• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sanan denies acting for Thaksin - Thailand

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chartthaipattana Party advisory chairman Sanan Kachornprasart denied as baseless a report that he received money from former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in exchange for information about who was really behind the 2006 coup.

371642-1.jpg

"I have never taken orders from Thaksin. More importantly, I never sell myself. Over the past 33 years in politics, I have never betrayed anyone," Maj Gen Sanan said on Friday.

He condemned the person responsible for the news report. He said he asked about the seccrets surrounding the 2006 coup because he wanted Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin to reveal the facts to the public.

Whether Gen Sonthi answers the questions or not was his decision, but if he failed to do so the doubts about the coup would never be cleared up, the veteran politician said.

Gen Sonthi was chairman of the Council for National Security, which toppled the Thaksin Shinawatra administration on Sept 19, 2006. Today he is an MP, Matubhum Party leader and chairman of the House committee on national reconciliation.

On Wednesday, Maj Gen Sanan posed several questions about the coup to Gen Sonthi during a reconciliation study forum held by King Prajadhipok's Institute (KPI) in Bangkok.

He asked Gen Sonthi whether after the coup, Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda invited Gen Sonthi to have an audience with His Majesty the King; whether Gen Prem was aware of the coup plot; and whether Gen Sonthi informed Gen Prem about the coup before he launched it.

During his turn at the podium, Gen Sonthi refused to answer Maj Gen Sanan's questions. Gen Sonthi said he could not answer certain questions while he was still alive.

Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit said Maj Gen Sanan questioned Gen Sonthi about the coup because he was personally interested in the issue.

"I think it is just Maj Gen Sanan's interest, but people throughout the country including the national army chief [Prayuth Chan-ocha] want to see national reconciliation because they want the country to move forward.

"Some politicians, however, might be interested in the coup issue," Mr Yongyuth said.

The deputy premier said he was not interested about who was behind the 2006 putsch.

371643.jpg

When reporters asked him whether Gen Prem was behind the coup, he said people should not try to get Gen Prem involved. Gen Prem should remain as a respected figure, he said.

Deputy Prime Minister in charge of security affairs Chalerm Yubamrung refused to comment when reporters asked him about Maj Gen Sanan's call for Gen Sonthi to reveal who was behind the coup.

Mr Chalerm said he did not believe Maj-Gen Sanan would quit politics as he has announced he will.

The deputy prime minister said he believed the reconciliation plan proposed by King Prajadhipok's Institute would not succeed.

"The best way is to enact the national reconciliation law that I have drafted. It's different from KPI's proposal but I cannot say when the bill will be tabled in parliament," Mr Chalerm said.

The deputy premier said he would not discuss the details of the bill yet because he would be criticised by the opposition.

The principle of the bill, according to Mr Chalerm, is to grant an amnesty to all parties convicted of political offences, which would also cover Thaksin.