• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scholar's view on Million dollar Minister..

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across this essay and like to share with u the views of a scholar on our Million dollar minister salary..

This is part of the essay....

The mindset of our country's leaders is another fine example reflecting the great divide between them and the man on the street. For an average Joe like me, 1 million dollars per year is an awful lot of money that many can't even imagine saving that much in our lifetime. There we have our elites telling average Joe they feel that they need an 80% increase in their pay from 1.2 million to 2.2 million a year otherwise they would refuse to work for the country. How insensitive can that be? Average Joes can't understand why our elites can't be satisfied with what they feel as an awful lot of money and now is asking for more? Besides, average Joe's salary rarely see a double digit increase in percentage at any point of time, now the elites are asking for 80%?

Intelligent observers would have pointed out that another old argument used by the politicians, that paying ministers by the millions will prevent corruption, is flawed because we have many examples of (almost) corruption free nations without the millions payout. Others look into the black and white to pick up the problems with the way our ministers are paid.

In a way, there is no denying that deep inside many Singaporean's heart, we feel that our leaders are just trying to bring home more taxpayer's money. They may be good at putting numbers in the news and maintaining economic growth for Singapore. But many of us are not touched nor inspired by our leaders actions. Our textbooks may tell our children of Singapore's "glorious history" about how PAP led the country into the modern era but parents will be telling legends on how political oppositions were "removed" and how our leaders insisted to be the most well paid politicians in the world (and yet wants to earn even more).

The dollars our ministers are chasing after, makes little sense.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Average Joe is a jealous prick. His top boss is probably making more than a minister. Many CEOs, including CEOs of GLCs, make way more than our singapore PM. In America, a B-grade Hollywood actor can make more money a year than the US President. You are saying that the actor contributes more to America than the President?

Pinoy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Average Joe is a jealous prick. His top boss is probably making more than a minister. Many CEOs, including CEOs of GLCs, make way more than our singapore PM. In America, a B-grade Hollywood actor can make more money a year than the US President. You are saying that the actor contributes more to America than the President?
Sinkies are all like that. They are even jealous of Pinoys in their own country.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the worst part is that they decide and justify their own salary increase...where in the world can employee increase own salary. only PAP can, suck my dick!!!:oIo:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the worst part is that they decide and justify their own salary increase...where in the world can employee increase own salary. only PAP can, suck my dick!!!:oIo:

PAP is not your employee. You are clearly deluded. Employees take orders, employers gives them. When was the last time PAP took your orders?

Pinoy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is not your employee. You are clearly deluded. Employees take orders, employers gives them. When was the last time PAP took your orders?

that is why Sinkies like you are daft and genetically defective :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your logic is warped...in this working world, only bosses have the right to assess and increase employee's salary based on merit. PAP thinks they are the boss and increase their own salary using tax payer's money. btw, you sound stupid today...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that is why Sinkies like you are daft and genetically defective :rolleyes:

LOL! I am one of the 'Brahmin' sinkies! I employ quite a number of Pinoys and beat them if they don't work to my expectations. And they are still grateful to me, because I still treat them better than any Pinoy boss would treat them back in Pinoyland.

Pinoy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL! I am one of the 'Brahmin' sinkies! I employ quite a number of Pinoys and beat them if they don't work to my expectations. And they are still grateful to me, because I still treat them better than any Pinoy boss would treat them back in Pinoyland.

is it so? :rolleyes:
you may need to have your genes examined to ascertain your sinkie behavior :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is it so? :rolleyes:
you may need to have your genes examined to ascertain your sinkie behavior :rolleyes:

Nothing abusive. I am nice guy. No bruises or blood shed.

tumblr_mvg0t62Er91slqff1o1_400.gif

Pinoy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing abusive. I am nice guy. No bruises or blood shed.

tumblr_mvg0t62Er91slqff1o1_400.gif

Typical Sinkie like you have weird sexual habits. Must be your brought up by your wayward parents. No offense, but it is quite disgusting. No wonder your genes needs rectificatiom. :rolleyes: