• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Security screening of Senior Civil Servants

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am concerned that the standards may have dropped where the screening of senior civil servants are concerned. These are ranking Mandarins who have or will have access to state secrets and therefore the issue of national security and interests comes into play.

I understand that one has AC/DC tendencies which have been known for sometime. Apparently the wife is also aware and makes it known to others. This is not about sexual inclination, gay rights or matters that are personal in nature. If these are done in a clandestine nature than we are looking at opportunities for compromise.

Lets not speculate who it is as it involves careers and personal family life but the authorities should do a review. I have no issues with Stat boards, GLCs but the Civil Service is a whole different ballgame.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more concerned about foreigner immigrants who now/will took up important senior posts in the civil sector.
We don't know who they are what they did before they came here.
So these group must be screened more thoroughly.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no smoke without fire...more juice pls..I am salivating already.

I am concerned that the standards may have dropped where the screening of senior civil servants are concerned. These are ranking Mandarins who have or will have access to state secrets and therefore the issue of national security and interests comes into play.

I understand that one has AC/DC tendencies which have been known for sometime. Apparently the wife is also aware and makes it known to others. This is not about sexual inclination, gay rights or matters that are personal in nature. If these are done in a clandestine nature than we are looking at opportunities for compromise.

Lets not speculate who it is as it involves careers and personal family life but the authorities should do a review. I have no issues with Stat boards, GLCs but the Civil Service is a whole different ballgame.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try screening an ex prc commie party member who obtained spg scholarship and new citizenship :biggrin::(

I am more concerned about foreigner immigrants who now/will took up important senior posts in the civil sector.
We don't know who they are what they did before they came here.
So these group must be screened more thoroughly.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore: It's In to Be Out

is this suppose to be news???

or did some just wake from his hibernation?
Singapore will do "whatever it takes" to attract talent, says Vivian Balakrishnan, the government official in charge of the Remaking Singapore Committee. As part of that effort, repressive government policies previously enforced in the name of social stability are being relaxed. The city now boasts seven saunas catering almost exclusively to gay clients, for example, something unthinkable even a few years ago. There are a sprinkling of gay bars, and many dance clubs set aside one night each week for gay customers. Prime Minister Goh says his government now allows gay employees into its ranks, even in sensitive positions. The change in policy, inspired at least in part by the desire not to exclude talented foreigners who are gay, is being implemented without fanfare, Goh says, to avoid raising the hackles of more-conservative Singaporeans. "So let it evolve, and in time the population will understand that some people are born that way," Goh says. "We are born this way and they are born that way, but they are like you and me.

-- A Lion in Winter, Time magazine, 7 July 2003.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501030707/sea_singapore4.html

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...that is why i worship the cockeral......just post something and the super idol will start to salivate....
my idol.....pse don't left us hanging for so many days....give it us......we are waiting for the orgasm......lol.

maxxieb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore: It's In to Be Out

is this suppose to be news???

or did some just wake from his hibernation?
Singapore will do "whatever it takes" to attract talent, says Vivian Balakrishnan, the government official in charge of the Remaking Singapore Committee. As part of that effort, repressive government policies previously enforced in the name of social stability are being relaxed. The city now boasts seven saunas catering almost exclusively to gay clients, for example, something unthinkable even a few years ago. There are a sprinkling of gay bars, and many dance clubs set aside one night each week for gay customers. Prime Minister Goh says his government now allows gay employees into its ranks, even in sensitive positions. The change in policy, inspired at least in part by the desire not to exclude talented foreigners who are gay, is being implemented without fanfare, Goh says, to avoid raising the hackles of more-conservative Singaporeans. "So let it evolve, and in time the population will understand that some people are born that way," Goh says. "We are born this way and they are born that way, but they are like you and me.

-- A Lion in Winter, Time magazine, 7 July 2003.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501030707/sea_singapore4.html

Bro thanks for putting up this article, but the link no longer works.
This shows that PAP are desperate in attracting talents to their party. They failed to attract enough good men and women to their party.
So bobian got to find in the army,NTUC,MAS and all government department you could think of...not talent also say is talent!!!
BTW lau goh didnt get his facts right. Not gays are born this way....in fact majority of them is being influenced by friends or medicine.

lucifer666

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can the appointment of Demond chew be explained? Which lunatic pushed him into the political arena? They surely must know who his great relative was. How did he even expect to get anywhere with that nugget in the background?

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal

MCYS has many gay civil servants and that is an open secret. What is your point?

What if a gay politician is elected and becomes a Minister in the future? Unless you are suggesting gays are not privileged to state secrets. Vincent Wijeysingha should retire.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to clarify - AC/DC does not mean gay. Gays are perfectly acceptable in the civil service. AC/DC are a security concern even in the liberal first world country especially if they are married and still screwing around in a high risk manner. The marriage is a cover so deception comes into play. The deception alone is not the issue but it does indicate susceptibility to compromise to keep the deception going.

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Individuals with gay tendencies get married so they can continue to function in social respectability. They need to have "beards" so they can be called men. So the deception could on the one hand be self-serving, but could it not also be exploited for mutual political gains?

Last edited: