We had 95 other minutes to score," Motta told Inter's official website.

"But I am sorry for Giampaolo because he gave it his all."
"We're the first to blame for this and we have to change. We can't make any more mistakes."Motta said it was important that players and fans stick together as Inter try to recover from their worst start to a league campaign in recent memory."

"Finding an explanation now for what happened isn't easy. We have to stick together, keep our heads down and get on with playing," he said.
"There's little to be said, talking doesn't get you anywhere. We have to do the talking on the pitch. Now we need the fans' support even more."

"They (Udinese) caught us on the break and won the game, that's all there is to say."
Inter are languishing in 15th on the Serie A table and welcome CSKA Moscow to the San Siro for Wednesday's Champions League encounter.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Enrique: I will quit if players want me out

5 December 2011

12427299120.jpg

Under-fire Roma coach Luis Enrique admits he will walk away from the job if he has lost the support of his players.

The capital club slipped to eighth in Serie A following a 3-0 loss to Fiorentina on Sunday in which three of their players were sent off.
The defeat follows a horror week for the club with Pablo Daniel Osvaldo suspended and fined 50,000 euros for punching team-mate Erik Lamela in the locker room after their loss to Udinese.

On Sunday, Roma fans chanted for Enrique - who took over as head coach in June on a two-year contract - to quit but he vowed to continue working hard in a bid to repay their faith in the club.
Asked in his post-match press conference if he would resign if they lost next Monday's clash with Juventus, Enrique said:

"You'd have to ask the players that, probably without the microphone on, because on record they'll all say the same thing."
"If I feel that the players aren't following me anymore, then I will leave, but that is not what I see right now.""I'm not here to stay gripped to the bench, I don't like to work for money."

"I am here because the club has faith in me, but if I see that the players do not follow my lead then I will act accordingly. But you'd have to ask them."
Juan, Fernando Gago and Bojan Krkic were all sent off against Fiorentina as Roma lost their second match in a row."

"Francesco Totti made his return from an ankle injury but was left on the bench for the entire game.
"Francesco is the best player in the history of Roma, so it's normal the fans call for him," Enrique said."I like this rapport between fans and players. As for me, I continue along my path and do my work. In football things don't always go the way you think they should."

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cosmi appointed Lecce coach

5 December 2011

12427299100.jpg

Lecce have confirmed the appointment of Serse Cosmi, after sacking Eusebio Di Francesco.

A statement posted on the club's website on Sunday revealed the trainer, who has had coaching stints at Perugia, Udinese and Palermo in Serie A, will take charge immediately.

"US Lecce announces that it has resolved today the partnership with Eusebio Di Francesco who want to express, together with his staff, our heartfelt gratitude for the work carried out so far with total dedication and professional competence," read a statement on the club's official website on Sunday.

"US Lecce have also announced that it has reached an agreement with Serse Cosmi for the technical operation of the first team."
Di Francesco, a former Italy international, had previously enjoyed a positive spell in Serie B with Pescara before arriving at Lecce in June. But he lost nine of his 13 games in charge, with Lecce's three-straight losses plunging the side to the bottom of the table at the time of his dismissal.

Di Francesco becomes the seventh managerial casualty in Serie A this season, following Roberto Donadoni, Massimo Ficcadenti, Gian Piero Gasperini, Pierpaolo Bisoli, Marco Giampaolo and Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Lazio 3 Novara 0

6 December 2011

12427299610.jpg

Lazio have strengthened their spot in fourth on the Serie A table, after a comfortable 3-0 victory over Novara on Monday.First-half strikes from Giuseppe Biava and Tommaso Rocchi put Edy Reja's side in command at the Stadio Olimpico, with the latter adding a third after half-time to move Lazio to within four points of leaders Juventus.

In a rather subdued atmosphere in Rome, it was Lazio that did all of the running in the early exchanges and it was no surprise when their superiority was awarded with the breakthrough on 16 minutes.
A teasing corner from Hernanes dropped into the penalty area just six yards from goal and onto the head of defender Biava, who duly bulleted home past helpless Novara goalkeeper Samir Ujkani.

