• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sat ERP!!

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
from the looks of things, anybody/ any company out there interested to tender for transportation license & services via air (helicopter) & sea (sampan/tongkang) ?? surely no need to pay for ERP

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
cut down cars residents not happy. expand road too much work and money

set up gantry is the best! Neat and tidy

but i do agree that the scholars are grossly overpaid!

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reduce MRT fares PTC don't dare.

Improve bus frequencies SBS cow peh unfair.

Increase taxi fare passengers not there.

Sat ERP those no car don't care.

Last edited:

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one force car owner to drve thru ERP. Those cannot afford should no buy car. Pay car installment, insurance,parking, maintenance, fuel cost, ERP ...... monthly average $1K to $1.5K for the average car on the road.

You motherfarker, Pap mentality running pariah dog.

Knnbccb!

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure how many of you are affected..... but with the Saturday implementation is really a pain in the butt ...... as I thought originally ERP was to help ease congestion for business during peak hours and mainly 5 days working days for the masses.

With the new implementation, I found that now it does not make sense to get into town and as it cost $2 to get in..... and since I live just outside of town, all the routes that I'm so used to either gets jammed up due to all the rest trying to avoid the ERP or I found that the shortest way that I'm so used to can't be accessed anymore and had to go a big round just to get to my destination especially when its just on the opposite side but outside the ERP zone (or else I pay $2 twice - do and back! either that or spend more on the petrol!).

I also wonder how much it affects the businesses inside town that will lose customer like me ... like I use to go to Cold Storage Selegie - now I go to the Leisue Dome instead....

Greed Is the Word !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
imagine all car owners scrap their cars, then the car retail biz slumps, putting lotsa car salesmen/women outta jobs. while every1 have their family outings via public transports. i cant imagine how the public transportation can handle the wkend commuters. combined w the FTs & skilled laborers r also out in full force on wkends, we'll soon see ppl stacking themselves on the roof of buses n trains, while others grab onto the tail boards.... in order to get from pt A to B on wkends/public holidays.

Better now than later. Better to get rid of all those redundant trades that provide no value whatsoever. And make the government wake up their ideas of suppressing intellectual development by curbing universities.
Why you want to screw people's lives, let them go forward.
We must have forward thinking.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 dollars up till 8pm on saturday is quite ridiculous.

also parking has already gone up to 80c per half hour in some public carparks.

2 dollars is not enough !

I will like to pay $6-$8 in order for people not crowd the place over.

I am willing for that price and will like to price people out.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point of view Pay and Pay:

From Singapore ....Chin Kang Kor.....!
In Singapore , the majority of us live in Highly Dangerous Buildings (HDB),
And most people have already got used to Paying and Paying (PAP).
Not only do you have to pay, you Pay Until Bankrupt (PUB).
If that's not enough, somebody still Purposely Wants to Dig (PWD) and get more from you.
So what more can you do when you are in the Money Only Environment (MOE)?
With the current Mad Accounting System(MAS) , you are forced to Pay the Sum Ahead (PSA);
Which will leave some people Permanently Owing Some Banks (POSB);
And forced to live on the Loan Techniques Always (LTA) system.
When youfall sick and happen to be admitted to a Money Operating Hospital (MOH) ,
You might be able to use your Cash Prior to Funeral (CPF) fund.
If you are out of luck, you may meet doctors who Never Use Heart (NUH) to treat you ;
And you will be Sure to Give up Hope (SGH).
To help ease the traffic, motorists have to pay Cash On Expressway (COE).
If that doesn't help, they can always Eternally Raise Prices (ERP) on the road.
If you don't own a car, you can always make a Mad Rush to the Train
(MRT) , or get squashed in a bus Side By Side (SBS).
Lastly, under all these pressures, there are not many places we can
relax, not even the good old place we used to go because it has become
So Expensive and Nothing To See Actually (SENTOSA) !!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not sure how many of you are affected..... but with the Saturday implementation is really a pain in the butt ...... as I thought originally ERP was to help ease congestion for business during peak hours and mainly 5 days working days for the masses.

With the new implementation, I found that now it does not make sense to get into town and as it cost $2 to get in..... and since I live just outside of town, all the routes that I'm so used to either gets jammed up due to all the rest trying to avoid the ERP or I found that the shortest way that I'm so used to can't be accessed anymore and had to go a big round just to get to my destination especially when its just on the opposite side but outside the ERP zone (or else I pay $2 twice - do and back! either that or spend more on the petrol!).

I also wonder how much it affects the businesses inside town that will lose customer like me ... like I use to go to Cold Storage Selegie - now I go to the Leisue Dome instead....

The suburban malls that are located in the heartland sells stuff that are pretty much the same as those in town as most of them are franchises or chains store. Unless going for those upmarket stuff such as LV or Burberrys etc, then there isn't a need to go into town. Businesses to a certain extend will be hit because of the ERP, Chinatown is a good example. Whether if there is a reduction to S$1.00 or even S$0.50. Any drivers that sees the ERP gantry lights on will avoid going in, irregardless of the charges.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
on 1 hand, they wanna sell more than cars... they wanna sell papers - called COE.
then, they fear congestion, so they introduce ERP to moderate/ deter traffic, which is ironic, cos majority of sgporeans dont buy cars for fun.... there're pragmatic reasons in having 1.
I beg to differ
10 years ago compared to now, I realise there are more and more cars on the roads.
For me, if I want to go in district, I pay. Plan routes and timings wisely and you wouldn't need to pay that much or even pay at all.

If you ask me, sgporeans do buy cars for fun. If its not expensive, I would have bought a 3rd one. :o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The suburban malls that are located in the heartland sells stuff that are pretty much the same as those in town as most of them are franchises or chains store. Unless going for those upmarket stuff such as LV or Burberrys etc, then there isn't a need to go into town. Businesses to a certain extend will be hit because of the ERP, Chinatown is a good example. Whether if there is a reduction to S$1.00 or even S$0.50. Any drivers that sees the ERP gantry lights on will avoid going in, irregardless of the charges.

If really shop for upmarket stuff such as LV or Burberrys, go hotels eat buffet, these people can afford to pay that $2. If cannot pay ERP, can shop meh? Might as well stay at home