• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam, Time To Remove Self-Governance & Infractions For the Mental Paraplegics

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sam,

I just discovered that yellow_people has been banned. Whilst his views may not be palatable to some, he was undeniably one of the better posters around.

Your old forum thrived because of the rambunctious, free-for-all atmosphere which resulted in gems of infomation being released into the public domain.

By allowing "self-governance" where posters can report "infractions" or be banned because of "infractions" (not quite sure how these "infractions", "banning" works, still new to this forum), you are giving crutches to those who are unable to stand on their own two feet in a rambunctious exchange where often, these mental paraplegics needing the crutches and wheelchairs of infractions and bans are the initiators and culprits of the very complaints they make.

The normal demographics, groupthink and mob mentality will result in minority posters like yellow_people or posters with minority or contrarian views having their voice smothered by "infractions" and snuffed out by "bans" by the mental paraplegics who are unable to stand on their own two feet or by the self-righteous who unable to take the insults, curses, "rudeness", etc that they themselves dish out.

Deny these mental paraplegics their crutches. Let them stand on their own two feet and let the gems emerge in a free-for-all environment just as it did in your old forum.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi Sam,

I just discovered that yellow_people has been banned. Whilst his views may not be palatable to some, he was undeniably one of the better posters around.

The ban only lasts 24 hours max. The infraction system isn't perfect and there are often instances where two characters at war end up banning each other.

However, it does help heaps when spammers and graffiti artists try to mess up the forum in my absence. The members here can put a stop to the nonsense in the absence of a moderator or admin.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is name calling, swearing at people's mother and with almost every post of his is racist, good?

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=54195

In an internet exchange where everyone is "anonymous", this inevitably happens. Frankly, it can be quite enjoyable watching a flame war especially when the exchanges are clever and witty or even participating in one. Helps keep the passion alive.

If you can't stand someone for some reason or think they have crossed the line, they best way to go about it is to "ignore" that person.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I was under the wrong impression that a new nick, re-registration would be required.

the free-for-all and no-holds-barred was exactly what went wrong with the older version of this forum. it got so bad until sam gotta close it down. u want history to repeat meh?:eek:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Sam,
By allowing "self-governance" where posters can report "infractions" or be banned because of "infractions" (not quite sure how these "infractions", "banning" works, still new to this forum), you are giving crutches to those who are unable to stand on their own two feet in a rambunctious exchange where often, these mental paraplegics needing the crutches and wheelchairs of infractions and bans are the initiators and culprits of the very complaints they make.
......who are unable to stand on their own two feet or by the self-righteous who unable to take the insults, curses, "rudeness", etc that they themselves dish out.
.....Deny these mental paraplegics their crutches. Let them stand on their own two feet and let the gems emerge in a free-for-all environment just as it did in your old forum.

What an oxymoron from a moron ! On the one hand, arguing for standing on own feet, on the other hand kenna infraction from kingrant, buay song then report him back, then now hypocritically, start a thread to ask for mercy from infraction ! In the favourite words of your pal Chaopappypoodle, what a 'shapeshifter' !

Of course I am declaring my vested interest in this : Going by your logic, I was the original victim of your 'can't stand on 2 feet' pal Chaopappypoodle who started the whole ball rolling by issuing me an infraction/warning for being rude, ironically being rude himself for using name-calling instead of valid arguments against me in our discussion on Jerk Neo, wife & all. Remember, you even blast me once or twice, but we never got more base, did we ?

So of course, upon his 'warning', I retaliated by abusing him in PM, then upon learning how to play the game & buttons, issue him an infraction as well for 'insult'. Two can play the game too, right ?

No, your good pal upped the stakes by starting a thread to ostracise me. Fortunately, there are people ballsy & fair enough to debunk his baseless slander.

I have watched in silence then. Kingrant & your pal Chaopappypoodle again had a clash of views, so he reported Chao or Chao reported him (I lost track) for infraction & back & forth it went.

In your own unhappy clash with Kingrant, you had nothing better to do than to cut-and-paste Kingrant's infraction of Chao. To prove what ?

Of course, good old Kingrant gave you an infraction as well.
Which cause you to abandon your principles & join in the fun - you gave him an infraction back !

Now, you had a change of heart - & started this thread for end to infraction.

I am posting not out to start a flame war with you or revive shit with Chaopappy or his supporters.

I was actually enjoying & marvelling at the exchange of wit & civilised insults (another oxymoron) between Kingrant & yourself.

Then infractions then this.

My take is :-

Ultimately brave or coward, no one enjoys the utter futility of flame wars.
But cut the crap on standing on 2 feet, blah blah blah, that's another self-consolation bullshit talk.