Seven minutes later and the match was effectively over as a contest, such was Lazio's dominance over their opponents.
This time, it was Cristian Ledesma with a swerving delivery from a set piece, and Rocchi leapt to glance into the net from close range.There was no letup from the hosts in the second half, as the gulf in quality between the sides became all the more apparent.

Hernanes drilled a shot just wide of the target before Miroslav Klose was guilty of a horrendous miss, rounding Ujkani but somehow skewing his effort wide of the empty goal.
But victory was sealed by the impressive Rocchi on 72 minutes.The veteran striker collected the ball in the centre of the pitch and, after a neat piece of skill, sprayed the ball wide to Alvaro Gonzalez.

Rocchi then continued his run into the area to meet the Uruguayan's cross sweetly on the volley to slam into the net.
Djibril Cisse was given a late cameo to allow Rocchi to receive the acclaim of the appreciative home support.

The Frenchman, who has lost his place in the side of late, almost added his name to the scoresheet, but his measured finish rebounded from the inside of the post, with Ujkani beaten.
Novara's fate, however, had already been sealed. They find themselves languishing in 18th spot in the table, while Lazio can look upwards and the possibility of a surprise title challenge.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

718314_10_preview.jpg
Ibrahimovic: I'm stronger than Messi
AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic feels that he can prove himself to be world's best footballer despite not being nominated for the FIFA Ballon d'Or.

672598_10_preview.jpg
"Juve want to rule Italy and Europe"
Elegant Juventus playmaker Andrea Pirlo has declared that the Turin powerhouse are ready to return to the upper echelons of Serie A and continental football.

718219_10_preview.jpg
Enrique: I will leave if players lose faith
Embattled Roma tactician Luis Enrique has conceded that he will walk away from the Giallorossi post if his charges lose faith in his managerial abilities.

681788_10_preview.jpg
Milan allowed to speak to Tevez agent
Manchester City have given AC Milan permission to speak to Carlos Tevez's representative, according to the Italian club's vice-president Adriano Galliani.

681788_10_preview.jpg
Boateng: Tevez perfect for Milan
Kevin-Prince Boateng has described the prospect of Carlos Tevez moving to AC Milan as "perfect".

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tuesday 6th December 2011

672598_33_preview.jpg

"Juve want to rule Italy and Europe"
Elegant Juventus playmaker Andrea Pirlo has declared that the Turin powerhouse are ready to return to the upper echelons of Serie A and continental football.

Juventus last tasted league glory during the 2002/2003 season with their 2004/2005 and 2005/2006 Scudetto crowns stripped off after the devastating Calciopoli corruption scandal which culminated in the club being relegated to Serie B during the 2006/2007 campaign.

Their last European conquest stretches way further back during the 1995-1996 season when they claimed the Champions League crown after their penalty-shootout triumph over Dutch giants Ajax.

With the club having stagnated for the past couple of seasons following their recovery from the corruption scandal, former AC Milan schemer Pirlo believes that the time is now ripe for Juventus to return to their rightful throne as one of Europe's most cultured outfits.

"Juventus want to reign in Italy and Europe once more and that's a challenge I want to be part of. Right from the moment I arrived at Juve, I could immediately sense the club's will to win, the determination to go as far as possible as quickly as possible," Pirlo said to Fifa.com.

"The coach, the club and the players are all on the same wavelength. From my personal experience, I think we've got all the ingredients for success." Although Juventus are currently leading the Serie A pack under the guidance of former skipper Antonio Conte, Pirlo is adamant that his teammates have to firmly keep their feet on the ground.

"It's still too soon to tell whether we can win the Serie A title and, to be honest, I don't even think we should be thinking about that yet. "Juve have finished in seventh place for the past two seasons, so we need to keep our feet on the ground, keep working hard and continue playing the way we've been doing since the start of the campaign."

Juventus are two points clear of second-placed rivals Milan, having registered an impressive 29 points from a maximum 39.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Roma threat to Juve´s lead

8 December 2011

12427301020.jpg

League leaders Juventus face a huge clash with rivals Roma as they aim to keep top spot in Serie A, while AC Milan meet Bologna.Antonio Conte's unbeaten Juventus travel to Stadio Olimpico as favourites, but will be wary of the threat posed by eighth-placed Roma.Juventus have made a bright start to their campaign, scoring 24 times and conceding 10 in their opening 13 matches.

