• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saw this on FB

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Nat Ho's dad missing and suicidal due to being unemployed

Depression is considered as a mental disease, so a person who is suffering from depression does not have his health intact and cannot think straight, so how in the world can he set his mind to achieve anything at all?

To label depression as a "disease" is a load of crap invented by drug companies so they can sell happy pills.

Depression is simply a state of mind. The strong willed deal with it while the weak simply crumble.

I've felt depressed numerous times in my life. I force myself to snap out of it by doing something constructive or creative. Hanging around doing nothing except feeling sorry for yourself will only make things worse.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
old man, why are you talking down to people? no one asked for your lessons. you are old and about to die soon, know your place in society. bloody arrogant old man who thinks just because he has lived longer he knows more.

you know shit. go back to finish your o levels and read a few books before attempting to advise anyone.

my bad, even if you do have an education, which you don't (people from your generation can't even read and write), you are incapable of learning anything because your brain can only accept the old useless ways, they can't accept the truth, anything chinese is good, anything non chinese is bad. the entire culture is messed up.

weak useless generations of total imbeciles.

i would line up all of you weaklings in your diapers and shoot you with a machine gun.

little always-arrogant human parasites.

Why are you talking to yourself??????:eek:

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal

To label depression as a "disease" is a load of crap invented by drug companies so they can sell happy pills.

Depression is simply a state of mind. The strong willed deal with it while the weak simply crumble.

I've felt depressed numerous times in my life. I will myself to snap out of it by doing something constructive or creative. Hanging around doing nothing except feeling sorry for yourself will only make things worse.

there is a physical element to depression.

old people have brains that have shrunk some 20-30%. so their brains are faulty and they are prone to depression and forgetfulness. after it gets even older, they get senile and alzhemiers.

brain scans show numerous holes in the brains...it shows very clearly. alcohol and drug use expedite the rate of brain shrinkage and damage.

no one can escape brain damage due to aging!!!

brain-damaged old people contribute and have contributed nothing whatsoever and should be wiped out and shot!

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe he is gambling in MBS...A korean man gamble for a week in there and people thought he was missing and dead.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Flare ? An Attention Seeker ?

Nat ho's dad. This guy played 2nd fiddle to elvin ng ina number of serials. In fact i don't remember seeing him recently i think he's quit acting so he's solely a singer.

At first, I thought he was a contestant from Project Superstar who entered Media Cock as an actor for Channel 8 dramas. He was one of the polo boys on a Channel 5 TV series.

Nat Ho was originally one of the Top 30 contestants in the inaugural season of Singapore Idol in 2004.

He was also awarded the ‘Most Promising Artiste’ in 2004, by the Singapore Armed Forces Music and Drama Company. Nat’s first foray into acting was in MediaCorp's English idol drama, Shooting Stars. Following that, Nat snagged the lead role in a local feature film, Smell of Rain.

While pursuing his diploma in Mass Communications, Nat dabbled in modeling after he was discovered by a modeling agent. His portfolio includes clients like M1, Lipton Tea, KFC, Marina Square Shopping Centre and Tiger Balm.

The following year, he was signed on with MediaCorp and cast in his first drama series Honour and Passion 《宝家卫国》, which earned him a Best Newcomer nomination in Star Awards 2007.

[video=youtube;1efxt_oWCZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1efxt_oWCZw[/video]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've felt depressed numerous times in my life. I force myself to snap out of it by doing something constructive or creative. Hanging around doing nothing except feeling sorry for yourself will only make things worse.
OK, nice to hear some wisdom from you beside the "I work hard, why should I pay..................." crappy shit.

Yes, Mind over matter. Not easy and that's why there're so many HDB/MRT superman and Bedok Reservoir aquaman.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Another Flare ? An Attention Seeker ?

Who is Nat Ho?
If I don't know who the fish he is, do you think I will know who the fish his father is?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the Whore Jinx has got white sole.
Peh Kah Tuay?? Don't know spell correct or not? :smile:

I confirm can do a better job that this piece of shit. At most, I lose half my bankroll and pull handbrake. KNN, this HC butch can lose everything and want you to top up.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
DadFound.jpg

The past 24 hours have been crazy – a case of reel life turned real.

What would you do if your Dad left behind a suicide note to the family and disappeared?

So many thoughts and feelings ran through our heads, as we had to deal with the calls and queries from the Police, as well as concerned friends and members of the Press – all while trying to locate a potentially suicidal missing man, with no form of contact, money or ID on him. He could be anywhere. Or already dead. And we had no idea where to start.

We searched the immediate vicinity, some of his usual haunts, as well as other less familiar places. We are literally grasping at straws. But as Daylight waned, so our Hopes diminished.

“Well, it might be easier to find him at night since he’d have to rest somewhere.” If he were still alive, I thought, bracing myself for the imaginable worst.

Within the span of a few hours, we had gone through a whole chaotic gamut of emotions from anxiety, to anger, to fear, remorse. And always, an underlying, undying bit of Hope.

