• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP website wipe-out from the virtual world

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its obvious isnt it? PAP is trying to decimate them by taking them out of the net. Talking cock was hacked many times as well..

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure?

The Online Citizen's website was never hacked. Its Chief Editor Choo Zheng Xi was interviewed repeatedly by the media.

Its obvious isnt it? PAP is trying to decimate them by taking them out of the net. Talking cock was hacked many times as well..

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have handed over the IT back to SDP more than a year ago and less experienced people are controlling domain. People still assumed that I was doing that, and emailed me to complain web site down, and SMS me etc. I am handling some 20 different domains of different owners and had transfered them smoothly invisible interruptions all the time, as an IT person. What ever the accident happened to SDP's web had wrongly implicated bad IT reputation on me. :-(

I did a unix whois / dig check and found that DNS are pointing all wrongly in SDP's domains. A registrar is transfered just now - as seen:
Last Updated On:22-Sep-2008 01:47:12 UTC

Obviously done without pre-setting of DNS and had not been able to fix the fault (invalid DNS records within the new Pri/Sec NS) after many hours of discovering. Experienced IT person should had anticipated this and set DNS ready before doing registrar x'fer, if not, then do it within the same 5 mins so that the web viewers can hardly get affected.

This is not likely to be hacked by PAp monkeys.

Spirit-Centred

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap
How long do you think they may take to fix it? Hope its not because they could not get the resources to pay for hosting. Many people may miss their interesting articles.
Good luck to them.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have handed over the IT back to SDP more than a year ago and less experienced people are controlling domain. People still assumed that I was doing that, and emailed me to complain web site down, and SMS me etc. I am handling some 20 different domains of different owners and had transfered them smoothly invisible interruptions all the time, as an IT person. What ever the accident happened to SDP's web had wrongly implicated bad IT reputation on me. :-(

I did a unix whois / dig check and found that DNS are pointing all wrongly in SDP's domains. A registrar is transfered just now - as seen:

Obviously done without pre-setting of DNS and had not been able to fix the fault (invalid DNS records within the new Pri/Sec NS) after many hours of discovering. Experienced IT person should had anticipated this and set DNS ready before doing registrar x'fer, if not, then do it within the same 5 mins so that the web viewers can hardly get affected.

do you charge them for your pc service?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap
How long do you think they may take to fix it? Hope its not because they could not get the resources to pay for hosting. Many people may miss their interesting articles.
Good luck to them.

The nature of DNS problem is such that it is depending on the DNS server used by your PC, which is usually assigned by your ISP and thus different from one web user to another.

Some user will see the site back earlier than others.

I am no longer handling SDP's sites, and have little idea what did they do and why they did these things.

Basically, unix / linux users know that using the whois command / client will show that yoursdp.org is as follows:
$ whois yoursdp.org
NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:biggrin:150661936-LROR
Domain Name:YOURSDP.ORG
Created On:16-Jan-2008 13:12:57 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Jan-2009 13:12:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:FastDomain Inc. (R1455-LROR)
Registrant ID:FAST-12785297
Registrant Name:HostMonster.Com INC
Registrant Organization:HostMonster.Com, POWERFUL WEB HOSTING - 1500GB Disc - 15,000 GB Transfer
Registrant Street1:1215 Research Way Suite Q3500
Registrant Street2:HOST UNLIMITED DOMAINS *FREE*
Registrant Street3:Hosting Accounts starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
Registrant City:Orem
Registrant State/Province:Utah
Registrant Postal Code:84097
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8014948462
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.8017651992
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
Admin ID:FAST-12785297
Admin Name:HostMonster.Com INC
Admin Organization:HostMonster.Com, POWERFUL WEB HOSTING - 1500GB Disc - 15,000 GB Transfer
Admin Street1:1215 Research Way Suite Q3500
Admin Street2:HOST UNLIMITED DOMAINS *FREE*
Admin Street3:Hosting Accounts starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
Admin City:Orem
Admin State/Province:Utah
Admin Postal Code:84097
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.8014948462
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.8017651992
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:[email protected]
Tech ID:FAST-12785297
Tech Name:HostMonster.Com INC
Tech Organization:HostMonster.Com, POWERFUL WEB HOSTING - 1500GB Disc - 15,000 GB Transfer
Tech Street1:1215 Research Way Suite Q3500
Tech Street2:HOST UNLIMITED DOMAINS *FREE*
Tech Street3:Hosting Accounts starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
Tech City:Orem
Tech State/Province:Utah
Tech Postal Code:84097
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.8014948462
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.8017651992
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:[email protected]
Name Server:NS1.HOSTMONSTER.COM
Name Server:NS2.HOSTMONSTER.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

