• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scuffle Between Police And Devotees At Thaipusam 2015

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Video Credit: Shiva Shanker

[video=youtube;xCqQV1gTqzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCqQV1gTqzE[/video]

Readers' Comment:
"Not very sure but its a missunderstanding between a kavadi bearer, the percussion grp n tge police"​

"I was there guys... abt 15 police kicked literally on that guy... it seem the police used unwanted words over a conversation just because they played urumi... further more the guys wife neck was also grabbed by a male police and they immediately ask the officers to human cordon the place... the Hindu endowment is the root to this... I seriously do not know why can't we play instruments once or twice a yr in this particular prayer.. they are charging so much to the devotee.. to carry a kavadi one have to pay more than a 100 and also have to give deposit.. that money will be burned if the said kavadi doesn't leaves temple by time... the Hindu in sg is a Lil. .. and yet we are treated worst... I wish no ppl would support and just buy milk and pour to lord muruga... if we do that they won't receive the income and if so happens.. haha they will suck finger... wish this ppl are treated soon... and hope justice will take place to the guy and his lady."​

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good la. Religion as flash point to topple vile pappies.
Parliament majority is Christian? Which demonination?
If you can't beat them better join them.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Sinkie Ah Nehs can makan....
FT Ah nehs cannot makan

FT Ah Nehs dont celebrate Thaipusam cos Thaipusam is southern indian festival... My FT northern indian friends and colleagues tell me that only only caste indians celebrate Thaipusam and i was like huh??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FT Ah Nehs dont celebrate Thaipusam cos Thaipusam is southern indian festival... My FT northern indian friends and colleagues tell me that only only caste indians celebrate Thaipusam and i was like huh??

That is something that I did not know.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is something that I did not know.

This is something I also didn't know...u got to pay the despicable government money to carry a kavadi..????

All I know is that a diabetic, who lost both his legs got to pay NEA $120 to sell tissue if he wants to make some money .

So if a double amputee can pay, they see why a Kavadi bearer cannot pay..Afterall it is only once a year they get to collect more money.

They can forego $300 million in Estate duty collection to suit the elite and the rich, the poor just got to make up for the shortfall..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is something I also didn't know...u got to pay the despicable government money to carry a kavadi..????

All I know is that a diabetic, who lost both his legs got to pay NEA $120 to sell tissue if he wants to make some money .

So if a double amputee can pay, they see why a Kavadi bearer cannot pay..Afterall it is only once a year they get to collect more money.

They can forego $300 million in Estate duty collection to suit the elite and the rich, the poor just got to make up for the shortfall..

How else do you think the PAP govt grew so fat and rich? Because it has fantastic business or investment acumen? :rolleyes:

No, it's because of its innovative and omnipresent ways to extract wealth from Sinkies. They're like vampires, sucking the life out of the living and giving back nothing.

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Local Ah Neh are mostly the lower caste one. Every year they will create problem during Thaipusam. Ah Neh are embolden when they are in a group, you break them up and they become nice people.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suspect that is the same reason they stuck off thaiphusam as a public holiday

lantau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local Ah Neh are mostly the lower caste one. Every year they will create problem during Thaipusam. Ah Neh are embolden when they are in a group, you break them up and they become nice people.

Its just like in the workplace. If you are their subordinate then they can be very asshole but if the other way round then they carry your 2 hairy balls like hell.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is common behaviour. Just look at how the PAP bullies the "lesser mortals" because they hold absolute power.

Years ago before people found out how corrupted the Lee regime was, I was already encouraging others to vote for the opposition to prevent one party from gaining too much power. Now with the internet we are finding about the "hard truths" about Lee regime:(

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not ok for private companies to build columbrium and make money from religion. But it is ok for government to make money from religion. Sinkie logic.