• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently the development by Mah Sing. Meridian at Senibong is abandoned due to not able to get approval from the surrounding developers on some Road access.

A bit unfortunate as it will be good to have some deep pocket developers around that region. Seems like only Walker and BRDB will be active currently.

Anyone know of any other developers committed in that location?

I thot the land abuts the highway and should have not problem on accessibility? Surely they won't simply be abandoning the land as they just acquired it few months back. More likely to be modifications to the plans and therefore launch delays.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah Sing terminates RM4.3b project

Oct 1, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my Mah Sing Group Bhd is terminating its RM4.3 billion Meridian@Senibong project in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, after failing to obtain written consent from neighbouring developers for the development of road accesses.

Notably, the proposed project was supposed to feature a hotel, serviced residences, a street mall and a retail podium.

On 28 May 2013, the group agreed to buy the 14.1 ha land in Plentong for RM365.6 million provided shareholders consent to the acquisition and it manages to secure the written consent from the developers of land neighbouring the said project.

While the group's shareholders had approved the acquisition, the written consent of neighbouring developers could not be secured yesterday, which is the last day for the fulfilment of conditions under the sale and purchase agreement (SPA).

“Due to the non-fulfilment of this conditions precedent (CP), Mah Sing has sent a notice of termination of the SPA to the vendor in accordance with the terms of the SPA,” revealed the group.

Despite the termination of the project, Mah Sing noted that it will continue to look for good landbank in major economic zones of Sabah, Greater Kuala Lumpur and the Klang Valley.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thot the land abuts the highway and should have not problem on accessibility? Surely they won't simply be abandoning the land as they just acquired it few months back. More likely to be modifications to the plans and therefore launch delays.

Mah Sing terminated the SPA. so no sale.

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm ok. Was wondering....the jerry near the clubhouse phase1 development, can residentsuse it to access the river?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah sure hope so. Wish to bring my kayak there for a ride.

I was told the phase 1 boardwalk along the river has 'opening hours', beyond which only phase 1 residents can access for security reasons apparently. Does anyone know the 'opening hours'? It's a lovely stretch to jog - probably a good 0.8-1km?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told the phase 1 boardwalk along the river has 'opening hours', beyond which only phase 1 residents can access for security reasons apparently. Does anyone know the 'opening hours'? It's a lovely stretch to jog - probably a good 0.8-1km?
Woooo thats news to me. I thought double gated and the boardwalk is senibong common area. You mean at night cannot paktor unless you are ph1 resident?

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too sure about opening hours..u sure about it being open to other phase residents?

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember seeing a map showing what are common area and if I remember correctly the boardwalk is common area.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went down to Senibong yesterday. Beautiful weather. Saw that the island development is progressing quite well.

It's encouraging to see that they are hard at work digging up the debris from the river bed to clear up the Crap that's turning the water Black.

It's ridiculous the amount of rubbish that I saw. I dunno how to attach the photos here though.

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went down to Senibong yesterday. Beautiful weather. Saw that the island development is progressing quite well.

It's encouraging to see that they are hard at work digging up the debris from the river bed to clear up the Crap that's turning the water Black.

It's ridiculous the amount of rubbish that I saw. I dunno how to attach the photos here though.

Did u snap any pictures of it? B-)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did but dunno how to attach photos here using my phone. But the barge that they were using was filled with black stuff. I assume that it was just decomposed material that deposited over the years on the river bed causing the water to turn brackish.

On a side note apparently the land slightly further down from Senibong Cove has been taken over by the property arm of Charles and Keith. They are branching into property development as well. The concept is very similar to Senibong Cove and is about20% owned by Walker group. Interesting. Think that the western side might be too expensive for new developers to enter. However it's a good sign that pple are starting to see value here.

Apparently the development concept plan seems to be done by Swan and Maclaren. Which is the oldest architect from in Singapore. They designed most of iconic historic buildings in Singapore like the Raffles hotel. Let's see what they can do over there.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was crossing the causeway in direction of Sg yesterday and noticed I could actually see SC from the JB end. However the view gets progressively obstructed by the senoko facility as u make ur way down towards woodlands.