• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scooby refused scooby snacks

god's ultimate weapon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > World > Story

Sep 10, 2009
Aussie dog rescued from cave

SYDNEY - A DEAF dog known as Scooby was rescued after five days trapped in an Australian cave following a major rescue operation on Thursday.

Emergency crews bored through solid rock to reach the eight-year-old cavalier King Charles spaniel, who was quickly reunited with his relieved 12-year-old owner, Jack Newton.

'It's just unbelievable. All the guys at the RSPCA rescue have been phenomenal,' Newton's mother Melissa told the Nine Network.

'It's amazing, we're so happy... our little dog is home with us and my son is over the moon.'

Scooby scampered into the cave, in the Hunter Valley north of Sydney, on Sunday and could be heard whimpering behind a six-metre slab of rock.

Fire brigade and RSPCA rescue teams used state-of-the-art cameras to pinpoint his position and laid a trail of snacks for him to follow to freedom, but the distressed dog refused to take the bait.

They then chipped away at the rock to get within a metre of Scooby, pushing food and water through gaps, before a mine rescue team used compressed air bags to gently lever boulders out of the way.

Scooby eventually emerged at about 6:00 pm (0800 GMT) to be greeted by a crowd of journalists and TV cameras which had beamed live updates across the nation.

RSPCA state chief executive Steve Coleman refused to comment on the cost of the operation but said the animal welfare agency was obliged to come to Scooby's rescue.

'It's certainly a time-consuming rescue but, again, I don't think that the public would expect us just to walk away because it's all too hard,' he said. -- AFP