• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDA's Desmond Lim calls himself the .....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
New SDA Logo on its party shirts

IMG_0993.jpg

The Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA) unveiled its new party logo today. The green party shirt signifies a focus on environmental issues and youth, while the four circles signify the four races, a symbol of Singapore's multi-racial society. The circles are not inter-connected now to imply equality within the party. Mr Desmond Lim, the party chief, said, "Many people think Sec-Gen is a big shot, he’s just like an employee in the organisation. Nobody has control over each other".

Lim jokingly called himself the “sixteen-thousand-dollar man”. He said that he has about 80 to 100 supporters on his campaign trail to give out flyers to Punggol East residents and hang posters on the major roads. Most of these supporters are ‘O’ level students waiting for the release of their results. When asked about the young age of these supporters, Lim said that this is what SDA stands for. He wants Singaporeans to be involved in politics at a young age to understand more about the process, and he sees it as a sign that the party has new blood and stays relevant to young people.

When asked about how ready he is for this by-election, he said that he had a barbecue party last Friday at Rivervale to kickstart his campaign. About 60 residents and party supporters were there to mingle with him.

Lim talked plenty about local issues in the constituency. “Having more hawker centres is one of my proposal that I have presented in the last GE, and then after, the government has decided to re-construct hawker centres all over the island. But sad to say that Punggol East was not selected. And hence what I’m going to is to champion for them here.” Lim then touched on other local issues, including the road safety aspect of the vicinity, the availability of bus services and childcare centres.

When asked about his chances in the four-cornered fight and his confidence level of garnering enough votes to keep his deposit, he said, “This is the residents’ choice. When we offer ourselves, it’s just like a business. There’re A, B, C companies. If the residents like my product, you buy my product. If you don’t buy my products, my company still has to continue. “

On what makes him different from other opposition candidates, Lim said, “I have not been running away, I’m not fly-by-night, since 2005, my footprints are here. And despite the outcome during the last elections, I’m still here. […] I won’t run away like somebody, when some challenges appear, they run away and have disappearedLim said that the upcoming Budget should bring life to the current economy. He said that the government is the main cause of high rentals and operating costs. He also touched on the high prices of HDB flats and disagreed with their prices being pegged to market rates.

Lim began his campaign today at Block 116 at Rivervale Drive, and his main strategy for his campaign is to go door-to-door to touch the residents’ hearts.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cutting more deeply into the cake and taking a bigger slice day by day...this guy is great man!!! maybe the residents will fall in love with his jovial character and vote him into parliament....

waulau his rating goes up liao!!!

PAP 7
WP 6
SDA 3
RP 1

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
this pig head is talking cock. the red star represent his pig head in a green pig farm with 4 piglets sucking his cock.:biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This joker pays people to be his supporter and he says that he is grooming them for politics. This one really is the champion.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the residents’ choice. When we offer ourselves, it’s just like a business. There’re A, B, C companies. If the residents like my product, you buy my product. If you don’t buy my products, my company still has to continue. “

Hope he won't get the chance to run a cuntry like a biz :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the residents’ choice. When we offer ourselves, it’s just like a business. There’re A, B, C companies. If the residents like my product, you buy my product. If you don’t buy my products, my company still has to continue. “

Knn in biz theory also fail big time !! If nobody wants to buy your product how to continue your biz !! Idiot !!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
sdaa.png

Desmond Lim and his 'supporters'
The candidate for Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA), Mr Desmond Lim has reiterated that the students who have been following him on his walkabouts are merely paid volunteers and are not of legal voting age.

Mr Lim made the above statement to a journalist from Yahoo! Singapore, who accompanied him on his walkabouts in the Punggol East SMC yesterday (18 Jan).

The 43-year-old engineer from M1 walked the ground at Bakau LRT station during the morning peak hour crowd before moving on to door-to-door visits of HDB blocks around Rivervale Plaza and Rivervale Drive.

According to the journalist from Yahoo! Singapore, Mr Lim was accompanied by “three volunteers who barely looked out of their teens”.

Dressed in party colours with a green t-shirt and jeans, the trio helped to distribute flyers to residents, but didn’t engage or interact much with residents. They each carried a bag filled with party flyers and would hand them out after Lim had shaken hands with each resident.

When we (yahoo! Singapore) approached one of the boys, he said and he and another of the volunteers had just received their O-level results and were waiting to be posted to a polytechnic. He said they started volunteering with Lim after the by-election was announced and they would continue accompanying him until his campaign ended.

They also said they were not Punggol residents and were from neighbourhood schools in other parts of Singapore.

Mr Lim confirmed that “his band of volunteers” are mostly students who had just completed O-levels and were given money for food and transportation, but declined to reveal how much they were paid.

“They are not voters, so please note the distinction,” he added.

Coincidentally on Nomination Day, Mr Lim was also flanked by a group of about 50 teenagers (pictured) dressed in party colours and carrying the SDA flags in the supporters’ area.

Noticeably, while other candidates were flanked by matured supporters, Mr Lim’s ’supporters’ were mostly young teenagers, possibly too young to vote.

Separately, The Online Citizen (TOC) while pursuing the same story, managed to interview one of these “volunteers”. The “volunteer” told TOC that he had actually responded to an advertisement on the VR-Zone forum calling for “Customer Ambassadors” for an event:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/jobs-services/2659524-oneday-16jan-event-helper-needed-200pax-needed.html

The posting is titled, ‘[OneDay] 16Jan Event Helper Needed (200pax Needed)‘ by a moniker Janevent. 16 Jan, of course, was Nomination Day.

The posting has now been edited to say that the job positions are closed. However, TR Emeritus managed to retrieve a copy of the original posting from Google’s cache:

The job ad essentially said it was looking for “Customer Ambassadors” to “interact” with people from all walks of life. They need to walk around in different places and sell “smiles”. They must also be able to walk for hours. They will be given T-shirts to don and the pay is $7.50 an hour. They will only be paid at the end of the “event” period.

Location was specified as “around North East area”. Applicants were supposed to attend a briefing one day before 16 Jan.

So, it does seem that some of the so-called SDA supporters who turned up at the Nomination Centre on 16 Jan may be “paid volunteers” after all.

When TOC asked the “volunteer” if he was afraid of not being paid at the end, he said that since Mr Lim is a Principal Engineer at M1, Mr Lim would probably keep his word and pay up without risking his own reputation.

TOC also asked Mr Lim how much he paid his volunteers. Mr Lim sidestepped the question by replying, “It’s not payment per say [sic], we gave them lunch. Bearing in mind many are not working adults but are keen to understand politics. So giving them food is a basic and decent thing to do. Very important point to note, there is a big difference between voters and volunteers. You cannot influence voters in any form. But then again my volunteers are not voters.”

When TOC pointed out to Mr Lim that some of his volunteers are keeping time-sheets, Mr Lim did not deny this. However, he replied that “this is being misconstrued”, claiming that the time-sheets were to “help volunteers account for their time invested, so they can add tangible commitments to the project when they add it to CVs”.