• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP want to phase out the manufacturing sector

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
how will the Sinkies working in the manufacturing going to vote for them?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
What a fantastic suggestion :biggrin:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why neber paste the article here? :biggrin:

SINGAPORE : Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan has expressed his concern over the Singapore Democratic Party's (SDP) proposal to rely less on manufacturing and restructure the economy to focus more on services.

Dr Balakrishnan said this election is about jobs, value of Singaporeans' assets and their future. And these are issues that no one should take a risk with, especially jobs.

The anchor minister for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC stands by his team's record in the constituency, and that his team has worked very hard in the past 10 to 15 years to improve lives of residents there.

There are also bigger plans in store for residents in the immediate future.

At the town council's roving exhibition of the GRC's 5-year Town Improvement Plan, residents were promised more facilities and amenities - including schools and 7 new MRT stations on the upcoming Downtown Line 2 to be completed by 2015.

On managing the cost of living, residents were also told of the good news that some coffee shops are dropping the price of coffee by 10 cents.

Asked what he thinks of the likely contest from the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) team that may include Mr Tan Jee Say, Dr Balakrishnan said he looks forward to a contest.

Dr Balakrishnan said: "I think the SDP is trying furiously to change its image and therefore they're also furiously recruiting people. And Iike I said, they are a team of strange bed fellows who try to project a changed image.

"The fundamental question for people to ask is why do they need to have a changed image? Is it because there's something wrong fundamentally with them at the core? They are trying to blame the media. I don't believe that.

"I think they haven't changed. I think they are trying to put on different clothes, different facades. I don't think people will be taken in by it. And as I said, at the local level they have no plans for this area and this GRC. It's a purely opportunistic pick of this location."

Dr Balakrishnan also questioned the SDP's call to give up manufacturing, saying it's an impractical plan that would put many jobs and livelihoods at risk.

"This proposal to give up manufacturing is one which we will get to the bottom of and we'll expose it for what it is," said Dr Balakrishnan.

The incumbents said the opposition only started walking the ground in the recent weeks.

Teo Ho Pin, Advisor for Bukit Panjang SMC said: "The last election we contested the SDP and we won. Over the last 5 years we have not been seeing them very much of SDP, in Bukit Panjang and especially in the GRC. We hardly see them at Bukit Panjang.

"But over the last 2 months, they have been making their presence, especially in Bukit Panjang. So I would say, SDP does not know the people in Bukit Panjang, they do not know the ground.

"So as usual they'll come in the last 2 months and politicise the issues. What's more important is to understand the ground. We have been working the ground, we have been working very closely with our residents."

- CNA /ls

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP just help PAP to win another 20-30k votes from the workers from manufacturing sectors. Thank you SDP, I LOVE YOU!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_EgRjgQ9zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>