and that these 2 lines means:
Expiration Date:16-Jan-2009 13:12:57 UTC

SDP just recently on 22.Sept.2008 x'fer their registrar

these 2 lines shows the domain's primary & secondary DNS servers
Name Server:NS1.HOSTMONSTER.COM
Name Server:NS2.HOSTMONSTER.COM

Some how from that 2 DNS servers, it don't have correct A record to point correctly to SDP's current web server. The resolution is wrong, in that it pointed to an outdated / invalid IP address.

When the SDP guys set it to correct address, it would still take a while for updated records to propagate into all the ISP's DNS servers, and there is no fixed time, except that the various expiry of TTL of the cached records in ISPs' DNS servers will decide when their cached (invalid / outdated) records will be discarded and they fetch a fresh record according to NS1.HOSTMONSTER.COM

This is how internet works.

It is not that the SDP have not paid hosting bills or anything like that.

I can only say that no proper preparation / plan was made to smoothly transfer registrar. A domain owner have to ensure that correct DNS records have to be first setup in the new registrar's DNS servers 1st, before executing the transfer (usually by a secret domain x'fer key entered at the site of new registrar). If that is absolutely not possible, must check the TTL to be sufficiently long, and update DNS records within few mins after x'fer, to ensure that the least effects are suffered by web visitors.

Currently ns1.hostmonster.com wrongly resolved 74.220.207.61 which is a web server not setup for hosting yoursdp.org

That is why it won't work.

If they however, do a temp forwarding from the web server at
74.220.207.61 to which ever IP address which is hosting yoursdp.org then it could be a temp quick fix.

:smile::wink::p

But I am no longer in control, it is not up to me.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you charge them for your pc service?

I don't help certain people even if they were willing to pay big fees. E.g. famiLEE LEEgime.

I will be willing to help certain people even if they will not pay a cent, and had caused me to suffer unreasonable blames. If these people give LKy old dog thief enough troubles. :wink::biggrin:

$$$$ is not a big thing to me. 义气 is more important, if you know what that means. :rolleyes::smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't help certain people even if they were willing to pay big fees. E.g. famiLEE LEEgime.

I will be willing to help certain people even if they will not pay a cent, and had caused me to suffer unreasonable blames. If these people give LKy old dog thief enough troubles. :wink::biggrin:

$$$$ is not a big thing to me. 义气 is more important, if you know what that means. :rolleyes::smile:

u r just like my li'l blurking brother, LTS!! u r a man of big heart! :smile:

A

Alu862

SDP's website--market place and bitching site. Non SDP opinions greyed and thumbs downed.

WP's webiste--updated once in a blue moon

NSP website--same as above

SDA website--no such ebsite. SPP website is just as bad as the the NSP's

RP--huh? do they have a website

PAP website--why should we read it.

ALL PARTIES IN SINGAPORE HAVE FAILED THE PEOPLE

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to note that you have confirmed that the SDP website were not hacked by PAP monkeys. If monkeys were behind this, I would suppose that SDP better get someone better than an orang utan to put their website back in order.

Anyway i would recommend that SDP quit spending their funds on court cases and resolve the problems which are cracking up the paty's structure.