As long as logic, good sense, fairplay prevail, things can roll on.
3rd party assessment can help give unofficial verdicts & all can move on.

Still buay song, eventually fatigue will settle matters.
Still can't settle, then in the nature of an 'informal mainstream' opinion forming, the dissenters are still free to be himself, but eventually become unspoken/spoken 'pariahs' here.

I need not mention names, it is obvious which nicks have 'earned' their notoriety or infamy by 'consensus'.

Mr Chau, move on lah, like I had advised Kingrant, I say to you, your blood pressure & peace of mind is worth more than having the 'final say' & 'proving you are right', others are wrong'.

I have said my piece, if you think I meant you ill, by all means start abusing me :cool:.

But remember, in the heat of your tit-for-tat with Kingrant, like another bro Alamaking, I did not ka-cheow, join in take sides or add oil to fire unlike some who interfered when I had my row with you-know-who.

At the end, like what Sneering Tree & others had said, please return peace & civility to the one thing we can all agree on - we love sams el fresco kopitiam.......

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah self gov , unlimited infraction onto another member is a sick joke.
the money collector knows it, but he just want to fxxk us up.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometime self governance work, some time we need higher hand to intervene. there is no perfect governing system in cyberspace and in real life.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should follow my example.

All the BASTARSs who gave me infraction I never give back.

As a matter of fact, I had never gave anyone, let alone a BASTARD an infraction since i joined way back in the old forum.

Don't believe go check.

All those who give infraction to others are BIG BASTARD themselves.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should follow my example.

All the BASTARSs who gave me infraction I never give back.

As a matter of fact, I had never gave anyone, let alone a BASTARD an infraction since i joined way back in the old forum.

Don't believe go check.

All those who give infraction to others are BIG BASTARD themselves.

i dun think you or me can give infractions. we don't have the (s) beside our name.

we can only give warning.:biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun think you or me can give infractions. we don't have the (s) beside our name.
we can only give warning.:biggrin:

Another mystery of the vbulletin platform.
I didn't know how i became senior alfrescian.
Casual check shows it is not seniority, some registered a year before me also not. My points & power also veri modest. Can't find in FAQ too.

Izzit true no (s) means 'can give warning only' ? I dun think so.

It seems that once status changed, then all old posts also showed latest status. I was almost stunned to see posts from 'Banned' members, then i realise, oh, at the time of posting not 'Banned', but now 'banned', look up old posts, the status will still show 'banned'. misleading .....

no[lan]

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are 2 yellow people on this forum
the yellow_people is a retarded spammer, probably from the F4

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ban only lasts 24 hours max. The infraction system isn't perfect and there are often instances where two characters at war end up banning each other.

However, it does help heaps when spammers and graffiti artists try to mess up the forum in my absence. The members here can put a stop to the nonsense in the absence of a moderator or admin.

what about your ball polishing scrooball who can delete as he wishes my threads and even those personal messages in my PERSONAL PROFILE? why do u allow this creepy jerk to abuse the lame authority u bestowed him?:oIo:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's surprising why many do not suspect it could be NGEJAY who is behind all these clones replicating. ngejay is heading the SDP IB.

he's my pet snake in my avatar which i was compelled to set him free to do more mischiefs by ball polisher scrooball - the paps-styled tyrant moderator who said he wouldn't be around but still is.:mad:

G

General Veers

it's surprising why many do not suspect it could be NGEJAY who is behind all these clones replicating. ngejay is heading the SDP IB.

Why are u still posting your F4 and NGEGAY rubbish here again? Do you see anymore of their so called clones hounding your postings? If so can u list their clones here for all to see?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB BASTARD elephanto! You CB SHAPESHIFTER. YOu kenna caught shapeshifting and kenna FARKED jialat by me and others and you can't take it. You kenna accused of being part of the PAPies IB and you can't take it.

You kenna infraction by ME because you went into so many threads for so many days to make lanchiau stories that you kenna farked.

If you not happy then reply in the same thread. Don't shit all over the place and expect others to emphatize with your shapeshifting ways. :oIo:

YOu and your friend/clone kingrant were shown to be idiots and shapeshifters in the Jackass Neo thread and you tak boleh tahan. You are dishonest with your posts and with the way you exhibit your IB mentality here.

Now you change your tune on your Jackass - shapeshifter! :oIo:

IB employee!:oIo: A bastard that is a son of a bastard! That is what you are! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCB BASTARD elephanto! .... :oIo::oIo::oIo:

I thought you have placed me on IGNORE ?:eek:
Tsk Tsk Tsk, watch your blood pressure, poodle,
If you can't see an issue in full totality, dun yell 'shapeshifter' on account of your limited bandwidth.
Like Bro Alamak like to say.... relac ok, have a nice day :cool: !