• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBF - Pro PAP site?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You left out the emigration advice.

I tried to get "C" going just a couple of weeks ago but the thread died a premature death.

I've noticed the "fun" element and the humor gradually drain out of the forum because I guess it is lacking in Singapore society at large as a result of the stresses caused by 5 million obnoxious characters living in close proximity.

At the end of the day, I can't work miracles if nobody bites.

I and many others are grateful for this site to allow us some insights re-emigration to other countries. I noticed a lot of thanks for the Moderator of the JB Section who is doing a fantastic job. Kudos to him and I hope those in the JB Section will also drop by to thank you for providing the space and liberty and benefit they got from SBF.

Cheers.:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies Bro, you indeed showed the way to many Singaporeans to greener pastures via your work in the Emigration Folder. I recall you not only encouraged them but also scolded for being fearful, asking silly questions and to pluck up their courage. Lots of advice on starting businesses in OZ and NZ. In fact it was the emigration folder that brought me to this site. It was also a time when Migration agents were not allowed to advertise and operate in Singapore.

The irony is that the the folder also helped advise kids who left and got stuck in the wilderness due to NS and who wanted to visit the country of birth. Only recently I was blown away when a British Lady sought advice here for her Singapore kid.

It was groundbreaking stuff.

There was so much inspirational stories of boldness, bravery and sheer determination. Charlie, the good doctor, and so many others threw lifelines, words of advice, even met people at airports on arrival. I remember a lady who had a shop in BT who sought a sponsor in this forum for her family to migrate to Melbourne and found it here.

If only their kids who have assimilated in their new countries only knew what part SBF played in carving their destiny in some ways.

And we got grassroots arseholes who get PBM for opening car doors for MPs.

Believe me you created miracles for some as far as I am concerned.

You left out the emigration advice.

I tried to get "C" going just a couple of weeks ago but the thread died a premature death.

Before the 2006 election, this place was actually more apolitical. Politics has always been discussed but there was a much broader range of topics on the table.

These days it's pretty much 90% PAP bashing and this has come about not because of me but because of the change in the mood of the electorate. The frustrations have grown and xenophobia has spread to all segments of society.

I've noticed the "fun" element and the humor gradually drain out of the forum because I guess it is lacking in Singapore society at large as a result of the stresses caused by 5 million obnoxious characters living in close proximity.

At the end of the day, I can't work miracles if nobody bites.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always enjoyed jokes posted by you, Windsor and many others. I always try to guess the punch and failed miserably. You guys are good. It provides excellent balance. The crazy stuff that you see in this forum is high quality as well. If I got HWZ, I will go brain dead soon. The only worse is Stomp.

There are also excellent videos that people take the trouble to search and place here.

I am also eternally grateful to Singveld and Postnews who provide excellent photographic coverage of major events. No need to go any website. These guys can find quality stuff faster and cull the rubbish. The games coverage of olympics is fantastic.

Then there is Swingstar the master of rhyme, totally unbeatable. Also we had Lau Chio King and his adventures and marikita days.

I also enjoy reading the photo threads and impressed by the knowledge of Sam, Singveld and Alamaking.

Then lets not forget the food threads. They use to run for days.

bro , its wonderful that you have this view. I have always felt that for the forum to thrive it must be inclusive.

Heavy hitters...cerebral guys ...normal guys and erected airheads all in the mix posting the stuff that turns them on. We dont all have to chat with one

another all the time for the communications to be lively and the forum vibrant. There are enough interest groups to generate comms.

To each his own and more power to BosSam.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has always been the biggest troll in this forum. It helps generate varying views and discussions.

In those days, he also carried multiple personalities. All were fantastic. Here are some.

A. middle eastern chap that despised Singaporeans

B. racists who hated Chinese one day and Indians the next day

C. Avid proponent and educator of entrepreneurship - wonderful threads with good examples

D. PAP lover

E. Hardcore anti-establishment

F. Fitness and health advocate

G. Pro NS

I. Good citizenship

Now days its its pretty much pro PAP nearly all the time.

This is the real picture of Sam
sacha-baron-cohen-2012-oscars.jpg

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBF is 10% pro-PAP, 90% pro-establishment.

Given the rhetorics dished out by the ruling regime recently, I say they have done the math already. It's still 90-10 in their favour come 2021. No sweat.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, it's a simple case of "out with the old and in with the new". The area will be rejuvenated in no time. Singapore can do what the US can't achieve because it is quick, it is nimble at it has deep pockets thanks to the astute leadership of the PAP.
hahahaha......for some twit staying in toa payoh, u sure know what is happening in jurong....tuas area........i am impressed....lol.
oops...this is a 1-liner.....sorry but i only know how to kiss.