• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBS buys 400 Scania buses for $147 million.....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The new Scania Bus ish realli crap... narrow walkway, 3 bloody step 2 get into rear... ever seen old lady almost fall down... Getting double deck will be helpful esp nowadays bery congested... 147M spend on flower vase... :mad:

Wun b surprise they turn them all into "premium" bus... Suck u $4-$5 per trip. :mad::mad:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
These buses were bought without any thought for Asian ergonomics but just to meet latest European environmental standards :eek::mad:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually when they buy the bus, they only buy the chassis and the drive train of the bus. Everything else is locally fitted.

So if you find the seats too small, the walk way too narrow..etc..etc.. it is not the bus manufacturer's fault. It is probably the local fitter customising it to the specs specified by the bus operator...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually when they buy the bus, they only buy the chassis and the drive train of the bus. Everything else is locally fitted.

So if you find the seats too small, the walk way too narrow..etc..etc.. it is not the bus manufacturer's fault. It is probably the local fitter customising it to the specs specified by the bus operator...

Delgro "Antgineering"... No wonder... Haizz...:(:biggrin::p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If that's the case, then SBS has a lot of explaining to do as the internal layout of these buses can be further improved to provide better safety and comfort for the passengers. :mad:

Err.. u sure u 1 their explanation... I guess it's as lame as my posting... :biggrin::biggrin::p

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
they will say they want to optimize the capacity i.e. more ppl to stand instead of sitting...

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
they will say they want to optimize the capacity i.e. more ppl to stand instead of sitting...

For short trips..maybe its ok....for long ones...i leave it to u 2 imagine:(.

Optimaization may be good but definitely not right if the intended purpose is just for profit making.:cool:

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes bro..thats what i mean by optimizing...actually.,.they had said this previoulsy...about 1 or 2 years back when ppl complain that there r less seats...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yah... N if stand u not happy hor... they tell u 2 take their premium bus...:mad: Looking at it... now sbs cumming out with more "premium" bus svcs, dun think they will make any effort to improve the normal one...

buses_40seater.jpg

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
but really....which money-grabbing sucker will say "Oh u r now in bad shape..I will give u more seats to sit...or charge u less..."...need to wake up that they will milk us until we tar tar