• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP member Ang Yong Guan say WP fielding Ms Lee Li Lian is "brilliant"

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course there is, but cannot be against party interests or contradict one another.

Maybe SDP is liberal to the extent of it being much over discipline. Both are important, but I think a balance needs to be struck.

CSJ is definitely less authoritarian and more democratic as a boss than LTK, that much is clear. But his political acumen leaves much to be desired.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that simple, I feel. Why don't Paul Tambyah also ravish praise on LLL. I am sure he would be asked to comment. He's not diplomatic?

It's the same thing. If VW or PT is announced and Yee JJ says something like "VW is an outstanding candidate", I won't think it's diplomacy.

It's "lavish praise" on LLL.

If we say that Paul Thambyah "ravishes" LLL, it's a nice way of saying that Paul Thambyah is fucking LLL. That one I got to see.

It's true that it's not always good to praise your opponent. It is the way that you do it. Ang Yong Guan didn't praise LLL, he praised the decision to field her. Usually the right way is "their candidates have good qualities but ours is better". If the WP have done something correct, then it is alright to acknowledge it a bit if you don't go too far. Barack Obama praised Mitt Romney for being "hardworking and disciplined" but I don't think that that sends a message "therefore you should vote for him".

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ is definitely less authoritarian and more democratic as a boss than LTK, that much is clear. But his political acumen leaves much to be desired.

Less authoritarian, that's why he got Mr Chiam See Tong kicked out of the party for criticizing his hunger strike...

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less authoritarian, that's why he got Mr Chiam See Tong kicked out of the party for criticizing his hunger strike...

Less authoritarian, that's why he – a newbie then – was manipulated by the likes of Sin, Cheo & Ling – to kick CST out.

On the other hand, LTK took advantage of the PAP lawsuit to oust JBJ.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The remarks did not come from Joe Average. It came from a SDP member who was a possible candidate. It carries a lot of weight. I though it was a measured and well thought out remark and the first hint of opposition unity from someone in SDP.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The remarks did not come from Joe Average. It came from a SDP member who was a possible candidate. It carries a lot of weight. I though it was a measured and well thought out remark and the first hint of opposition unity from someone in SDP.

Indeed. Most people would say that AYG is rooting for LLL and WP.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please, SDP, for the love of God, get the fuck out of Punggol East.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less authoritarian, that's why he – a newbie then – was manipulated by the likes of Sin, Cheo & Ling – to kick CST out.
On the other hand, LTK took advantage of the PAP lawsuit to oust JBJ.

And a good thing too. LTK brought WP back from the dead.
Sadly it had reached a point where JBJ was a liability to his own party, so they did the right thing.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
And a good thing too. LTK brought WP back from the dead.
Sadly it had reached a point where JBJ was a liability to his own party, so they did the right thing.

JBJ is now talked about by the WP like some deity figure.

Think about JBJ as Lenin and LTK as Stalin.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it doesn't matter now that it's going to be a 4- or 5-corner fight. SDP is just one corner. Take away that one corner and you still have a 3- or 4-corner fight.

Yes, but my point was - RP and SDA are going to die. No matter. Let them die.

SDP stays out, they survive. Let it be so.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JBJ is now talked about by the WP like some deity figure.
Think about JBJ as Lenin and LTK as Stalin.

No one is denying JBJ's initial achievements when he was with the WP. But you need to know when you have outlived your usefulness and then withdraw quietly, instead of sticking around and taking your friends down with you.