• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saudi Arabia Holds Women’s Rights Conference

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ob_8757bf_o-saudi-arabia-womens-conference-570-810x420.jpg

Saudi Arabia’s prestigious University of Qassim played host to one of the biggest women’s rights conferences in the Arab world in 2012. Ironically, the institution managed to hold the event without the advice or attendance of a single woman.

Themed around the topic of “Women in Society” the conference, originally intended to be held annually at the University, is supposed to set a benchmark for tolerance and progress in the region. Delegates and speakers from more than fifteen countries showed up.

As is to be expected from Saudi Arabia, a country firmly under the grip of its own twisted interpretation of Sharia Law, zero women attended the event. At least not in the same building as the men. Perhaps more hypocritically, a woman is yet to lecture to men at a University of Qassim summit.

The picture below was published by an Arab newspaper, Okaz, last year and surfaced again in the French-speaking press earlier today. Only two women were cited in attendance.

Saudi Arabia is still ranked 127th out of 136 countries for gender parity.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries that has got it right as far as women are concerned.

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A mockery. Women are as capable or even more capable than men.

Any country that does not embrace gender diversity is doomed to fail in the New World Order.

A simple example would be a soap manufacturer. If the leadership does not consist of women in their teams, how would they know the likes and dislikes of women to the soap they manufacture.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Any country that does not embrace gender diversity is doomed to fail in the New World Order.

A simple example would be a soap manufacturer. If the leadership does not consist of women in their teams, how would they know the likes and dislikes of women to the soap they manufacture.

Soap is not meant for women. Any real woman will be clean and smells like perfume from the day she's conceived. That's why we call a real woman a goddess sent from heaven. A goddess does not need soap, get it?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many Osamas there at the conference and the idiotic Obama dare to say he killed Osama.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Misplaced sense of superiority? If women are so capable, why is there a need for the woman's charter, if not to protect the weaker gender?
What new world order are you talking about?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Misplaced sense of superiority? If women are so capable, why is there a need for the woman's charter, if not to protect the weaker gender?
What new world order are you talking about?

Women - can't live with them, can't live without them....sad case siah. Most women in Spore support the Woman's Charter for obvious reasons. I don't support the oppression of women, but I certainly am not for women's lib either. That mouth of theirs.....can really ruin a guy's day.

jw5

Loyal
That mouth of theirs can also make a guy's day. :biggrin:

Women - can't live with them, can't live without them....sad case siah. Most women in Spore support the Woman's Charter for obvious reasons. I don't support the oppression of women, but I certainly am not for women's lib either. That mouth of theirs.....can really ruin a guy's day.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

While I don't support the oppression of women either, I firmly believe their place is in the kitchen and the bedroom as nature intended.