• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Senior suffers eye injury after mistaking glue for eye drop

Falling

Alfrescian
Loyal

Senior suffers eye injury after mistaking glue for eye drop

Shanghai Daily, September 28, 2015

Doctors warned elderly people not to take eye drops randomly without consulting professionals and must be cautious while using eye drops after a 62-year-old local woman suffered eye injury after using glue as eye drop by mistake.

The woman surnamed Wang was rushed to the hospital after using the glue and doctors said her eyes were red and swollen because of a chemical burn on the cornea on the left eye.

"Since she was sent to the hospital in time, her left eye was avoid from being blind," said Dr Wang Ping from Shanghai Xinshijie Eye Hospital today. "We can receive one or two such cases every month. Many elderly people took different drops as eye drops by mistake."

Experts said about 60 percent of elderly people have eye problems like cataract, glaucoma and fundus disease. Many elderly people use eye drops by themselves to relieve symptoms instead of visiting doctors.

"Long-term and inappropriate use of eye drops can harm cornea and even cause some eye diseases," Wang said. "Eye drops abuse can cause negative effects, as many eye drops contain hormone and preservatives."

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
human glue should be non toxic no?

Non toxic means eat already will not die...but it does not mean applied on sensitive parts of the body it will not cause damages to the parts... immerse your lan jiao into a can of glue and see what happens :confused:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
lucky not super glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
else blind till the cyano acrylate wears off which is a long

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
it has to be a tiong tale to make this credible.

My story also credible,,,,,my heli-copter wife ( chinese ed) mistook Clearasil as toothpaste..use it and then tell me later it taste funny.

And then 3-in-one coffee....she thought it is meant to be used three times..so one sachet she uses it three times..Just love her for that. help me to cut down sugar and 3 times less likely to get diabetes.