• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sembawang Coffeeshop Pioneers Self-Service For Toasted Bread! Toast Your Own Bread, You Lazy Motherfuckers!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2cWMi56.jpg

咖啡店不再提供烤面包服务,顾客付钱买烤面包,到头来却得到烘烤机处自己烤,有顾客为此表不满,不解为何花的是“烤面包”的价格,到手的却是没烤过的面包,要吃烤面包还得自己来。

一名不愿具名的读者日前向《联合晚报》申诉,指三巴旺弯第361座职总富食客咖啡店,七月中旬突然在茶水摊位前张挂告示,指“为了加快服务速度,减少客人等候时间,咖啡店不再提供烤面包,改为自助服务,顾客可以使用摆放在饮料摊位前的烤箱,自行烤面包,若需要帮忙可询问职员,若有不便之处请见谅。”

读者受访时说:“烤面包的价格是两片一元两角,以往是烤好抹上酱料后才交给顾客,现在直接涂酱料,再让顾客自己烤,省了烘烤这层工序的白面包价格照旧,有点说不过去。”

该读者也说,实行自助后,烘烤机每到繁忙时间就会有人排队,大家人手两片面包,就是等着烤面包。

记者8月4日早上10时到咖啡店实地勘察时,发现好些顾客买了面包才发现要自己动手烤,最后都改变主意吃白面包。

顾客林福俊(48岁,销售员)付钱后才知道得自己烤面包,最后嫌麻烦,直接把涂了酱料的白面包吃下肚。”

顾客李先生(55岁,司机)也说,很多年长顾客都不会用烤箱,就算站到烤箱前,也不知该如何动手。“很多人都不知道该怎么使用烤箱,职员忙起来也没时间过来提供协助。年长者和小孩子烤面包时也很容易烫伤,有一定的危险。”

完整报道,请翻阅2019年8月11日的《联合晚报》。

https://www.zaobao.com/znews/singapore/story20190811-980074?utm_source=ZB_iPhone&utm_medium=share

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try to not give your money to CUNT businesses wherever possible. :wink:

If like this, might as well close all kopitiams and food courts, and run them like SAF-style mess halls. Everyone get a tray and a plate, bowl, mug, cutlery. Queue up in a line and just receive whatever food served to you. After finished eating, clear the tables yourselves, and if possible, wash the plates and cutlery yourselves.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Want to make people DIY must provide this type of toaster mah:

bread-toaster-500x500.jpg
for sinkies this type of toaster will cause fights as unker 1 will claim unker 2 steals his slices while unker 3 steals all as ah tiong chiobu walks by distracting unkers 1 and 2. and then auntie 1 will chope toaster with tissue packet while auntie 2 boh song douses it with saliva by pui chow nua. best for sinkies is to get a maid to do it. :tongue:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like tat might as well eat at home
eat at home not the same. sinkies' home too cluttered and spartan. no toaster. no microwave oven. no oven. dining nook non-sexistent. no scenery. no outdoor alfresco atmosphere. no low cut short skirt busty chiobu to stare at. even if kopi well brewed and kaya toast bagus also buay shiok. stare at wall with calendar that reminds you of your pending old age and death, plus insult is added to injury when cpf withdrawal date is marked in red but not a penny can be cashed out.

at least in napa, i can toast the morning to the sun's rays, the rolling uninhabited hills that provide an sexcellent backdrop, the vineyards that are ripening with grapes, the fresh, cool and clean air and breeze, and most important no annoying low ses heartland bengs and lians drinking bubble tea from a plastic bag.
5RezCqv8SWmlCsKGc%dbKw.jpg
WTuQCBgkQOWj2N8qdNjHtw.jpg

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Why cannot even toast your own bread at home...must go coffee shop and buy?
Yep. This I agree. 10 sachets of Hock Kopi O Kosong cost $1. 10cents per sachet only.

Just put sachet in my Thermos, add hot water. Done. :biggrin:

kosong-standup-small.png

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
does this pass NEA standards? it doesn't seem very hygienic to me. aren't all food handlers required to pass some food safety handling course? i see many potential points of contamination due to public usage. all it takes is one uncle with TB to hack over the area and we have a new epidemic on our hands.

i urge the NEA to give guidance on this issue.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time, satay stalls also same rules.
YOU grill the satay sticks yourself.

Same for roti prata.
YOU flip and do yourself.