“I think he’s still alive. If he were dead, someone would have reported it by now.” This was Singapore, after all, where reporting things were somewhat of a National past-time. Heartened, we quickened our search.

By about 6am the next day, we were living zombies.

Crashing for about 2 hours, we woke up to resume the search. It was already the next day, and the Social Media community in Singapore had really rallied together to help disseminate whichever bits of information came in. Some of the papers ran stories on both their print and online portals. I don’t like exposing private, family matters to the masses if I could help it, but between saving face or saving my Dad – the decision was clear. And indeed, I am very Thankful and Grateful for everyone who chipped in to help in their own way.

Encouraged and renewed by the fact that so many people had rallied around us, we set out again with renewed confidence. The Police too, had been working hard through the night. Good news was, there were still no John Doe cases at the hospitals. This morning, we were finally able to gain access to previous day’s CCTV footage and actually managed to spot my Dad and got a pretty clear screenshot of his last-seen outfit.

We had a rather large search party by now, consisting of friends and relatives. Even friends whom we’d hardly kept in contact with came forth to offer their help, whether to help cover certain areas or help with transportation since they knew we’d been searching all through the night. Some had even taken the day off just to help us. With this system in place, we decided to comb the various parks – figuring that Dad might have gone there to revisit happier times with Mum.

Sometime in the afternoon, Mum suddenly called. She sounded tired and worn out, and her voice trembled lightly when she spoke. I was almost ready to expect the worst. “Dad called. He’s at Woodlands.”

Relief flooded my being. At least he was alive. That’s all that mattered.

We all zoomed towards Causeway Point from our respective locations. Mid-way, a friend’s girlfriend sent a photo of a man sitting on the steps, with weary, slumped shoulders, head clasped in his hand.

It was him. Dad.

Mum and my brother reached him first, so we decided to regroup at home.

They say the Hour before Dawn is the Darkest. It is true.

But throughout this whole ordeal, we have experienced and felt the love and concern from friends, family, and many members of the Singaporean public who have stepped forward to help. Your thoughts and prayers helped to keep us going.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You for being here with us. May you be Blessed greatly in return.

http://natho.net/2012/07/lost-found/#.UA9PZt7kNzl.facebook

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I oso want to post:
Need help to locate and retrieve my CPF Minimum Sum ..
Last seen lurking in a state of confusion between Ordinary Account and the Special Account..
Then I neber hear from her again...sigh...please help me look for her..as she is so dear to me

Tks in advance

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I oso want to post:
Last seen lurking in a state of confusion between Ordinary Account and the Special Account..
Then I neber hear from her again...sigh...please help me look for her..as she is so dear to me

Tks in advance
sorry hor no one free to help you on this..........everybody also looking for theirs.....

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
I oso want to post:

Tks in advance

You can slump on the stairs and look dejected at CPF Building. But wait a minute, there's a new SOP for all government buildings, where the Security are told to chase people like you away. FACT.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can only do it at Causeway Point. If you don't believe, try seating on the stairs of any government buildings, the Security will chase you away. FACT.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can slump on the stairs and look dejected at CPF Building. But wait a minute, there's a new SOP for all government buildings, where the Security are told to chase people like you away. FACT.
Was at Robinson branch about 10 years ago with my old folks. There was this counter staff trying to 'cool down' an angry couple in their 60s. Both got quite agitated start to hurl vulgarities at the counter staff. Counter staff was trying to keep her cool until she buay tahan called the security. 2 Security came and brought them to another place (not sure where).

Not sure what was it about but left a very deep impression. KNN, I was thinking, I could be in the shoes of the angry couple one day.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Optimist's Formula ?

OK, nice to hear some wisdom from you beside the "I work hard, why should I pay..................." crappy shit.

Yes, Mind over matter. Not easy and that's why there're so many HDB/MRT superman and Bedok Reservoir aquaman.

You mean the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak ? But, what if the spirit is unwilling ... maybe, some people should learn how to cope with stress and to adopt an optimist's point of view to be successful. Don't forget that when a person is really down on his luck, all the bad things occur together (burst and distributed mode) which can be mentally fatal.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at Robinson branch about 10 years ago with my old folks. There was this counter staff trying to 'cool down' an angry couple in their 60s. Both got quite agitated start to hurl vulgarities at the counter staff. Counter staff was trying to keep her cool until she buay tahan called the security. 2 Security came and brought them to another place (not sure where).

Not sure what was it about but left a very deep impression. KNN, I was thinking, I could be in the shoes of the angry couple one day.

I ever encounter a man threaten to commit suicide in IRAS.
Big commotion, subdued eventually but not arrested.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
流金税月

I ever encounter a man threaten to commit suicide in IRAS.
Big commotion, subdued eventually but not arrested.

IRAS ? When was that ?

I'm recording this tonight ... The Tax Files (流金税月) 2000 (and stored it in DVD later this weekend)

[video=youtube;PpxG40JKTTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxG40JKTTk[/video]