• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

School force students to sell $50 tix

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the school is ACJC. Maybe raising funds for next year Fun O Rama?

Could be other JCs though I heard a couple or so also holding their own fun fairs to raise cash.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But if the kids cannot find buyers, and try to return the unsold tickets to the school, their teacher would still force them to try harder (to sell) and also pass sarcastic comments onto them.

Ask the teacher who talk a lot one to buy.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
One type that i DONT donate is collection by the schools for whatever projects they are on, ie. school building fund, NTU/NUS/Poly flag day by freshies.

If it's a SYT who approaches me, I will gladly donate :biggrin:

20 cents in exchange for a genuine contact number, worth it whey! :biggrin:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN!

What school is this? MOE should stop all these so called nonsense, a school is where the kids go for education, not FORCED to sell tickets.

If the teacher says $50.00 is nothing to ordinary singaporeans, maybe the teacher should try taking up those the students cannot sell.

Is there a quota? That each teacher must meet? What a joke.

Well, yes there is a quota for each teacher too meet. That's the reason why part timers/relief teachers do not give much shite about this event, whereas the senior ones care like hell. :rolleyes:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, school building fund should be allocated by MOE, i already pay taxes, no way i gonna pay anymore.

Every school is only allocated a certain budget. They are not able to get the full sum which they want from MOE.

For example, I want a new extension, with tables, chairs, projectors, air-cons, carpeting, etc. But MOE will only give for tables, chairs, air-cons, new extension. The projectors and carpeting, the school have to fork out the sum. So how to get the extra $?

Fund rasing! :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie schools are a joke. If there is no creativity learning, the student can forget about even learning in itself.

Having good infrastructure, what is the use, the quality of education is not at all there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every school is only allocated a certain budget. They are not able to get the full sum which they want from MOE.

For example, I want a new extension, with tables, chairs, projectors, air-cons, carpeting, etc. But MOE will only give for tables, chairs, air-cons, new extension. The projectors and carpeting, the school have to fork out the sum. So how to get the extra $?

Decades ago, all schools had fundraising. Everyone did their part because it was a young nation and a small minority of rich towkays would donate a wing or two with Lee Kong Chian leading the way and the country was struggling to survive.

Now, with civil servants including teachers taking home a large salary, so many nouvea rich, state with huge reserves and with the gini index going the wrong way, everyone should boycott this bullshit.

By the way Singapore teachers are one of the best paid in the world. Techers are the single biggest vocation group in the civil service payroll. Both UMNO and PAP have always made sure that they look after this lot. For many years, 2 MPs were assigned to look after teachers. Remember Lawrence Sia. Remember the nice private estate that was built for them.

Tell your kids not to participate.

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the Ministry of Education
The Minister.

With reference to the issue above.

During the downturn, Please kindly pass a law to stop Schools in Singapore, asking their students to donate, sell fun fare tickets. any donations requested by the principal, teachers.

All request MUST BE donate voluntary. not compulsary.

A school is a school, place for study, not for donation ! selling fun fare tickets !

All please support this motion !

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

If MOE dont give the full sum, MOE than can have even more money to contribute to LKY's 'Surplus' that then be pumped into Temasick and GIC.

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT 400++ BILLIONS CAME FROM?

ALL MINISTRIES ARE COMPETING HOW MANY BILLIONS THEY CAN SUCK TO GIVE TO LKY SO THEIR PERM SECS CAN BE PAID BONUSES

THAT THEY CAN THEN GO TO PARIS FOR FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

EVEN STUDENTS ARE HIJACKED INTO THEIR MONEY MAKING SCHEMES SO LKY AND HIS FUCKING BASTARDS IN WHITE CAN LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS

ALL BECAUSE SINKIES GOT NO BALLS, OR NO BRAINS , OR BOTH, TO VOTE THAT LKY AND HIS GANG IN WHITE OUT

SINKIES NOW GOT TO OPEN THEIR LEGS TO BE SCREWED AND SCREWED

SINKIES GOT WHAT THEY ALL DESERVED