Midfielder Claudio Marchisio and striker Alessandro Matri have been particularly impressive up front with six goals each.
But with Argentine-born Italian attacker Pablo Osvaldo (five goals) keen to regain his scoring touch after a relatively quiet recent patch, an undermanned Roma are sure to be fierce opponents.

Osvaldo, 25, struck three times in the opening five games, but has been quiet since - netting once in his last six outings.
He returns from suspension against Juventus after Roma coach Luis Enrique banned him for the clash with Fiorentina because he allegedly punched a team-mate.Roma will be weakened for the clash after three of their players - Juan, Fernando Gago and Bojan Krkic - were red-carded in the 3-0 loss to Fiorentina.

AC Milan, who sit second two points adrift of top, are likely to ensure the pressure is on Juventus with a win against Bologna on Sunday.
Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten in eight league matches since a 2-0 loss to Juventus, largely thanks to the form of Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic (eight goals).

Elsewhere, Inter Milan can continue their slow climb up table when they meet Fiorentina on Saturday.
Claudio Ranieri's men made a poor start to their campaign, and have stumbled into 15th after winning two of their last three league games.The clash against Fiorentina shapes as another opportunity for Inter to move up the table, with Delio Rossi's side sitting just two points clear of them in 10th.

Lazio should keep in touch with the top three with a win at bottom-placed Lecce, who have suffered three straight losses, on Saturday.
Third-placed Udinese will be out to extend their unbeaten run in all competitions to four matches when they welcome Chievo to Stadio Friuli.

Napoli travel to strugglers Novara on Sunday, while sixth-placed Palermo host relegation battlers Cesena on Saturday.
Atalanta, coming off three consecutive draws, will look to return to winning ways when they meet Catania on Sunday.Siena and Genoa can move further clear of the drop zone when they clash on Saturday, while Cagliari host Parma on Sunday.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

695808_10_preview.jpg
Report: Farfan on Inter Milan radar
Serie A giants Inter Milan are reportedly weighing up a January move for Schalke winger Jefferson Farfan.

719553_10_preview.jpg
Pazzini: Next four games crucial
Inter Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini believes that the four games before the winter break will define the rest of their Serie A campaign.

692140_10_preview.jpg

AC Milan hopeful over Tevez deal

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani remains hopeful the club can agree a loan deal for Carlos Tevez despite reported interest from Paris St Germain.

672059_10_preview.jpg
Udinese set to fly; Inter cautious
Udinese forward Antonio Di Natale has called on his team-mates not to get carried away by their position in the Serie A standings ahead of their clash with Chievo.

672466_10_preview.jpg
Agent: Milito staying at Inter Milan
Diego Milito's agent insists his client will not leave Inter Milan in the January transfer window despite constant speculation on the striker's future.

707177_10_preview.jpg
De Rossi: Roma need a miracle
Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi has conceded that it would take nothing short of a “miracle” for his side to break into the top three in this Serie A campaign.

653010_10_preview.jpg

Marchisio never thought of leaving
Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has spoken out about the rumours linking him with a move away from the club last summer.

719148_10_preview.jpg

Bojan: Chelsea, Spurs were after me

Spanish forward Bojan reveals that both Chelsea and Tottenham had been keen on signing him, before he decided to join Roma this summer.

656982_10_preview.jpg
Dzeko to Juve rumour denied
The agent of Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has rubbished reports suggesting his client would be interested in a move to Juventus.

633088_10_preview.jpg
Agent: Long way to go on Tevez
Giuseppe Riso, a FIFA agent working as an intermediary in Carlos Tevez's proposed move to AC Milan, says there is a "long way to go" before the deal is done.

717414_10_preview.jpg
Juventus suffer Vucinic injury blow
Juventus will be without striker Mirko Vucinic until the new year through injury.

702704_10_preview.jpg

Cosmi confident Lecce will survive
New Lecce coach Serse Cosmi is confident he can guide the club away from the Serie A drop zone.