• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SCOOT airline mocks Anton & Family with new ad on Perth flights

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Budget carrier Scoot has taken swipes at Briton Anton Casey and his derisive comments about public transport users in its latest advertisement for its fare deal to Perth.

"Escape Plan: Fly to Perth Cheap Cheap, Poor or not!" screamed the yellow and white advertisement that was offering a 50 per cent discount on a two-way ticket to the Western Australian city.

It appeared to mock Mr Casey's family, with caricatures of the former senior wealth manager, his Singaporean wife - and former beauty queen - Bernice Wong, and their five-year-old son.

The cheeky advertisement, which was posted on the airline's Facebook page on Jan26, also alluded to the wealth manager's decision to leave Singapore with his family in tow.

The accompanying post said: "Hmm... we heard that Perth has become the destination of choice for an escape. So we decided to work overtime to bring you The great A.C Perth Escape Sale! (A.C for Amazingly Cheap of course.)"

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have not flown Scoot. But my next trip to Bangkok, I am surely flying Scoot.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Taking cheap pot shots at a loser?:eek: That is hitting below the belt which is quite unbecoming of a company and may backfire.

Most people (esp. the Brits) will exclaim "That's not cricket old boy!":biggrin:

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Taking cheap pot shots at a loser?:eek: That is hitting below the belt which is quite unbecoming of a company and may backfire.

Most people (esp. the Brits) will exclaim "That's not cricket old boy!":biggrin:

With their stiff upper lips.:biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Attachments

• syFlyscoot26012014e.jpg
    syFlyscoot26012014e.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think it is low class for Scoots to do that at AC's expense.

Singaporeans can bash him for his misdeeds, that is fine but Scoots' attempt is a sick joke.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Singaporeans can bash him for his misdeeds, that is fine but Scoots' attempt is a sick joke.

This is Singapore humour!! AC and his friends should accept and appreciate our sense of humour!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is Singapore humour!! AC and his friends should accept and appreciate our sense of humour!

Don't get me wrong, Scoots is Scoots, capitalizing on someone's misery. Scoots is not doing this because they care about Singapore pride and our anger against AC. There is a difference.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, this is a cheap shot, regardless of whether the airline is a cheap one or not.

But if the approach had been that SCOOT is cheaper than SIA or whatever, then different. It could have highlighted the other benefits, like fewer people on the flight will ask him for his autograph, that he would have endeared himself to Sinkies because they love a bargain etc.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FUCK YOU
and
FUCK CRICKET

I kick balls into mush and that is below the fucking belt.

There is no fucking belt that I recognise the moment you chose to fight with me.
And who the fuck are you to judge?
You some kind of fucking judger?

Show us your tits and I judge them good or not.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, this is a cheap shot, regardless of whether the airline is a cheap one or not.

But if the approach had been that SCOOT is cheaper than SIA or whatever, then different. It could have highlighted the other benefits, like fewer people on the flight will ask him for his autograph, that he would have endeared himself to Sinkies because they love a bargain etc.

Depends which market audience Scoots is trying to attract. It may take awhile before one gets to know whether Scoots gets a nod of approval for clever marketing or otherwise. We shall see.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly speaking this ad by Scoot is not that funny as compared to the one done by a pub at Guillemard recently that poked fun at Anton with their pint prices..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheap shot or not.....as long as it keeps Anton incident in the limelight its fine by me.
Dun forgive dun forget....channel hatred to pappies is best.