• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Searching For Happiness

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you serious?

Simple question:
What makes you happy?
Additional questions:
Do you think the purpose of life is the search for happiness?
How do you go about searching for happiness?
Have you found happiness?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does one's really need religions to find Happinese?

As you say it is all in a State of mind, how you felt about yourself.

Try defining Happinese or sadness and you have a whole bunch of questions popping up.

No idea, don't want to crack my head, any problems that can be solve good if not just live with, it is going nowhere fast.

live the life you want and make most of it, who knows what is going to happen next, you might just drop dead or strike lottery.

So let it be, and be cheerful.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sammyboy forum is my religion. As for current, wine,women and merry making is my joy! The other day, I was talking to my passenger who is an uncle in his sixties. He told me as a man,what also can dun have,money is a must have!:wink:

Does one's really need religions to find Happinese?

As you say it is all in a State of mind, how you felt about yourself.

Try defining Happinese or sadness and you have a whole bunch of questions popping up.

No idea, don't want to crack my head, any problems that can be solve good if not just live with, it is going nowhere fast.

live the life you want and make most of it, who knows what is going to happen next, you might just drop dead or strike lottery.

So let it be, and be cheerful.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple question:
What makes you happy?
Additional questions:
Do you think the purpose of life is the search for happiness?
How do you go about searching for happiness?
Have you found happiness?
I am happy when I screwed someone.
I am happy when I see someone screwed up.
I am happy when someone get screwed.
I am happy if you get screwed also.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, of course. The most important question is whether you are willing to follow or not? :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Buddha teaching is for followers to break away from bondage, to be free from the cycle.To reach enlightenment is the ultimate goal.

but the flesh is weak leh

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teekee interpretation of happiness...

1. No worrys when you have no much money in your bank ac.
2. When you loved ones died, you feel not much pain and sorrows..
3. Negative feelings of fear, anger and hatred do not dwell in you.
4. When you hug/kiss your loved ones you feel peace and joy.
5. You are willing to forgive easily.
6. After eating something you have peace and contentment.
7. In times of troubles you have God to be with you.
8. When you are doing what you have been created for. i.e. your purpose in life.
9. You are not interested in keeping up with the Joneses.
10. When you fight for the rights of the poor, weak and under-priveleges, and you see some progress.

and many more...:biggrin:

sound like Downgrader :wink:

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
people define happiness differently in different stage of life, thus, different people search for different happiness in different stage of life.

at my stage, happiness is
- when my family and friends are in good health
- when i have a peaceful evening with a good cup of chinese tea (香片)
- when i have a good BBBJ, CIM and quality session

jw5

Loyal
Happiness is a state of mind, why seek beyond?

Most of us would think that happiness needs something to invoke, but it isn't necessary so. A person who may be broke, homeless and alone could well be happy as well, because in his state of mind, he feels happy without any bonding or being bonded by any ways...debts, mortgage, bondage to another human being....the list goes on.

Goh Meng Seng
In my opinion, happiness is about having peace of mind.
If one is poor but has peace of mind, he will be happy. A billionaire with no peace of mind will not be happy.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Man A thought that he will be happy once he bought a car, when he bought a car, he thought he will be happier when he got his own home. When he has a house and a car, he still find something lacking in his life, he realized he had no girlfriend, no one to care for him. He found a girl, got married. He was happy for sometimes then he realized that he want to be a boss, his life could only be complete when he has his own business then he will have real joy. later, he become his own boss, earn lot of money, have house, car and a loving wife. One day he realized that his wife look like shit and he really envy his pauper friend who has a chio biu wife. If that pretty wife was his instead, then he think he will be truly happy.

Happiness is all in the mind.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me which things/ideas in the world doesn't come from the mind?

How do you condition your mind to have permanent joy instead of ephemeral?

Can sins place an attack on your happiness once in a while?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, happiness is about having peace of mind.
If one is poor but has peace of mind, he will be happy. A billionaire with no peace of mind will not be happy.

Ah, yes.... Please do not forget to include good health too.
Which no amount of money can buy you that.

jw5

Loyal
Ah, yes.... Please do not forget to include good health too.
Which no amount of money can buy you that.
If a person is in poor health and may even be dying, but he accepts death, he will have peace of mind and he will be happy.
Which pill popping hypocondriac do you know is happy?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good News!

My wife's aunt has become a born again Christian!!

After months of suffering from a series of severe health problems, all of us, including the church brothers and sisters prayed for her....she finally recovered and is greatly indebted to Christ salvation!!

Hallelujah!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQQMwXI-GZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQQMwXI-GZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>