• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAWASDEE KRUP - Welcome to Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everybody. As most of you already know I live in Bangkok Thailand. I thought I start this thread for everyone to discuss, or ask and post anything on or about Thailand (except talking about the monarchy please).

Let me start. "Winter" had just begun in Thailand. Over the weekend temperature in Bangkok started to become cooling so mornings are very nice. This morning woke up with 23degC. As rainy season is over the sky is very clear and sun beating down hard and strong. But when in shade its cool like in an aircon room. I heard the north like Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai is very cold.

Its actually a nice season to visit Thailand now till end January.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have plan to migrate to TH. gt to know a apartment cost about 200k which i will be fully owned than leasing from the govt.
200k not even a 4 rm flat in sinkapore. need not really stay in bkk. outskirt of bkk also not bad.:biggrin:

how to have a PR in TH? a thai wife? business in TH?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love Thailand. Been there twice - both on official businees trips. First time was Bangkok in 1989. Second time was last year, Chiang Mai. Prefer Chiang Mai, but no beach. Next trip hope to go on vacation to a beach resort.

Wish to know, for a short three to four day trip, most discrete way to buy some weed. First time there, I got the massage girl to buy some for me but I remember had some difficulty communicating with her what I wanted and was doubtful she'd show up at my hotel with the goods. Hope to find some free time to take off for some relxation there next year.

Cheers!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have plan to migrate to TH. gt to know a apartment cost about 200k which i will be fully owned than leasing from the govt.
200k not even a 4 rm flat in sinkapore. need not really stay in bkk. outskirt of bkk also not bad.:biggrin:

if no need stay bangkok then about SGD$120K can get you a house liao in outskirt bangkok.

thai PR not easy to get but getting a thai wife should be the most 'cost effective' way.....any other better lobangs kindly share...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi bro joe,

good idea to start this thread. I also hope to save some $$$$ and go over. But i think after March la cos now got a few other commitments.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi no-faith, condo here you can fully own no problem but do check with developer first because I believe there is a quota. If you are familiar with Bangkok along the infamous Ratchada area where there are many new condo developments you could easily get a 90sqm 2 bedrooms unit for less than 5mil (around S$200k) and this is pretty downtown. Other areas are definitely cheaper.

As for PR you may need to know why you need to have this. If its for staying here longer I think this is not necessary. Officially for Asean members we are given 30day for each visit and is renewable here however max number of days can stay in Thailand is 90 days per year. Our forumer chonburifc had advised before that you could get a student pass easily and be able to stay here for a year the just keep on renewing like what many angmohs do.

How to start a business varies. Need to know what sort of business first.

I love Thailand. Been there twice - both on official businees trips. First time was Bangkok in 1989. Second time was last year, Chiang Mai. Prefer Chiang Mai, but no beach. Next trip hope to go on vacation to a beach resort.

Wish to know, for a short three to four day trip, most discrete way to buy some weed. First time there, I got the massage girl to buy some for me but I remember had some difficulty communicating with her what I wanted and was doubtful she'd show up at my hotel with the goods. Hope to find some free time to take off for some relxation there next year.

Cheers!

Good morning Agoraphobic. There is no need to be discrete to buy weed in Thailand its everywhere. Police is the main supplier.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hi bro joe,

good idea to start this thread. I also hope to save some $$$$ and go over. But i think after March la cos now got a few other commitments.

Ya come in March or April even better for the water festival Sonkrang . . . . many wet t-shirt ladies olala mamamia.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I read somewhere that if you want to retire in LOS you will need to show you have at least US$50,000. Each year you must show the authorities that you have this amount.
Using the educational visa route is cheaper.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good morning Agoraphobic. There is no need to be discrete to buy weed in Thailand its everywhere. Police is the main supplier.

Bud, just planning for a short holiday, don't want to get into trouble. Was googling for weed in Thailand and came across the following: -

It is a well known "top secret" in Thailand. If you have money, you can easily locate it.
But be warned: The fellow who will sell it to you will the one to report it to the policemen,
because the policemen will give him another sum of money, and if the policemen can not
"milked" as much money as he wants, then you will be off to the most notorious jail in Thailand.
How do you like it?

Last time I bought it there, I went to a massage parlor, spoke to the girl in there (had to draw a pic of the leaf), gave her US$10 and said I'll give her another US$30 when she delivers the goods to the hotel, which she did. Smoked some and got rid of if before returning to Peesai. Plan to go to a beach resort some time next year and was wondering if I could purchase from bartender or someone else. Just a small qty. Don't suggest me to buy from a cop, the less involvement I have with uniformed people, the better it will be.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bud, just planning for a short holiday, don't want to get into trouble. Was googling for weed in Thailand and came across the following: -

You may also get into trouble in Spore. If they suspect you have been taking weed they'll test you.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read somewhere that if you want to retire in LOS you will need to show you have at least US$50,000. Each year you must show the authorities that you have this amount.
Using the educational visa route is cheaper.
since i am retired, how am i able to top up my acct to 50k dollars every year?
im supposed to be retired, where got income liao?
quite confused on this one.:confused:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may also get into trouble in Spore. If they suspect you have been taking weed they'll test you.

Hmm. I wonder then, if they tested the expats and their kids, Sg's jails would be full. Damn, they can do that? Jailed in Sg for smoking a joint in another country?

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since i am retired, how am i able to top up my acct to 50k dollars every year?
im supposed to be retired, where got income liao?
quite confused on this one.:confused:

If you want to retire anywhere, most countries have some $ guidelines. Not every country is as easy to get in like Spore:o
Maybe buying property can be used in place of money :confused:

A cheaper option is to enroll in one of the approved Thai language schools. This is the route I will probably take because I think you need to understand thai if your going to function properly in LOS: e.g. getting a licence, reading signs, etc.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm. I wonder then, if they tested the expats and their kids, Sg's jails would be full. Damn, they can do that? Jailed in Sg for smoking a joint in another country?

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers!
yes they can. if its not in your system then they test your hair.......dun play play.......sinkieland is police state

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

It is a well known "top secret" in Thailand. If you have money, you can easily locate it.
But be warned: The fellow who will sell it to you will the one to report it to the policemen,
because the policemen will give him another sum of money, and if the policemen can not
"milked" as much money as he wants, then you will be off to the most notorious jail in Thailand.
How do you like it?

Last time I bought it there, I went to a massage parlor, spoke to the girl in there (had to draw a pic of the leaf), gave her US$10 and said I'll give her another US$30 when she delivers the goods to the hotel, which she did. Smoked some and got rid of if before returning to Peesai. Plan to go to a beach resort some time next year and was wondering if I could purchase from bartender or someone else. Just a small qty. Don't suggest me to buy from a cop, the less involvement I have with uniformed people, the better it will be.

Cheers!

Spot checks coming into Singapore is a reality but cannot be so suay la. Here in LOS no need to fear so much la.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heard that many falang bought house at Ko Samui and retired there.
issit a good place, ie. accessibility, property price etc?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What about property in Pattaya and Phuket? Worth to have a look?

Pattaya us cowboy town like the wild wild west. We have a cowboy, chonburifc, there whom I believe will reply to you soon.