• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Security Guard Owed Salary, Can't Get Help At MOM

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, this relief guard working for Aspect Security Management Pte Ltd failed to obtain owed wages from his employer. And after going to MOM, he was told that our Ministry of Manpower cannot help him in any way, as he's an independent contractor.

A police report was filed, but I doubt that will be helpful when it comes to recovering owed wages.

I am sad to say that this is a common enough story in our industry. In 2003, when I was working as the assistant supervisor at a mall, the guards there were suffering from the same problem. They continued to work only because their employer at the time was buying nasi lemak for them.

At least they weren't going to starve if they went to work.

I remember one of the guards complaining that there were no chicken wings in the nasi lemak.

For the full story on Relief Guard vs. Aspect Security, you can visit this link:

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/my-boss-refuses-pay-my-salary-mom-says-they-cannot-help

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOM is absolutely useless......... even when furnished with EA overcharging 2 mth's commission, the complaint is ignored; not basic courtesy of acknowledging the letter & giver reasons....GE over so they are now gangsters or gods!!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No choice. Security guards are borned to be exploited
They only have 2 path. 1 is to jump mbs 2nd is to accept exploitation.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
not paying wages tantamount to cheating. its a criminal offence. even if its a contract worker, its still cheating. police should arrest and charge the employer immediately. Its not a civil case which they normally do as they do not want to get involve. how would police and ministers feel if their wages are not paid. they will feel cheated right?

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the CNY period, a lot of security agencies will be looking around for relief guards to work for the few days when their regulars are away for the holiday.

Higher pay will be offered and it is likely many will be attracted to those temp openings.

Thanks to the guard who exposed his agency on the internet, all of us can now safely avoid this particular agency. It sucks not to get paid even if it is only for a few days' work.

I don't know if the police will arrest the agency owner. I don't think so though...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is how we keep singapore going,tripartism,the Mom see no evil,Ntuc hear no evil and workers speak no evil.if this was any other country,the union will sue their ass,the workers will go on strike and protest and the ministry of manpower will declare friday a public holiday for security guards.

Last edited: